METAL MINIATURE FIGURES (West End Games , Archive , Heritage , Star Rovers)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

METAL MINIATURE FIGURES (West End Games , Archive , Heritage , Star Rovers) - Page 2 Empty Re: METAL MINIATURE FIGURES (West End Games , Archive , Heritage , Star Rovers)

Post by ourchickenshack on Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:That's a great new addition. cheers

The first lot look more like Rebel Fleet Troopers.  The second bunch look like AT-ST Drivers. What a Face

Yeah the Death Star / Squad Troopers weren't the best sculpts that WEG did but they look a little better painted …

[700][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/700]

I think there Rebel Fleet Troopers were a better sculpt …

[700][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/700]

I don't think any of them were supposed to be Captain Antilles but I painted the one that I thought looked closest to look like him  What a Face

I love that there were 2 women included  clapping  and , as you can hopefully see , I like to include many skin colors to add the diversity that should have been represented more in the original films  nanny

I have been working on painting all the sets but still don't have most of the sets complete loose .
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 26846
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

METAL MINIATURE FIGURES (West End Games , Archive , Heritage , Star Rovers) - Page 2 Empty Re: METAL MINIATURE FIGURES (West End Games , Archive , Heritage , Star Rovers)

Post by Commander Clint on Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:07 pm

That's awesome. They do look much better painted. But your eyes must be getting sore from working at that tiny scale.
Working with toothpicks for painting the eyes again?
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun

Yavin Honor : 23097
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack on Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:That's awesome.  They do look much better painted.  But your eyes must be getting sore from working at that tiny scale.
Working with toothpicks for painting the eyes again?

Thanks brother cheers

Yep , it's pretty tough on the eyes but I have found a couple things that help ...

[700][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/700]

The magnifying thing helps a lot - got it for about $15 shipped on Ebay . [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It has a light and lots of adjustment . I changed mine to the headband attachment rather then the glasses setup . I also took the nose bridge off so I can still wear my regular eyeglasses while using it .

I found a good paintbrush to use for the whites of the eyes and , instead of trying to paint the pupils , I use one of the metal pointy sculpting tools to do the dots for the pupils - just poke it in  What a Face

Here are the AT-ST Drivers from the Imperial troopers set after being painted …

[700][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/700]

Now I have finally finished 1 complete set  lol!

[800][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/800]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 26846
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint on Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:07 am

That's a fantastic looking magnifying contraption. I might have to pick one up.

You did a fantastic job painting the figures. clapping And literally poking their eyes out (actually adding them in). lol!
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun

Yavin Honor : 23097
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy on Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:38 pm

really brilliant job painting those figures mate, they look great, a lot better painted than raw
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 3645

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum