Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Post by chris.75 Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:42 pm

congrats on those pickups guys clapping

Well done on picking up that missing no coo Nein numb for your collection Marco, as well as the trilogo yak face cheers

Thats a nice haul of vintage sw goodies you had stowed away Clint Shocked that must have been a great feeling when you found all that paperwork inside.
I wish I could find something like that at my folks place, sadly they have moved home several times since I lived with them, so all hopes of them having any of my childhood stuff are sadly gone.
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10011
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Post by General Kahn Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:31 pm

First of all..... no I haven't won the lottery, the following are essentially pick ups from the last 3 pay days, but it's just taken a while for some stuff to arrive, and then it's pretty much all turned up in the last week or so making me a happy chappy!

First up, a couple of Euro figures.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Leia is the red eyes no COO figure (Cheers Christian for that Smile ) and the R2 is the no COO version....

Next up a couple of Mexicans Smile

I was also lucky enough to add another Lando Skiff Palitoy MOC to the collection.....

It's a 65A card. I actually already have this one, but the price was good and an opportunity to upgrade. My original is very beaten up, but it will be staying in the collection as it has the remnants of a Kay-Bee price sticker on it, which I just think is cool and another story in vintage history concerning European distribution. Here are the pair...

And the group.......

Kenner 77B, MIM 65B, Palitoy 65A, Palitoy 65A (Kay-Bee), Palitoy 65B, Tri-Logo (Kay-Bee)

And finally! Something truly remarkable happened a couple of weeks ago on facebook. A guy called Todd put up for sale a huge collection of Lili Ledy overstock, most of which was very reasonably priced, some of the pieces he had for sale certainly ended up in very good hands Smile
I was lucky enough to get the Luke Bespin lot he had for sale.
No as most of you will know, there are four Luke Bespin heads that can be found as overstock, unpainted, eyes only, fully painted and of course the infamous dark brown haired head.
No some of you may know that I was lucky enough to buy an error head from Ozio several years ago that had no eyes and just hair. It is actually possible that this may even be a standard production head and not an error, just done in a different way that day, hair first instead of eyes? Leia Bespin definately was random in this way, so it is possible. Either way, this allowed me to create a unique set of 5 and most probably the only set of 5 on the planet.
Well when my purchase arrived I was shocked to find something unique amongst the 4 heads present!!! Smile
I had been so focused on the legs that I hadn't noticed an interesting feature on the 'eyes only' head.
Now the dark brown hair heads all have very bold eyes and eye brows, usually quite poorly applied. Well the eyes only head from this set has the very same eyes making it the dark brown hair head but before the hair was painted, where as my other 'eyes only' head has the standard production eye print so is definately from the normal head, which means I now have a very unique collection of 6 overstock heads now Smile The other pieces allowed me to complete the leg run as well which is something I saw in another collection many years ago and have dreamed of owning the set ever since Smile

General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Congrats Alex on the haul of vintage goodies & the LL overstock pieces. clapping   I also want to say congrats on winning the lottery as well. nanny lol!

Also, congratulations on just been so totally awesome!
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26800
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Cheers Clint...... and thanks, I think I'm awesome too hahaha

I may have edited Clint's post in order to boost my own self esteem haha Smile
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:36 pm

You have been busy Alex! Those are excellent additions to your foci, especially the Ledy overstock pieces! clapping (I'm also enjoying watching your Lando moc run develop. Wink )
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:58 pm

Cantina_Patron wrote:I'm also enjoying watching your Lando moc run develop

Yes I bet you are you evil bastard!!! HAHA cheeky

Last edited by General Kahn on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:59 pm

General Kahn wrote:hahaha

lol! gkhan
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:57 pm

some fantastic new additions there Alex clapping clapping clapping
I'm lovin the Ledy stuff, especially the overstock legs and heads, that's a great line up mate cheers cheers
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by psybertech Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Hey guys,
Nice pickups as always, fellas! cheers

Love the Ledy overstock, Alex. And thank you for the heads up..........  afro

OK... So.......... I'll be putting an official thank you post up soon, but I wanted to share a few fun things I have picked up over the past few months while on my sick leave. It took a while to pull my photo rig back out and get it sorted out. Man, I forgot all my settings! lol!

