Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1 Empty Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Post by psybertech Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Want to share your latest item's you picked up with us?

Feel free to show us what you have got!!!

Last edited by psybertech on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:02 am; edited 2 times in total

Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1875
Focus : Leia Bespin

http://leia.bespin.info/

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Post by psybertech Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:24 pm

FINALLY!

Leia Bepsin Lili Ledy ROTJ "El Regreso Del Jedi" 30 Back.... great shape aside from the "red beard"!
Someone decided to give her a beard with red marker and then it looks like someone tried to remove it.
BUT - its still a Ledy! Smile

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

Last edited by psybertech on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Post by Commander Clint Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:26 pm

Jason, That's a great pickup. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:57 am

Nice one Jay!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:44 pm

I actually like the mustache on her (go figure What a Face )

It gives the piece more charm afro

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Just a few small pick-ups for me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:20 pm

congrats on the Ledy Bespin Leia card jay  clapping  
I would like to pick up a Ledy Vader card at some point, but they go for crazy prices on ebay vader

Nice Haul of Star Wars comics Clint, most are in their original plastic sleeves too, they look in great condition clapping
great new editions to your Canadian Cards too cheers

A couple of new pickups for me, but not a great deal as i'm currently paying off a few items.

FX-7 coo I.1a

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

Stef managed to find an original cape for my 'open hand' Hungarian Vader bootleg  yay
its in nm condition, with no tears.

And then I found this guy at a Toy fair last weekend, unfortunately there was very little vintage SW, except for a few beaters. But this guy was in with them for £3. so I thought what the hell Laughing

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by psybertech Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:21 pm

Nice pickups!

Love those Canadian card backs! I need to get some more as I don't have more than a handful. Sad And go figure... 3 are Leia Bespins.  tongue

Chris... that Vader cape is mint! WOW! Shocked That is on the Hungarians that I want one day. Smile

Nice guys!

cheers!
Very Happy

Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:50 pm

chris.75 wrote:Nice Haul of Star Wars comics Clint, most are in their original plastic sleeves too, they look in great condition

Thanks Chris.  Unfortunately, all of them are used.  I bagged and boarded them myself. smoking

I also love the loose Friar Tuck. clapping I have a Canadian MOC of him that I picked up at a show for $3. lol!

psybertech wrote:Love those Canadian card backs! I need to get some more as I don't have more than a handful.

Jason, I'm waiting to hear back from Dax on TIG about some of his Canadian card backs.  I offered to trade any of my extras for some of his.  If I don't hear back from him soon, I'll post my extra's up for trade.  I don't have many left at the moment.  Alex got about 20 Canadian card backs from me about a month ago.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Not exactly vintage, but still it brought back the child in me, when An pointed me to these original trilogy figures in my local supermarket just half hour ago.

Only one minute later.....

Save at home now: cheers

I love finding Star Wars in the wild. Very Happy

More info about these newest PEZ dispensers here
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by psybertech Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:34 pm

Nothing super  or anything from me, but I was pleased to pick these up at Celebration VII for around $70 for them all. Smile 

All pretty nice variants (and yes a discoloration example I have wanted) that flew under the radar in loose bins and pegs. And also one very nice gift from the ever cool, Kenneth!!! cheers
Weapons are legit, but in the case of the GG and Logray, not correct, so I will need to work on that over time.

I need to take some better shots once I am settled in, but I had to do a group shot when I unpacked them from the show before they get split up. I didn't expect to buy anything, but it was fun variant hunting on the show floor with Kenneth for sure!!! Razz

First one to name all the variants gets a pat on the back and a hi-five! tongue

cheers!

Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Great stuff guys! nice to see the new stuff here Very Happy

I haven't had a great deal in a while, but did add a couple of new bits to the Luke collection. Chris and Marco met my friend Geoff at Sci-Fi Scarborough, I've been after this cardback off him for a while, but he plays a tough game so it took a while and was helped a long by a Canadian Luke Bespin card gifted to me by Clint Very Happy
Cheers Clint, and thanks Geoff for a much need Palitoy 41 B Smile

Next up is another totally bonus for me! I never thought I'd ever own a Luke Bespin MOC, so to now own 3 is more than I ever imagined.... by 3! cheeky

What's great is, that all 3 are significant in there own right and have cost me less than £100 for all 3, which is very good considering an average Luke Bespin MOC will bam you three figures big time on even a shit day!
Well, my first was a gem A Tri-Logo beater, but still a Tri-Logo!!! Stephane gives them a 4 out of 5 rating on rareness, bearing in mind General Madine and Jawa are 5 Smile Mine has a PBP caramel boots Luke inside, the hardest figure to find on this card!!! So I love it,!!
My second was a gift from Jay!!!!! A gift!!! And an ESB 47A, not rare, but still one of the harder ESB cards to find. Thanks Jay my friend! What a Face

Several years ago I had the opportunity to buy one of these, but didn't Sad  I literally thought about it for weeks but didn't bother because I had no MOC's and new it would set a bad trend, the price was great but I waited to long and lost out. Well the opportunity came about again for even cheaper, mainly because the condition was terrible, but I don't care when it comes to carded figures, and again this is a rare beauty.
Palitoy 65D wih china baggie figure Very Happy

The China Baggie figure did appear on the Palitoy 45C and 65D but is definately the hardest figure variant to find on either and the 65D is the harder of the two cards to find so all in all, it's a beater and the bubbl is cracked with the weapons missing, but still a very difficult card/figure combination to find so overall I'm over the moon What a Face

Last edited by General Kahn on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:14 pm

Jason, Those look like some great loose figures. Very Happy As too what variants they are, I haven't got a clue?

Alex, I'm glad you were able to get that Palitoy Luke from Geoff. yay It must look nice with the rest of your collection. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:24 pm

Thank you Clint Very Happy It does look nice with the others, the Palitoy logo's say it all What a Face

General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by psybertech Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:47 pm

Alex,

Great to see another MOC to your collection and the China bagged figure in the 65 rocks!!! What a nice one to get man! Very jealous! Just curious... where did you score him?  Rolling Eyes
And any Palitoy back is a good back!  yay haha

Clint....

The variants...

• Ledy Gam Guard and Logray (no ledy accessories though) but super cheap! Smile
  • No COO (completely removed) Imperial Commander (China baggie I believe)
  • discolored light orange Squid head (just cool I think)
  • Dark pants Han Hoth 
  • PBP/Euro Vader with the leathery/textured cape (gift from KB!)
  • and a Taiwan Painted Helmet Boba!!!! my best score I think since he is in great shape!!!!

Not bad at all for just finding them at actual SW seller's booths. They had no idea what they had.  banana
I wish I looked on the first day. I heard a bunch of other cool variants were dug up for 5-10 dollars!  tard

Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:36 pm

psybertech wrote:where did you score him?

Ebay, it was BIN for £70, I saw one of these years ago, exactly the same for £100 and I toyed with the idea of buying it for literally weeks, but ultimately I didn't have any MOC's back then so thought it would be a bad choice. Eventually it sold and I have regretted not buying it ever since, so when this came up I didn't waste any time Smile

It has a crack at the bubble bottom and the weapons have fallen out like my Tri-Logo, but it actually had the original weapons with it as well separately so that's cool Smile

gkhan
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Fri May 01, 2015 10:28 am

Got a little gift from Jay in the post today, all the way from Anahiem Very Happy

Awesome Luke Bespin Star Tot and some flyers for my most anticipated book ever!!!! Cn't wait Javi

General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri May 01, 2015 8:32 pm

great new pick ups guys clapping

Nice display of original trilogy Pez characters Marco

fantastic variant finds at C7 Jay, the painted helmet Taiwan Fett is in great condition cheers

