Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast

Post by Commander Clint Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:34 pm

Thanks Steve.

Like Christian, I've fallen behind in my listening to the podcasts.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast

Post by the89thchris Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:52 am

I was beginning to wonder if any of the podcasts related to SW action figures remotely matched my world view and verbal tendencies and this one is the only one that even comes close. 10/10, wish it was more than monthly, but if it ain't broke..

Last edited by the89thchris on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:40 am

the89thchris wrote:I was beginning to wonder if any of the podcasts related to SW action figures remotely matched my would view and verbal tendencies and this one is the only one that even comes close. 10/10, wish it was more than monthly, but if it ain't broke..

I had a feeling you are a fan of the chive cast. Too many collectors named Chris. cheeky
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:49 pm

Yeah I think they mentioned a Facebook group specifically related to Chris' who collect vintage Kenner Star Wars. I wonder what's going on there.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:14 pm

Just finished the Luke Jedi episode, I'm a bit behind....

Really loved it and was great to see Skye pick the brains of Shawn and Bob, two of the nicest and most knowledgeable Luke collectors in the hobby. I'm feeling a little uninspired with my own collecting so this was definitely a nice pick me up.

Well done to Skye for somehow managing to squeeze a Gainsbourg song into the episode Smile He has great taste in music.

Was a really funny episode and found myself laughing out loud loads of time.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:26 am

Yeah I think I've listened to most of them in the last 6 months. Love it but I think that should go bi-monthly cuz at this rate it will be years before they finish potf lol if they want to extend it they could just start over because it will have been so long that the market values will be completely different and they could secure alternate focus collector interviews.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:52 am

I'd love them bi-monthly too but it must be a craaaazy amount of work just to get one podcast out a month.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:01 pm

Yeah I suppose it seems easy to me because I work in video production. If they just had a third guy who would do that post and hosting work for them locally, it would be really streamlined and they could just focus on the content. Lol I say "they" but it's likely enough that Steve will be back here reading this.

It's kinda crazy that I'm demanding more than 2 hours of vintage Star Wars podcast per month lol but I'm pretty sure I'd be into it. The modern collecting podcasts are pretty weak by comparison lol just feels like hyping up Disney product. Now one that talks about stuff from 95-2012 I could probably get into lol most of that stuff is pretty cool but it's too soon to be excited about 6 variants of "Jyn Errso".

I say that but I have been listening to Toy Run lol
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:35 pm

Mate have you tried the Vintage Rebellion Podcast? It's fantastic and runs 4-5 hours every month.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Yeah that's true lol chive cast and vintage rebellion are certainly the best 2.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:21 am

Hi guys,

Apologies for going AWOL of late. It’s been a busy few months for the both of us!

ChristianC wrote:Just finished the Luke Jedi episode, I'm a bit behind....

Really loved it and was great to see Skye pick the brains of Shawn and Bob, two of the nicest and most knowledgeable Luke collectors in the hobby. I'm feeling a little uninspired with my own collecting so this was definitely a nice pick me up.

Well done to Skye for somehow managing to squeeze a Gainsbourg song into the episode Smile He has great taste in music.

Was a really funny episode and found myself laughing out loud loads of time.

I was so bummed that I couldn’t be there for the trip to Washington D.C., but had a great time recording that episode and reacting to all of the stories and happenings. Collector get-togethers like this are truly the best things I’ve ever experienced. And you’re absolutely right, Shawn and Bob are two of the best guys out there.  

the89thchris wrote:I was beginning to wonder if any of the podcasts related to SW action figures remotely matched my world view and verbal tendencies and this one is the only one that even comes close. 10/10, wish it was more than monthly, but if it ain't broke..

In this day and age it can be really tough to subdue one’s world views, and while Skye and I are different in a lot of ways, we tend to react to things in life similarly. I guess that’s one reason we’ve been such good friends all of these years. Neither of us want it to detract too much from what the podcast is all about, and that’s vintage Star Wars. That said, I can’t promise we’ll not let our personal feelings on things come through every now and then.

the89thchris wrote:Yeah I think I've listened to most of them in the last 6 months. Love it but I think that should go bi-monthly cuz at this rate it will be years before they finish potf lol if they want to extend it they could just start over because it will have been so long that the market values will be completely different and they could secure alternate focus collector interviews.

It’s really funny you mention that, and we joke about it quite a bit – we’ll be old men by the time we get to those last damned Duloks! And several focus collectors we always thought we’d have on when we got to that figure have moved on, recorded on other podcasts, or stopped collecting altogether. At the same time, the pace of the show is something that definitely makes it more manageable for us. Hopefully when we start to get to the more obscure characters, there will still be plenty of vintage Star Wars to discuss. If nothing else, we can complain about the new films. For better or for worse, we’re in it for the long haul.  Smile

the89thchris wrote:Yeah I suppose it seems easy to me because I work in video production. If they just had a third guy who would do that post and hosting work for them locally, it would be really streamlined and they could just focus on the content. Lol I say "they" but it's likely enough that Steve will be back here reading this.

It's kinda crazy that I'm demanding more than 2 hours of vintage Star Wars podcast per month lol but I'm pretty sure I'd be into it. The modern collecting podcasts are pretty weak by comparison lol just feels like hyping up Disney product. Now one that talks about stuff from 95-2012 I could probably get into lol most of that stuff is pretty cool but it's too soon to be excited about 6 variants of "Jyn Errso".

It really is just the two of us, and it’s never been easy. I can only obliquely speak to how much work Skye puts into editing the shows. While I know it’s maddening, it’s always been clear how much it means to him. We may not be the sleekest or most robust, but hopefully the passion shows. In terms of the content, there has always been and continues to be more than we could ever tackle in one episode. We have trouble keeping up with the new content of our own website, for crying out loud!

Onto current ‘Chive Cast events… we’ve since released two episodes!

‘Chive Cast 78 – Ackbar Beez in in the Trap: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
‘Chive Cast 79 – Boushh, Bor Gullet and Bros - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And Chris, you might (sort of) be getting your wish of having more than one podcast a month – more on that should be coming soon.

Really appreciate the support for the podcast here, and I promise to do my best to not stray off too far.  rebel

Best,
Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 285
Focus : B-Wing Pilot; ROTJ and general Pre-Production; Vintage film, video, & related theatrical ephemera.

http://www.cavswcc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Thanks for the update Steve.cheers I will have to get back to my podcast listening. What a Face
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:34 am

Thanks Steve. You guys are doing a great job. I just finished the Ackbar episode and it was a cracker.

By the way I just got back to Holland and will send you those flyers in a few days. They somehow survived the flights without getting damaged.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:56 pm

ChristianC wrote:Thanks Steve. You guys are doing a great job. I  just finished the Ackbar episode and it was a cracker.

By the way I just got back to Holland and will send you those flyers in a few days. They somehow survived the flights without getting damaged.

Awesome, thanks Christian!

As I'd hinted at earlier, we've started something new, 'Chive Cast Blog Logs - these will be short episodes highlighting significant articles on the SWCA Blog with conversations with their authors. The first one on Ron Salvatore's piece on the previously unpublished unproduced Ewoks sculpts is available on iTunes and streaming on the blog itself: 'Chive Cast Blog Log Pod Episode 1 - Unknown and Unseen Ewoks (A Kick in the Kaink).

The episode is also on YouTube with images: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And the direct download link is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We'll be doing some more of these in the future, and just recorded Episode 80 (Gamorrean Guard) last night. rebel

Thanks again for the support!

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Focus : B-Wing Pilot; ROTJ and general Pre-Production; Vintage film, video, & related theatrical ephemera.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:17 pm

I'm working of a few big projects at work, but I had a chance to listen to Episode 79 & the Kaink pod. Those where awesome. Loved the interview with Sean and Ryan Lehmkuhl. They have some great stories. You definitely need to have them back on another show.

It still amazes me that something like the unproduced Ewok sculpts are still showing up after all these years.

btw. I know the Burlington, ON. Ikea store. It's only 45 mins - 1 hr from where I live. Been there a couple of times. The only thing I hate is the parking lot. It needs to be twice the size for the amount of people that go to the store. lol!
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:21 pm

Guys the tickets for the Archive Party at Orlando are up now. Hosted by Steve and Skye. I went in Anaheim and it was the highlight of the con for us. I just grabbed my wife and I tickets for the Orlando one.

Get them here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Nice, the new episode should be dropping soon. Steve made an appearance on Toy Run mentioning the ticket sales on Friday.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:42 pm

Commander Clint wrote:I'm working of a few big projects at work, but I had a chance to listen to Episode 79 & the Kaink pod.  Those where awesome.  Loved the interview with Sean and Ryan Lehmkuhl.  They have some great stories. You definitely need to have them back on another show.

It still amazes me that something like the unproduced Ewok sculpts are still showing up after all these years.
btw.  I know the Burlington, ON. Ikea store.  It's only 45 mins - 1 hr from where I live.  Been there a couple of times.  The only thing I hate is the parking lot.  It needs to be twice the size for the amount of people that go to the store. lol!

Thanks, Clint! It was fun having Sean and Ryan on and getting to know them better. I’m sure they’ll be making future appearances. Glad that you liked the Blog Log Pod on the Ewoks. While it sounds like they’ve been around for awhile and known by some in the community, having them all depicted and described in context on the blog was really great. I certainly hadn’t been aware of them before. Funny that you’re familiar with the Ikea that Skye had ventured to. I think it’s fair to say that ALL Ikea parking lots are loathed. Every one I’ve been to has been a nightmare!

ChristianC wrote:Guys the tickets for the Archive Party at Orlando are up now. Hosted by Steve and Skye. I went in Anaheim and it was the highlight of the con for us. I just grabbed my wife and I tickets for the Orlando one.

Get them here.

Thanks for the plug, Christian! I was about to post about the party and saw that you’d given the heads up. Tickets are going fast, so if anyone attending Celebration is looking for the place to be on opening night, the Archive Party is it. Tickets and all the information about the event (including images of the exclusives) are here on the SWCA Blog: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope to see (and meet!) some of you there! Very Happy

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:26 pm

Steve_Danley wrote:Thanks for the plug, Christian! I was about to post about the party and saw that you’d given the heads up. Tickets are going fast, so if anyone attending Celebration is looking for the place to be on opening night, the Archive Party is it. Tickets and all the information about the event (including images of the exclusives) are here on the SWCA Blog: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope to see (and meet!) some of you there! Very Happy

--Steve

Just bought a ticket into the event. Looking forward to meet you guys. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:02 am

That's great news! But you know you have to be 12 and under to buy the young jedi knight tickets right?

ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:18 pm

ChristianC wrote:That's great news! But you know you have to be 12 and under to buy the young jedi knight tickets right?

Funny bugger. lol! lol!
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:28 am

Just finished listening to the Ackbar episode and I thoroughly enjoyed it cheers

Skye being reunited with his two childhood Star War lunch boxes, one containing two MOC's and other had all his vintage figures in was a very cool story Very Happy

Taking about Ackbar's name meaning with all the banter was great lol!

The interview on Revenge of the Jedi proof cards and The Revenge/Return name theories was very interesting study

When you were talking about the store display's, the images that came up on my phone were awesome, some really cool artwork rockon

It was also very cool to see some images of Steve's collection cheers

I've only been collecting myself about four years as an adult but have loved Star Wars since 1978, listening to this and other podcasts you really do pick up some good info on the hobby Very Happy
Keep up the good work guys, I'm going to listen to the next one rockon
Cheers Andy afro
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:20 am

Thanks for the update Andy. I listened to it last week and had a good laugh! Great episode guys.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:54 pm

So finally listened to the Boushh episode. Excellent as usual! Here's the link if you guys don't know about it:

I really enjoyed the touching tribute to Carrie and interesting to see that you guys saw her as a mother figure. Have to admit I definitely didn't...But I agree that posting Slave Leia photos just after she passed is not a cool thing to do....

Loved the Rogue One winners and losers segment. Agreed with pretty much most of your thoughts. Good call on the Rebel Commando figure being a winner, I was thinking the same while watching. Totally down with the Freedom Fighter v Terrorist discussion in regards to the rebel fighters. We so easily set 'terrorists' up as the bad guys without giving much thought to what they are fighting for and why. I mean the rebels probably killed a lot of innocent people when they blew up the Death Star...

The Lehmkuhl Brothers' interview was one of my favourite interviews by you guys. Great hearing their stories about hunting down items in Kenner's backyard of Cincinnati. I met Sean in Anaheim and he definitely is passionate about the hobby. Importantly too, it was great to see you guys interview some fresh faces.

Thanks again Steve and Skye for a great episode!

Steve has a great new site about SW if you guys are on FB:

ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:03 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Just bought a ticket into the event.  Looking forward to meet you guys. cheers

Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you too! The initial allotment of tickets sold out in 3 days, but we were able to get a slightly increased attendance OK’d by the venue so there are still a handful of tickets left: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nico wrote:
I've only been collecting myself about four years as an adult but have loved Star Wars since 1978, listening to this and other podcasts you really do pick up some good info on the hobby Very Happy

Keep up the good work guys, I'm going to listen to the next one rockon

Cheers Andy afro

Thanks so much, Andy. My favorite thing about doing the podcast is that it essentially forces me to learn something new every episode (and collect vicariously).  Very Happy

ChristianC wrote:
I really enjoyed the touching tribute to Carrie and interesting to see that you guys saw her as a mother figure. Have to admit I definitely didn't...But I agree that posting Slave Leia photos just after she passed is not a cool thing to do....

Yeah, it was interesting that both of us saw her that way. The coincidence of the timing of the episode was difficult to grasp, for sure. My mom has always been a strong, independent, and caring figure in my life and Carrie/Leia always reminded me of her in that respect.

ChristianC wrote:
Steve has a great new site about SW if you guys are on FB:

Thanks for the plug! I’ve been meaning to post about the project in earnest in the “Something’s Odd about Oola” section but with it all still being in the works I hadn’t had the chance yet. The official site is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and while there isn’t much content there yet, I’m hoping to have it up and running in May.

Appreciate all of the great feedback here, guys. We should be putting out the next episode soon!

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top