First... a few nice figures and cardback.
The PBP Stormtrooper and PBP 65 cardback (my first!) came as a get well present from Marco and you guys! bowwing
The PBP TFP with AT-AT emblems came as another get well present from Kenneth and you guys! clapping

The POCH Luke is the one I bought off Kenneth a a little while ago. I have had my eyes on it and hounded Kenneth for it since Celebration.

Note the nice melt mark on Luke's butt... Smile

And now for my first Ledy overstock pieces....

A great start to a run if I do say so myself. Razz
I need to talk to Ozio more about the history of these, but what strikes me the most is the plastic seems a bit different from what I am accustomed to with the regular Ledy Leia Bespin.
These appear a bit more pinkish and flat than a few Ledys I have seen. But I did have one that also was pinker in the flesh tone as well and I have seen at least one if not two pictures of other Leia Bespin Ledy OS heads, and they look just like the ones in the run.

I would love to know more of why these are overstock ... i.e. testing pieces for paint apps using imported pieces? or in house created pieces used for testing purposes? or simply in house pieces that failed QC or were abandoned before making it through production? ... many questions.

Regardless.... I believe them to be authentic and came from the same source as Alex just got more Luke overstock from. They guy was selling a ton of Ledy overstock so all should be good I believe.

Anyway............. Thank you guys for the cool PBP goodness! And again... I will post a better thank you thread when I can get photos of the other stuff together.

cheers!
Very Happy
Jay

Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1875
Focus : Leia Bespin

http://leia.bespin.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:28 pm

Awesome stuff Jay, I'm so glad you are well and getting back to normal. I am also so glad that those overstock pieces ended up with you, the right home Smile
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:38 pm

Damn Jay that PBP stormie looks mint!! I'm glad to see you posting again and that you are on the mend. Also glad that everything arrived safely and that you are happy with your get well gifts Smile

Really lovin those Ledy bespin Leia overstock heads, they look great clapping clapping
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Jay, Awesome pick-ups. Love the LL overstock heads. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:21 pm

Fantastic additions Jay! As the others guys have said, it's great to see you posting and I'm glad your get well gifts arrived safely. Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:30 am

Fantastic additions, gents!
I simply love these Ledy overstock pieces, Alex and Jay!  Very Happy

I am happy that our TXI team gift arrived safely and that you enjoy it, Jay.
And even happier to see you posting.  cheers

A big public thanks to Kenneth for being so generous to send me this (early) PBP/ Poch figure as a gift, after he found out I was still missing it, during his visit last August. It put a big smile on my face. Very Happy

On a personal level, it is great to realize that the hobby is less about collecting plastic and cardboard and more about building and maintaining durable friendships with likeminded people, like you guys. And this gift is a nice example.

I call it Collecting 2.0 and I enjoy it a lot. cheers
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:22 pm

Fantastic addition Marco, and kudos to Kenneth for his generosity. clapping

Although I haven't dealt with Kenneth personally, I've only heard VERY positive things about him and I hope to deal with him in the future. Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Marco, Great figure, and great present from Kenneth. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:31 pm

PBP Cloud Car Pilot Variants.

From left to right:

• Pale face, Orange helmet
  • Pinkish face, Orange helmet
  • Pale Face, Red helmet. I am very happy to finally obtain this variant. Very Happy

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:13 pm

Congratulations Marco. clapping
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Nice CCP figures Marco.cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Akial Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:47 pm

Awesome CCP's Especially the left one. drunken
Akial
Akial
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 745
Focus : loose variants, customizing, cardboard playsets, Ugnaught

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:59 pm

Thanks, Dirk! Very Happy

I am very happy to have them in my collection
Do you collect the PBP line as well.?

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:07 pm

outstanding figures Marco clapping

congratulations on obtaining the pale faced red helmet ccp, that is one rare figure!

I really like the Poch red emblems At-At driver too, but I like the backstory behind its sentimental value even more Smile
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Couple of little bits added Very Happy

PBP IG-88

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

No COO Cloud Car Pilot

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:37 pm

Nice new pick ups Alex, congrats on the PBP Iggy, he looks in great condition, and looks like he has the same, large, vibrant orange paint on the head.  
clapping clapping clapping

Very nice Euro CCP too, and complete cheers
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Cheers Chris, CCP was a bargain price thanks to Kenneth pointing and helping me out with that Very Happy

He wasn't complete though, I just added the weapons for the pic, My CCP's will never all be complete I doubt :/
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top