Congrats on your latest Luke Bespin MOC Alex, you have managed to pic these up at bargain prices, well done mate  clapping  
It was also nice of Geoff to finally relinquish his grasp on that Palitoy 41 B Luke Bespin card  Very Happy
he he the Luke Bespin Star Tot is cool too, I'm looking forward to receiving my flyer of Javi's book, in a soon to be shipped package from Kenneth Very Happy

But until that package arrives, just a few recent pick ups form me:

no coo ERG

Ledy Ben

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500][500][/500]

PBP CCP

Leia Bespin HK coo II.1a

she's in great shape, near mint, and was fairly priced, due to the small pen marks on her cheek. I thought that i might be able to remove them, but unfortunately they seem to be tattooed on  No I tried dabbing it with lighter fluid as well as acetone, but no luck. Any suggestions?

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by psybertech Fri May 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Hey Chris,

If it is pen or marker it will be tough to impossible.
But, if you are adventurous, you could pop the head off and soak it in Windex (window cleaner that contains diluted ammonia) and let it soak for 20-30 minutes.
If it can come off, you can just touch it with a q-tip and it should just vanish.

I use Windex all the time to remove non-factory paints from my customs and it hasn't hurt the factory paint yet.
If you have a beater of the same figure, I'd test with her first to make sure the factory paint won't be hurt. So far I haven't found any that Windex harms, but I haven't tried them all (in theory each factory's application could be different).

Beyond that, I haven't had much luck with pens and markers. Sad
If you do have success, please share!!!! Smile

Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri May 01, 2015 10:07 pm

Alex & Chris, Great new additions for both of you. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri May 01, 2015 10:27 pm

psybertech wrote:Hey Chris,

If it is pen or marker it will be tough to impossible.
But, if you are adventurous, you could pop the head off and soak it in Windex (window cleaner that contains diluted ammonia) and let it soak for 20-30 minutes.
If it can come off, you can just touch it with a q-tip and it should just vanish.

I use Windex all the time to remove non-factory paints from my customs and it hasn't hurt the factory paint yet.
If you have a beater of the same figure, I'd test with her first to make sure the factory paint won't be hurt. So far I haven't found any that Windex harms, but I haven't tried them all (in theory each factory's application could be different).

Beyond that, I haven't had much luck with pens and markers. Sad
If you do have success, please share!!!! Smile

Thanks for the tips and advice jay, unfortunately I do not have any Leia beaters to test on, and i'm not sure that Windex is a brand available in the UK.
But I guess other window cleaning solutions should be just as effective.
I'm pretty sure that it is pen ink that has stained the plastic, so probably wouldn't come off, but I might give your suggestion a go at some point, if I'm feeling brave enough chug
thanks Jay Smile
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by psybertech Fri May 01, 2015 10:50 pm

Hey Chris,

Check with Alex. I know I recommended this to him a while back since he does customs too. I think he found a close match to it, but I am not sure.
It should be fine to try without testing, but I don't want to put my stamp of approval on it, especially if it isn't 100% the same Windex ingredients.
I just soaked a Leia head right now that is the same variant as yours to test it. After 30 minutes, original paint is fine. There wasn't anything to remove... just testing to make sure that variant's factory paint would be fine with Windex. But please check with Alex about a UK equivalent.

cheers!
Very Happy

Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri May 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Thanks Jay, that was very kind of you to test the variant for me, thanks man clapping
we use some pretty good stuff at the hotel where I work, I might give that a go, but I'll check with Alex first before doing anything.
Thanks again Jay Very Happy
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Sat May 02, 2015 6:38 pm

I never ot round to buying anything Jay, but didn't you say that you can buy windex through Amazon,? so it might be available in the u.k. that way, I still need some for my dodgy painted PBP Luke.

My Poch Luke has pen inked eyes Chris Sad and that is now part of the plastic I think! The original Ol' Blue Eye's Razz

gkhan
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sat May 02, 2015 10:23 pm

I checked out Amazon and found some Windex, so it should be on its way after the bank holiday, thanks Alex Smile
Although like you, with your Poch Luke Bespin, I don't hold out much hope, as i think it is now part of the plastic.

Fingers crossed
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top