Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast

Post by ChristianC Sat May 20, 2017 2:57 pm

Loved the Celebration recap Steve! What a great experience it was, especially the Archive Party!

Hopefully more Tantive guys get to the next Celebration!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast: 'Chive Cast

Post by Steve_Danley Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi guys,

Been a busy few months for the 'Chive Cast - earlier this month we put out the third Blog Log discussing vintage model kits with Ron Salvatore and Mark Enright: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also recently released was Episode 83, which is primarily focused on a set of conversations that Skye had with collecting "folk hero" Steve Denny that features some fun stories (and staggering numbers) with some of his major vintage finds in the 80s and 90s: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We should be getting back to a more traditional format next time with a Part II for Chief Chirpa - can't believe how quickly summer is blasting by!

Thanks as always for listening!

--Steve rebel
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 285
Focus : B-Wing Pilot; ROTJ and general Pre-Production; Vintage film, video, & related theatrical ephemera.

http://www.cavswcc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:47 pm

I actually listened to the cursed episode 83 yesterday. That was a great show. It was fantastic to hear Steve Denny's stories of buying overstock from the late 80's & 90's. He had the foresight to buy & find all that amazing stuff, before everyone else.

Skye also had an interesting theory on Tops Toys figures. It will be interesting to see if the theory goes anywhere. What a Face

I also listed to the Blog Log, when it came out. The model kits are something I've never been interested in before. The interviews with Ron & Mark where fantastic. I might have to look for some local model kit versions. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26800
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:27 am

Finally listened to the Steve Denny episode. Absolutely loved it! Was fantastic to learn more about Steve and his contribution to the hobby. In a way I saw it as a well-deserved sequel to the Kenner Collector interview with him.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Yeah that was really awesome. I didn’t know that there were no A-Wing Pilots or Boba Fetts on Canadian Droids cards though, they are certainly listed on the back. I’ve got 3 Canadian droids MOCs now, was kinda lame to hear that those two don’t exist, however that will make the set substantially cheaper lol
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Hi guys,

So glad to hear you've been enjoying those episodes. The Denny interview was something I was so bummed not to be able to witness first hand, but I'm so glad that Skye had the opportunity to spend some time with him.

We've been a bit topsy-turvy over the past few months with a combination of some serious technical issues and travel, but wanted to share a couple of more recent shows. We were lucky to finally have David Mandel on for the 4th Blog Log Pod to discuss his collecting and some major historical hobby moments that happened to be caught on camera at Celebration II in 2002 during the production of unaired episodes of his hilarious video game review show: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And we've just recently put out our very first Halloween Special which features a talk on vintage Ben Cooper costumes with Todd Chamberlain, and "spooky finds" stories from Ron Salvatore, Ross Cuddie, and the Lehmkuhl brothers. There's a poll and contest involved as well! If you vote on your favorite story, you'll have a chance to win a boxed ESB Chewbacca costume from Skye's Chuseum, or a Yoda costume from Todd's Toy Chamber.  stormie

Here's a link to the show: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The poll will close on October 31st and can be found here with all the details: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks again for all the support here on Tantive!

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Focus : B-Wing Pilot; ROTJ and general Pre-Production; Vintage film, video, & related theatrical ephemera.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Oh my god, that was a fantastic episode. All the stories were great.
If I had a FB account, my vote would be for C: “Dead, Dead Cincinnati Fred” by Ryan Lehmkuhl. It was simply unexpected to hear the reason not to lick your fingers. affraid

Thanks to all the guests. Ron, Todd, Ross, Sean & Ryan. Well done. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:11 pm

Commander Clint wrote:Oh my god, that was a fantastic episode.  All the stories were great.
If I had a FB account, my vote would be for C: “Dead, Dead Cincinnati Fred” by Ryan Lehmkuhl.  It was simply unexpected to hear the reason not to lick your fingers. affraid

Thanks to all the guests. Ron, Todd, Ross, Sean & Ryan.  Well done. clapping

Thanks, Clint! I'll be sure your vote is counted. Smile

The poll will be closing at 11:38am PST, so if anyone else has yet to vote, now is the time! Happy Halloween!

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Thanks Steve cheers Hopefully you are getting lots of votes cast.

I forgot to mention. Like Ross, I use Kijiji a lot. It's a free classified site, but it's owned and operated by eBay international.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:49 pm

Commander Clint wrote:Thanks Steve cheers   Hopefully you are getting lots of votes cast.

I forgot to mention.  Like Ross, I use Kijiji a lot.  It's a free classified site, but it's owned and operated by eBay international.

Good news Clint...you won the Chewbacca costume! Skye did a live video drawing on our Facebook page and your name was picked out of the pumpkin!

Will have to get the two of you in touch. Congrats! cheers

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:54 pm

Steve_Danley wrote:Good news Clint...you won the Chewbacca costume! Skye did a live video drawing on our Facebook page and your name was picked out of the pumpkin!

