Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast

Post by ChristianC Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:27 pm

Thanks for that Steve and we appreciate your regular updates.

Just had a listen to the Blog log Pod on my lunch break:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Loved it! I don't know much about the later Ewok figs so was a really informative listen. Skye calling one of the Ewoks a wh*re was worth it alone. As was his super-hypo coked up monologue during the intro. Hilarious.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast

Post by Steve_Danley Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:18 pm

ChristianC wrote:

Just had a listen to the Blog log Pod on my lunch break:

Loved it! I don't know much about the later Ewok figs so was a really informative listen. Skye calling one of the Ewoks a wh*re was worth it alone. As was his super-hypo coked up monologue during the intro. Hilarious.

Glad you enjoyed it, Christian! It was nice to give Ron's article a bit more attention, as it certainly deserved it. We've since recorded a second "Blog Log," though that one is more of a mini-episode and isn't specifically tied to a blog post.

But, Episode 80 has been released recently, featuring the Gamorrean Guard and a re-run of a crossover segment with the Collectors Galaxy Podcast: 'Chive Cast 80 - Crunchee Gamorrean Guard

The Enhanced YouTube Version can be viewed here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And the direct download link is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We'll hopefully have the next Blog Log up soon, and perhaps one more episode before Celebration. Hoping to see some of you guys there, and thanks as always for listening!  rebel

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 285
Focus : B-Wing Pilot; ROTJ and general Pre-Production; Vintage film, video, & related theatrical ephemera.

http://www.cavswcc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:26 am

Ahhh cool didn't realise there was a second Blog Log. Will download it now!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:04 pm

Weird, not seeing the second blog log on the itunes podcast app : /
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:08 pm

the89thchris wrote:Weird, not seeing the second blog log on the itunes podcast app : /

Sorry I realize what I'd said was a little vague. We've recorded a second "Blog Log" but that one hasn't been released yet, just the main show for Episode 80 which was focused on the Gamorrean Guard. Blog Log #2 should be out sometime soon!

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Focus : B-Wing Pilot; ROTJ and general Pre-Production; Vintage film, video, & related theatrical ephemera.

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Looking forward to it, I'm not sure there has ever been anything as funny as "a day in the life of a Gamorrean guard focus collector" in a star wars related podcast. Still breaking new ground!

You'd think we would be at a point where seeing a ridiculous licensed item wouldn't be so shocking, but this isn't just a decal on bottle of shampoo. That green pig face made of soap feels like something that would never be proposed at a pitch meeting, much less approved for production.

Great episode as usual.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:17 pm

That was a great episode.  I agree that the GG is an under rated figure.  I have a small collection of COO variants.  Go Crunchee!

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

One piece I would like to find some day, is the GG coin bank.

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

It was also great hearing from the Collectors Galaxy Podcast guys.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:04 pm

the89thchris wrote:Looking forward to it, I'm not sure there has ever been anything as funny as "a day in the life of a Gamorrean guard focus collector" in a star wars related podcast. Still breaking new ground!

You'd think we would be at a point where seeing a ridiculous licensed item wouldn't be so shocking, but this isn't just a decal on bottle of shampoo. That green pig face made of soap feels like something that would never be proposed at a pitch meeting, much less approved for production.

Great episode as usual.

I'm glad that segment paid off! I just couldn't limit it to one unloved item. And to be honest, I doubt we'll be putting a one-item limit on a lot of these ROTJ characters. There is just too much awesomely awful!

Commander Clint wrote:That was a great episode.  I agree that the GG is an under rated figure.  I have a small collection of COO variants.  Go Crunchee!

One piece I would like to find some day, is the GG coin bank.

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

Thanks, Clint! Funny you mention the bank - we'll have one of its counterparts featured as an unloved item in the next main episode. Smile

Speaking of new episodes, we've just released the 2nd "Blog Log Pod" mini-episode, which features an interview with Mark Hamill's Pop Culture Quest creator and executive producer Scott Kinney where we hear about how the show came about, some great Hamill stories, as well as a peculiar find of vintage accessories that Scott made: 'Chive Cast Blog Log Pod Episode 2 - Inside Mark Hamill's Pop Culture Quest

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks as always for listening -- hope to see some of you in Orlando soon!  rebel

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:12 pm

Steve, is that a vintage find mate ?
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Nico wrote:
Steve, is that a vintage find mate ?

Yep! Scott (the episode's guest) made the find and all of his photos are on the SWCA Blog post I linked to. Really neat stuff!

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Awesome Steve rockon I'll give the episode a listen tomorrow, I really enjoy your podcast's mate cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Great episode, Scott was on another podcast this month about it (rebel force radio maybe?) and he covered some of the same stuff about the show but it's worth a listen just for the details on that weapon find. That's pretty wild. Makes you wonder how many other lost treasures there are out there.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:33 pm

That was a fantastic episode with Scott Kinney. clapping I'm going to see if there is anything on youtube for the Mark Hamill’s Pop Culture Quest shows.
The find of vintage weapons & the paperwork must have been amazing. Shocked
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi guys, we've recently released 'Chive Cast 81, with our featured figure being the Emperor's Royal Guard. We speak with Mattias Rendahl about his run on the character as well as his recent SWCA Blog post on "Emperor Day" in Sweden:

The show is available on iTunes, streaming on the SWCA Blog with photos here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The enhanced version is available on YouTube here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And the Direct Download Link is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We'll be recording some on-the-fly material in Orlando, so if you see us let us know if you'd like to be a "Space Freak of the Week"!

Speaking of Celebration, hope to see some of you there, and if you're coming to the Archive Party on Thursday night, all the latest can be found over at the official Facebook Event Page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks as always for the support!  rebel

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Thanks for the update Steve. I will have to listen to it next week after Orlando.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with you & Skye at the Archive Party.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:07 pm

Have fun in Orlando guys!!!!!1111 Can't wait to hear the coverage on all the podcasts.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:37 pm

the89thchris wrote:Have fun in Orlando guys!!!!!1111 Can't wait to hear the coverage on all the podcasts.

Thanks, It should be a blast. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed May 03, 2017 1:48 am

Episode 81 is out for your listening pleasure.  "Imperial Guard Lance"

A great bunch of interviews with Mattias Rendahl, Dallas Ewen & Mark Sanders.

I can't remember if it was the unloved item.  But I love my Canadian Boxed ERG coin bank.

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed May 03, 2017 2:39 am

Red on a red insert! That is bold! Beautiful piece Clint.

I'm aware of the whole set of those but I've actually never seen a box before.

Looks a bit like the modern black series lol! I kid, it's substantially more cool clapping
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed May 03, 2017 8:09 am

Love it Clint! For the first time ever, I'm starting to get into some of these non-figure items.

Haven't listened to the latest episode yet but it looks like another cracker.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed May 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Thanks Chris & Christian. cheers You guys should browse the Odd section more often. cheeky
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu May 04, 2017 8:24 am

Commander Clint wrote:Thanks Chris & Christian. cheers    You guys should browse the Odd section more often. cheeky

I've spent a lot more time there this year than I did last year.

What you guys have done there is simply outstanding. No wonder it's such a popular section,
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Tue May 09, 2017 5:25 pm

Commander Clint wrote:Episode 81 is out for your listening pleasure.  "Imperial Guard Lance"

A great bunch of interviews with Mattias Rendahl, Dallas Ewen & Mark Sanders.

I can't remember if it was the unloved item.  But I love my Canadian Boxed ERG coin bank.

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

Thanks for the shoutout for the last episode, Clint! That ERG Bank is an awesome piece!

It's been a crazy few weeks with moving immediately after Celebration and am still playing a bit of catch-up.

Episode 82 - our Celebration Orlando recap - just came out and is streaming on the SWCA Blog: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Enhanced YouTube Version can be viewed here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And the direct download is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope those that made it to Orlando will enjoy remembering it, and that those that couldn't be there will enjoy a sense of what it was like. rebel

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue May 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Had today off and put the YouTube version on while doing some chores around the place. Particularly liked the interactive feel of discovering show floor prices live rofl its hard out there getting a complete Jedi Luke, I've only got one with a perfect nose and a cloak and I consider myself lucky lol

Glad to hear Skye followed through with the Gamorrean guard soap lol!

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue May 09, 2017 10:53 pm

Thanks for the update Steve. I'll try and listen to the new episode tomorrow.

Thanks to both you, Skye, and all the other people for putting on the Archive Party. clapping It was a lot of fun meeting a lot of the other collectors. I also really enjoyed the Collectors Panel: Star Wars at the Movies - Vintage theatrical Advertising and Collectible Ephemera. That was the funniest panel I've ever seen. I posted a short clip in our "Going to the Con" section.

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top