Movie collection, dvd bluray, feel free to add your own

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Movie collection, dvd bluray, feel free to add your own Empty Movie collection, dvd bluray, feel free to add your own

Post by grinchy Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:53 pm

So as well as Star Wars i like to collect movies, streaming is ace and i do that to, but i like to have a physical copy, heres where i'm at
the main bluray cabinet in the living room, i've been buying quite a few discs lately, and i'm quite out of room
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
next up i have a small shelf again in the living room, this has dr who and others on it
Then we go to the dvd shelving which my brother in law  put together for us, i have a pile of dvds, not sure how many, but you can see its a lot
then we have some individual discs, i quite like Steel books  and have a few of them, they are metal cases with nice artwork on them, i've picked up a few as you can see, i only get the cheaper ones though, always looking for a bargain
then we have my foray into middle earth, love Peter Jackson and his movies, but i love his take on the storys
So thats my collection, i've been adding to it quite a lot recently through trades etc, would love to see what others have
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5923

Back to top Go down

Movie collection, dvd bluray, feel free to add your own Empty Re: Movie collection, dvd bluray, feel free to add your own

Post by Nico Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:59 pm

Awesome collection and some great titles there Ian rockon

I love my films mate especially late 70's / 80's horror What a Face

Most are boxed away with streaming these days but I'll dig some out and take a pic cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Movie collection, dvd bluray, feel free to add your own Empty Re: Movie collection, dvd bluray, feel free to add your own

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:49 pm

Very impressive collection Ian cheers

I don't have a blu ray player so only dvds for me so far , but I do have a pretty large dvd collection myself . Like Andy , I am a huge fan of horror , particularly 70's and 80's , so that makes up a great deal of my collection .
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:21 pm

Cheers guys, love me some horror, would love to see your collections, i ended up buying a region one US multi region dvd player recently for my overseas collection of dvds, i have about fifteen region one discs, need to sort through them
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:57 pm

here's most of what I have ...

[800][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/800]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:37 pm

Wow mate, that's a cool collection of dvds thanks for sharing, love the display cabinet
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:28 am

So i have a soft spot for Dr Who, loved the tennant era, not so much the other new ones, my main dr growing up was Sylvester McCoy, i really enjoyed those stories,and i remember pertwee and tom baker to, so they have been releasing the older stories on bluray, i have picked up two of the sets so far, the jon pertwee season 8 release, has some great special features on each of the six discs, and i won the tom baker season 1 american set last night
Heres the pertwee set
and Toms

These sets are really popular and go for a pretty penny, i've been lucky to get mine for a decent price, paid 27 for the pertwee season, and 23 for Toms, can't wait to get it, i'm waiting on Sylvester's season 25  with remembrance of the daleks to come out, my favourite of his era, not out yet, and if i can get the others for a decent price i will, by the way the us releases have a different way of releasing the seasons, for example toms is released as season 1 over there, but here its season 12! confusing Very Happy
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I spy a lot of classics there James rockon

Love that cabinet mate cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:49 pm

Nice pick up on the Dr Who's Ian clapping

Tom Baker was my favourite The Horror of Fang rock and Robot rockon

But some great episodes from all the doctors mate, great series cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:59 pm

Cheers mate, i remember as a kid having the robot figure they produced as well as the tardis good times, i bet those are expensive these days
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:44 am

Here is Star Trek the original series, i have the next gen set and that is a brilliant set to, the shows have never looked better, the original series has updated special effects added, but crucially they also left the original effects to so you can have either at the press of a button (Disney take note!)
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:16 pm

I really enjoyed the Dune movie, so jumped on this release from Arrow, has loads of special features on it
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:20 pm

Cool Cool

I have the original Trek series on dvd but your bluray set looks nicer cheers
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:09 pm

Cheers mate, this is the first time i've had them on disc, last set i had was vhs back in the 90's,
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:13 pm

So i picked up a few more discs, first up from the MCU, a set of 4 bluray discs, swooped in last second and nabbed them all for eight pounds, can't grumble at those prices

then got this 15th anniversary edition of the frighteners, love Peter Jackson and his movies

next up is one for the wife, the sound of music, 45th anniversary edition, has some decent special features on it

finally, the wolfman, love this movie, and Rick bakers work on it is ace, even if parts of it are a cg fest

grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:53 pm

So i picked up the justice league extended cut, really enjoyed it, i haven't seen the original so just bought that one to, here's the extended cut

And the standard version, I'm guessing there is a lot of difference between them, anyone else seen both?, what are your thoughts?

DC have not had as much luck as marvel on the blockbuster front, i like both companies but must say i prefer marvels output

grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:30 pm

Great movies man , I like both dc and Marvel movies but , like you , I prefer Marvel cheers
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:06 pm

I haven't seen the extended cut yet. But I hear it adds a lot to the cyborg character.
Also, I prefer Marvel as well.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:14 pm

Cheers guys, I'll let you know when I've seen the standard edition, yeah i think marvel are the better team to,
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:42 am

Nice movie pick ups Ian. Yeah the Snyder cut, of Justice League, is way better than the original theatrical release. It's about 4 hours long, but it really fleshes out a lot of the characters back story. Especially the Cyborg character. I think Zack Snyder is a really good visual director, but I think his movies often lack depth in story and character development. But I think he came good with this one.
Like the rest of you guys I prefer the MCU over the DCU. Although I do think that the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy are some of the best comic book hero movies, ever made. But then I think Christopher Nolan is an incredible director, who hasn't made a bad movie yet (although I haven't seen Tenet yet).
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:17 pm

I agree on the batman movies being great, i haven't seen Tenet yet, still waiting on the standard justice to arrive, cheers mate
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:04 pm

Arrived today, seven quid delivered, still sealed, bargain  rockon
[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:54 pm

wow mate great score, love me some vintage zombie action!, had to pick this up recently, i remember the first time seeing this uncut with the eye splinter intact, good stuff!
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:19 pm

Nice mate love arrow video  rockon

Picked this pair up £3-50 delivered (sealed)  cheers
[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
Absolutlely love this  What a Face

lol! lol! lol!
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:25 pm

cheers mate, never watched the mighty boosh, might have to give it a watch, good deal!
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top