Will have to get the two of you in touch. Congrats! cheers

--Steve

That's fantastic. yay I thru out the answer, just for fun. Thanks for entering my name into the draw. I'll send you a pm.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:39 pm

clapping Nice one! That episode really made me look into those costumes a little deeper. Fun ponchos are pretty good too lol
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:50 pm

I was able to watch the draw video, with out a FB accout. You could almost see Skye, about to say "who the fuck is Clint". lol!
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:31 am

That's awesome Clint! Congratulations mate!

ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Thanks Chris & Christian. That's what happens when you enter (kind of) these type of draws. Anything can happen. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:31 am

Hey Steve watched the previous podcast. Absolutely loved the spooky Halloween stories!

I actually have seen someone dress up in a Hitler costume for Halloween. Ashamed to say it was my uncle.... This was back in the very early 1980s though and I can't imagine it being socially acceptable these days. Not even sure if it was back then either. My uncle was a legend of a man but he sure did love to provoke people, obviously...

Keep up the great work with the podcast.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:14 pm

ChristianC wrote:Hey Steve watched the previous podcast. Absolutely loved the spooky Halloween stories!

I actually have seen someone dress up in a Hitler costume for Halloween. Ashamed to say it was my uncle.... This was back in the very early 1980s though and I can't imagine it being socially acceptable these days. Not even sure if it was back then either. My uncle was a legend of a man but he sure did love to provoke people, obviously...

Keep up the great work with the podcast.

Oh man, that's crazy! I guess it lends credence to the news clipping. Glad that the stories were enjoyed...hopefully it'll be the start of a yearly tradition. Smile

We've recently put out the next episode, which was recorded some time back under trying technical circumstances but still hopefully has the same spirit of our regular shows: 'Chive Cast 86 - Haunted Jenky Klaatu Episode

Klaatu is the Figure of the Month and we have a "Space Freak of the Week" interview with our new contributor Anthony Spinnickie, who has been doing a fantastic job running our Instagram account (which can be found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks as always for listening, guys!

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:33 pm

Steve, I just finished listening to it. That was a great show. Even with the technical issues.
I found it very interesting that they had already named Klaatu - Wooof, early on, in the production process. And could be found on lots of paper work, catalogs, shipping boxes, etc..... It's nice to see you have an Instagram developer of your own. Anthony is doing a great job.

Thanks for the update and keep up the great work.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Klaatu figure of the month sounds cool look foreward  to giving it a listen over the weekend Steve cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:06 pm

Hi everyone,

Had meant to share this before getting swept up in the holidays but figured better late than never.  rebel

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Skye and I riff about The Last Jedi in the form of our now traditional "Vintage Winners & Losers" episode. The conceit: “Which vintage Star Wars characters and collectibles were made more or less relevant, interesting and valuable by their representation in the second part of the Postquel Trilogy?"

There are 13 categories which happened to pair up pretty nicely. The Number 8 loser will anger you! The Number 7 winner will move you! The Number 11 winner will bore you! The Number 2 loser will mystify you! And the Number 1 winner will shock you to the very core and leave you more surprised than the movie itself. Join us as we "Force Skype" like Rey and Kylo about The Last Jedi on the 87th Vintage Pod.

The show is available on iTunes, our YouTube Channel, direct download, and streaming on the SWCA Blog here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To be honest (and as I mention in the podcast), I've been trying to stay away from the online discourse about the film for the most part, but I do lay out my thoughts in a review on the "At the Movies" website (if you are curious): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Happy New Year to all,
Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:09 pm

Thanks for the update Steve. I'll download it and give it a listen tomorrow at work. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:07 pm

Nice one Steve cheers I'll give it a listen over the weekend mate Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Steve, I see there is a new podcast out. I'm just getting caught up on the last couple episodes.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_Danley Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:47 pm

Commander Clint wrote:Steve, I see there is a new podcast out.  I'm just getting caught up on the last couple episodes.

Hi Clint - yep, we're back on track with our traditional "Figure of the Month" format with Rebel Commando. Smile

I mention it briefly in the episode, but life has been kind of turned upside down the last few months. My wife was hospitalized for over 10 days in January, which was a terrifying and draining experience, but thankfully she's doing much, much better. We're both hoping to return back to work soon, and slowly but surely life is getting back to normal. Recording the podcast was a great feeling, and we had a really fun conversation with a trio of Rebel Commando focus collectors (Chris Botkins, Stephen Ward and Chris Leddy).

The episode is up on the SWCA Blog here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with links to the Direct Download and YouTube versions in the post. It's also on iTunes as usual.

We also had a Blog Log episode tracing the history of big auctions in the hobby's history, which turned out to be a great look back at some crazy happenings in the market: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope everyone here on Tantive is doing well, and glad to be back. rebel

--Steve
Steve_Danley
Steve_Danley
Alderaan Ashigaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:54 pm

Steve, very sorry to hear about your wife mate, glad she is now doing much better, I love the figure of the month part of the podcast  Very Happy , I'll give the latest episode a listen tomorrow cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top