Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast Empty Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast

Post by Steve_Danley Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi everyone,

Following the lead from our UK podcasting compatriots at the Vintage Rebellion, I wanted to start a thread to share new episodes of the vintage collecting podcast I co-host with Skye Paine for the Star Wars Collectors Archive. For anyone unfamiliar, we started back in 2010 and just recently released Episode 71. We typically loosely frame each show around a different vintage figure, and this month was the TIE Pilot. We had fellow podcaster Grant Criddle on to talk about his focus, as well as some SWCA regulars Chris Georgoulias, Ron Salvatore, and Yehuda Kleinman to discuss a myriad of other vintage-related topics.

The newest episode can be found here: 'Chive Cast 71 - TIE Pilots, Famous Monsters and Wood Patterns

Previous episodes going back to summer 2014 can be found here: SWCA Blog: 'Chive Cast

Select "enhanced" episodes are also available on YouTube, with more being added incrementally: 'Chive Cast Channel

Lastly, the podcast's "archives" are available on a basic version of our old website here: 'Chive Cast Archives

The entire history of the show is also available on iTunes.

Thanks so much for giving a listen! rebel

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 285
Focus : B-Wing Pilot; ROTJ and general Pre-Production; Vintage film, video, & related theatrical ephemera.

http://www.cavswcc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast Empty Re: Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast

Post by Commander Clint Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Steve, Thanks for starting a Chive Cast thread. yay

I try to listen as often as I can. These podcasts are great to listen too, while I'm working.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast Empty Re: Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Another great podcast guys - well worth the listen cheers
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:10 pm

Great, thanks for sharing (:
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1559
Focus : Tie Fighter & Tie Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:25 am

Thanks for sharing Steve. I'm halfway through the 'other Steve' podcast but will start your newest one soon.

You guys do a great job. To be honest I'm surprised that more collectors don't listen to vintage podcasts.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Thanks for another great podcast. I enjoyed the listening to the discussions on the wood patterns & the re-use of the wax sculpts. It was great to hear Grant on his Tie Pilot focus & the podcast cross over. The songs were simply fantastic. clapping

Keep up the great work. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Wed May 04, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi guys,

The most recent episode is available on the SWCA blog, along with iTunes, and YouTube:
'Chive Cast 72 - If You Want Beef Then Bring the Zuckuss

This month we focus on everyone's favorite bug bounty hunter droid with identity issues...Zuckuss. Skye and the Empire State Collectors Club also tour Ronderlay (Skye's name for Ron Salvatore's collection).

Thanks as always for listening!

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Focus : B-Wing Pilot; ROTJ and general Pre-Production; Vintage film, video, & related theatrical ephemera.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Wed May 04, 2016 4:43 pm

Hi Steve,

I have already listrned to a part of  the newest Chive Cast while working from home today, and enjoyed it very much.
Interesting to know that the POTF Zuckuss coin bears a description on its back which fits much more to Dengar than Zuckuss. Another Kenner mix up around this character.

As a kid  Zuckuss and 4LOM reminded me to the insectoid Ovions which appeared in "Saga of a Star  World", the 1978 pilot movie for the Battlestar Galactica series.
Maybe Lucas was inspired by the Ovions?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Wed May 04, 2016 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed May 04, 2016 4:44 pm

Haha, I just finished the section about "Stinkoid" Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed May 04, 2016 7:18 pm

Another great spelling mistake from Canadians.  It's from the 77 backs. "Catapult". lol!

That was one of my favorite episodes yet. I enjoyed listening to the members from meeting of the Empire State Star Wars Collectors Club.

The full size Cobot was fantastic.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks again. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Wed May 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Thanks, guys!

Dr Dengar wrote:
As a kid  Zuckuss and 4LOM reminded me to the insectoid Ovions which appeared in "Saga of a Star  World", the 1978 pilot movie for the Battlestar Galactica series.
Maybe Lucas was inspired by the Ovions?

Ha, I can see the resemblance!
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue May 10, 2016 8:19 am

Just finished listening to the latest episode Steve and it was extremely entertaining!

Loved learning about Ron's collection and it was great to hear from a few of the guys from the Empire State Collectors Club. Tom, Jason and the rest really are some of the nicest and most passionate guys in our hobby.

Thanks to you and Skye for all your hard work!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:50 pm

ChristianC wrote:Just finished listening to the latest episode Steve and it was extremely entertaining!

Loved learning about Ron's collection and it was great to hear from a few of the guys from the Empire State Collectors Club. Tom, Jason and the rest really are some of the nicest and most passionate guys in our hobby.

Thanks to you and Skye for all your hard work!

Thanks so much, Christian! I was really bummed I couldn't be there for the Empire State meetup. I haven't been to New York since 2004 and really, really need to make a trip out there to see all of my collecting friends (Skye and Ron included).

