Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Post by psybertech Wed May 27, 2015 2:24 pm

That is pretty cool! A great crossover for your wife! cheers

How tall is that? About a foot?

Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1875
Focus : Leia Bespin

http://leia.bespin.info/

Back to top Go down

Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Pickups........ Volume 1

Post by Commander Clint Wed May 27, 2015 2:24 pm

James, that's a fantastic piece for both you & your wifes collections. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26800
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed May 27, 2015 5:05 pm

Thanks Guys What a Face

I forgot to get measurements on it while I had it unpacked Jay Embarassed

It is very close to 12 " tall though cheers

After my wife opens it I will get measurements to add to the cobot thread ...
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Wed May 27, 2015 5:48 pm

Hey James, that is a cool Col;a R2. Never saw it before.

Julie must be very happy with her gift! Very Happy
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by psybertech Sat May 30, 2015 7:37 pm

yay clapping cheers

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

Finally secured a nice piece of pre-production artwork history!

I wrote it up over [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

SO happy!!!!! Smile

cheers!
Very Happy

Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1875
Focus : Leia Bespin

http://leia.bespin.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sun May 31, 2015 11:25 pm

That Leia Bespin photo transparency is a great piece of pre production history Jay, It will make an outstanding new addition to your focus and look great in between your Proofs.
a really nice write up on it too, with great close up, detail shots.
congratulations on picking it up bud cheers clapping
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10011
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:52 am

Nice transparency. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Forgot to congratulate you Jim on the cool 'Cobot' radio controlled droid, for Julie's Coke collection.
Its a great R2 knock off, are the sounds its makes similar to R2?

This ledy luke Bespin arrived in the post today, he's in great shape, with just a small amount of discolouration to the front of his torso.
I bought this from a Spanish seller. I am curious to know if the weapons are ledy too, or just kenner? If anyone can identify them as Ledy (Alex?) I think the Saber is the correct  mold variant for a Ledy Bespin Luke saber?

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

[700][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/700]
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:12 pm

Hi guys, after a long sabbatical I'm back! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not vintage (I hope lol! ), my daughter (Beth) was delighted to receive a nice selection of chocolate treats from Canada via Scarborough. While in Scarborough two 80's Mexican SA Luke Bespin figures stowed themselves away (I guess they were sick of being exposed to a certain 'infamous' arse). What a Face  

As I said privately, I am very grateful Clint & Alex!  clapping
These are my first vintage bootlegs (Alex, I guess you're trying to get me hooked as revenge for starting you off on a moc Lando Skiff focus   nanny  ) BTW, it was great talking to you last night. Very Happy

Last edited by cantina_patron on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:20 pm

Steve, I'm just glad to see you back posting again.cheers

I hope Beth is enjoying the chocolates. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:23 pm

cantina_patron wrote:Hi guys, after a long sabbatical I'm back! Very Happy

Welcome the hell back brother cheers

Time for our dance of joy ...

I am so fracking happy to see you back Steve yay
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:26 pm

Commander Clint wrote:Steve, I'm just glad to see you back posting again.cheers

I hope Beth is enjoying the chocolates. clapping

Thank you Clint!

The Coffee Crisps went down very well ( I had a little taste). Beth is with her mother for the weekend, so I'm saving the others for her when she returns on Sunday evening. Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:28 pm

cantina_patron wrote:The Coffee Crisps went down very well ( I had a little taste).

lol! I'll have to include some more for you and Alex, with the next package heading to the UK. lol! cheeky
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:29 pm

ourchickenshack wrote:
cantina_patron wrote:Hi guys, after a long sabbatical I'm back! Very Happy  

Welcome the hell back brother  cheers

Time for our dance of joy ...

I am so fracking happy to see you back Steve yay

Thank you James, I've missed you bro. afro
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:32 pm

a very warm welcome back Steve yay yay yay

Great pic of Beth clapping clapping
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:54 pm

Thank you Chris! Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:01 pm

A true moment of joy to see you back posting here, Steve!!! cheers
And what a lovely daughter is Beth, you must be a proud dad!

And what a mean thing to do of Alex, trying to get you addicted to that bootleg crap. lol!

Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:43 pm

Glad you like those quality figure Steve, was a pleasure talking to you last night Very Happy Glad to see you back again!

Chris, nice score on the LL Luke, he looks in great shape. Concerning the weapons. Now I'm not a Ledy expert, Ozio will definately be the man to ask here but my theory is that Ledy didn't have all the molds for the weapons by character as can be seen by Luke and Han with the Bespin blaster and Jawa with the Pilot blaster, Emperor cane, AT-ST & B-Wing pilot, Leia poncho etc. etc.. For me, they used the same mold, so for example Luke Jedi used the same saber mold for the bespin Luke hence the fate hilt (Something from the Kader factory which never produced Luke Jedi so he never had this saber apart from LL)
The same applies for the Rebel blaster, I believe they only had the one mold and used it to produce all the Rebel Blasters, Squid Head, Han Bespin, Luke Bespin, Han Trench Coat.
The mold was the thick handled blaster, all the MOC exampe I've seen of these fiures have this fat handle version, so in my opinion your blaster is not LL but Kenner.
This is my LL Luke Bespin blaster from Ozio, Notice the bubbling effect, this can often be the case with this blaster but not always:

Concerning the lightsaber, it is certainly quite interesting, how ever I always struggle to photograph these bastards correctly. The saber is the correct fat hilt version from Kader for this figure. The Kenner version of this saber is a vibrant yellow and the plastic has that 'soft' look. The Ledy version of this saber is often referred to as translucent and is much paler in colour and looks translucent-ish, it also has the 'soft' plastic look.
When I bought the unique transitional LL figure from Ozio the saber it came with was very interesting because it was different to both of these, the yellow colour was more 'flat' and the plastic had more of the 'hard' plastic look. The saber is unquestionably authentic and my thinking is hopefully unique to the transitional figure, certainly a much rarer weapon, in the pictures your's kind of looks like this, it has the 'hard' look.
Here are the three:

Left to Right - Kenner - 'Transition Hard - Lili Ledy translucent

Hope this makes some bizarre sense dude and I would like to better look at your saber What a Face

gkhan
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:26 pm

thanks very much for your response to my query Alex Smile clapping

I thought that the blaster was probably kenner, and that the likelihood of the correct Ledy blaster staying with this figure over 30+ yrs was pretty remote. But the saber I did think might be a possibility, so thanks for clarifying things a bit.

The light here is fading fast now as it is 21:15 pm, but I took a comparison pic with my other two Kenner sabers. Unfortunately they are not the same sculpt, but it may help give you an idea of colour comparison under my lighting conditions.

I also copied your sabers pic and placed mine side by side with yours as means for comparison, however I think your light conditions were a bit brighter than mine.

[600][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/600]

My saber, as you said Alex, does look like a harder sculpt compared to your translucent Ledy saber (on the right of your pic) and is not a vibrant yellow as the Kenner one in your pic (on left).
It's hard to say for certain, but I'm going to lean towards my saber being Kenner also. I will have to get hold of a kenner saber of this sculpt variant, so that I can better compare them first hand. But for now I will keep it solely displayed with my Ledy figure, just in case Smile
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by pattejan Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:30 am

welcome back Steve!

Glad to see you posting again!
pattejan
pattejan
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1242
Focus : Loose vintage SW figure variants

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:14 am

Thank you Patrick! Very Happy I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Marco Jay wrote:A true moment of joy to see you back posting here, Steve!!! cheers
And what a lovely daughter is Beth, you must be a proud dad!

And what a mean thing to do of Alex, trying to get you addicted to that bootleg crap. lol!

Thanks Marco, and yes, I am a very proud dad! Wink
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by pattejan Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:37 am

... with a little help from a friend ...

Never heard about this HK variant until last month ... and yes, maybe it's just degradation ... but I like the pale face on this LXP! Very Happy

A big thank you to Jay who helped me (again and again  cheers ) to get nice figures off ebay sellers who either only ship by the expensive global shipping program or don't ship to Germany at all!

Jay, I owe you one! Our next (well, actually it will be our first - hopefully one day) beer is on me!  What a Face

Cheers,
Patrick
pattejan
pattejan
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1242
Focus : Loose vintage SW figure variants

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:22 pm

Not much recently, but a couple of nice pieces came my way, first up a couple of LL CCP's thanks to Kenneth and a Tie Pilot, the Ti Pilot I had already but I finally got him a nice LL Blaster!

And this piece of cardboard arrived in the post as well Smile

General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:01 pm

Well yesterday was an interesting day! I have been waiting for an LL Klaatu Skiff figure to arrive from Norway for the best part of 3 weeks now and was beginning to get worried, but I stopped by my house while at work on Monday and found a slip from the postman saying I had a parcel waiting at the post office. Naturally I assumed it was the Klaatu because it was the only thing I was expecting so I was quite happy it had arrived. I was how ever a little baffled as to the reason it hadn't been put through the letter box? The ticked box said 'too large' ??? I had even seen a picture of the envelope sent from the seller? How could one figure be too large??
Anyway, I didn't think too much into it and the next morning stopped by the post office to pick it up, when the woman returned she was holding a large parcel which was clearly not the one I was expecting and was packed in U.S. mail envelopes that I have become familiar with from Jay Smile
I got a little excited and wondered what has he gone and done now! I have had several very generous gifts from Jay before Smile When I got back in the truck I started opening it and happened to notice the declaration form say 'Used Camera'
This made me instantly think back to a conversation I had a couple of weeks earlier while on the phone to Jay, we were talking about taking photo's and I said how I did mine with my phone now as my camera was always taking slightly out of focus shots. Jay mentioned that he was also thinking of a new camera and I had said that if he does, I'd buy his old one from him if he wanted. AT this point I thought he'd bought a new camera and sent me his old one which seemed a really cool thing to do Smile
Then I found the note, which as asked, I read after looking at the package and I have to say when I read it I was actually quite emotional..... not in a gay way, where I was crying and stuff, because I'm a soulless machine void of any emotion, but in a proud kind of way, proud that I know people like you guys!

So now, thanks to the best set of friends a guy could have, I now have a lovely new camera to take picture with that I am happy with, so I can finally start getting some work done for the site, believe me, I have spent hours taking photo's over the last few weeks and have just not been happy with the results and ended up deleting most of them.
When I actually finished work that day, I was greeted by a parcel...... Klaatu Smile so I took my first test shots of him which turned out fine despite the day been totally bad in terms of light!

Sooooooooooooooo...........

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to all you guys in the only way I know how cheeky

General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:07 pm

Now, stop taking pictures of your ass, and get back to the job of taking pictures for the site. gkhan indy indy lol!
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top