We've had a couple more episodes recently released and thought I'd share those links here:

'Chive Cast 73 - The Expurgated Episode
In this episode, we speak Jonathan Robinson about his new Close Encounters of the Third Kind documentary, 'Who Are You People?' and discuss his amazing collection of vintage toys.

'Chive Cast 74 - Mailers, Kenner Baggies and Space Leatherface
In this episode, we get back on the "Figure of the Month" track with the last of our proper ESB figures with 4-LOM, and have an in-depth discussion with Bill Wills and Pete Fitzke on the topic of baggie figures and mailers.

Thanks as always for listening!  rebel

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:09 am

Steve, Thanks for letting us know the latest episodes are out. cheers

I'll have to listen to them over the next couple of days.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:47 pm

Hi everyone,

We've just released our 75th episode in which we say goodbye to the Empire Strikes Back line with a look at the Removable Limbs C-3PO and Sensorscope R2-D2 figures with focus collectors Tracey Hamilton and Elling Haug. We've also got some fun Celebration London coverage from correspondents Chris Fawcett and Chris Geourgoulias. Finally, Skye looks at some fun oddball items from the collection of Yehuda Kleinman.

The episode is streaming on the SWCA blog here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's the direct link to the YouTube-enhanced version: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or, for the quick and easy path, here's the direct link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks as always for listening!  rebel

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Thanks for the update Steve. I'll have to que it up for the afternoon.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Nice one Steve cheers I'll give it a listen tonight mate Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Guys, That was a great episode with the final ESB figures.  I listened to the episode using the enhanced YouTube version. cheers

The interviews with Elling and Tracey about their Sensorscope R2D2 and removable limbs C-3PO focus collections were great.

Yehuda’s "AT-AT-tic" collection room  must be a fantastic place to hang out.

It was funny that the Switcheroos where the unloved item this month.  I was just watching a Canadian blue backed DV swicheroo on Ebay.  I never knew they went for so much.jaw

And that Diet Pepsi holder was freaking fantastic.  I'm tempted to make one for myself.cheeky

The performances from the Kenner Vintage Commercials are fantastic.  What were they smoking, when they wrote those scripts? lol!

And I'm still shocked that "Troopie" hasn't gone viral yet. rofl

The R2-D2 wood patterns would be a fantastic find. Hopefully they show up in someones collection someday. And for the designers to only design 1/2 a leg is just shocking. Shocked
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:36 am

Troopies will never go viral....

I haven't listened to the latest episode but on the behalf of the team here I just wanted to congratulate Steve and Tessa on their wedding a few days ago! What a beautiful couple!!!!!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:21 pm

ChristianC wrote:Troopies will never go viral....

I haven't listened to the latest episode but on the behalf of the team here I just wanted to congratulate Steve and Tessa on their wedding a few days ago! What a beautiful couple!!!!!

Thanks so much, Christian! Still recovering, but it was a day I'll never forget. Very Happy
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:49 pm

Congrats Steve. clapping Hope everything went well & was a fantastic day for everyone.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:16 pm

Commander Clint wrote:Congrats Steve. clapping   Hope everything went well & was a fantastic day for everyone.

Thanks so much, Clint! Was a wonderful day I'll never forget. I also received a couple of amazing Star Wars-related wedding gifts: a West End Games B-wing proof sheet from Skye, and an incredibly tough to find Icelandic Pop-up book from my good friend Broc:

Slightly delayed here, but we recently released Episode 76 of the 'Chive Cast, which centers around Skye's trip to a collector gathering in the Washington D.C. area and features a great double interview with two Luke Jedi focus collectors, Shawn Kemple and Bob Martinazzi: 'Chive Cast 76 - Ceremonial Luke Jedi

We have two more episodes "in the can" so to speak, and Skye is in the process of editing them now. Will be sure to send a heads up when they're out. Thanks as always for listening! ewok

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:24 pm

Steve, I'm glad that your wedding day went well. cheers That pop up book is fantastic. Thanks for the podcast update.  I have to work this weekend, so it will be a great to listen too, while I'm working. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:02 am

Hi everyone,

We've recently released 'Chive Cast 77, which Skye charmingly dubbed the "Factory Overstock Episode." It features an interview with Chris Fawcett on a recent find of Early Bird figure promotion from a theater in Portland, Oregon (right near where I just got married, actually!). We also hear from the star of the recent Johnny Cash "Star Wars Figure Song" mash-up video, and Skye has a great talk with his brother and Star Wars artist Amos about vintage Boston memories and Luke Jedi.

The show is available on iTunes, and is streaming on the SWCA blog here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The enhanced YouTube version can be found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And the direct download link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks as always for listening!

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:14 am

Looking forward to it Steve.

Ashamed to say I'm two episodes behind for the first time in years....

I just finished an episode with another appearance from Yehuda. Seriously you guys need to get him on more!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top