Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 7 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by Ian_C Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Nice. Oshweken is even closer! Smile

Jeff's a great guy. I've known him as long as I have been collecting as an adult - 20 years. Smile

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 7 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:42 pm

olisuds wrote:OK it works from my phone too. Sorry these were the only photos I had on my iphone at the time :-)

I just tried on the Samsung phone again and it is the same as before. It says "Failed to open selected file" regardless of which picture I choose. I have tried every pic I have on my phone with the same result. Still don't see how to even put one on when in Mobile version but only in classic version. It is the same whether I use the step under the post or above. Might be the type of phone I guess. I don't know much about cell phones, does IPhone use android like the Samsung says it is an android.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:49 pm

trappedtexan wrote:I just tried on the Samsung phone again and it is the same as before.  It says "Failed to open selected file" regardless of which picture I choose.  I have tried every pic I have on my phone with the same result.  Still don't see how to even put one on when in Mobile version but only in classic version.  It is the same whether I use the step under the post or above.  Might be the type of phone I guess.  I don't know much about cell phones, does IPhone use android like the Samsung says it is an android.  

Bryan, Hopefully one of the smart phone users can help you out. I don't know why it isn't working for you?
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Clint, I am just letting you guys know as I don't really access on my phone much unless I have no choice. I mainly use the ipad and it works on there so that is a mobile device but also apple like the IPhone so not sure if it is just because it is a Samsung or what. Just something for you guys to look at regarding other members access and ease, not so much mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:44 pm

Bryan, no worries. I know it was tested early on, with different types of smart phones from everywhere. Not just iPhone's. Hopefully, it's a just glitch. Embarassed
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Test: Samsung Galaxy, Andoid 4.4.2.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:56 pm

Bryan: After you select a file, do you then press the SUBMIT button before pressing POST?
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:04 pm

olisuds wrote:
Re the forums / subforums. So you have to click on the subforum Vintage Star Wars Chat to find the subforum for limelight and Other vintage items. Seems really odd. I really don't think there are that many subforums that necessitate having to hide some or make them less visible. Personally I think it makes it a little hard to locate things. .

The different sections have been reorganized a bit now.
How does this work for you guys?
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by olisuds Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:06 pm

I think it looks much better Marco! :-)

Good to see you over here Maikel!
olisuds
olisuds
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 88
Focus : Pre production

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:18 pm

Using the phone here is what I do.

First change from mobile to classic as I don't even see an option for phot in mobile.
using the attach file thing under the post I hit the browse
I then select a photo on the device
the things then automatically says "failed to open selected file" regardless of which pic I try as I have tried all of them. if I hit submit there is nothing to be submitted.

Trying it using the host image it says the same thing
I hit the little button that brings up the host image box. I hit choose file and select a picture
It gives me the same message of "failed to open selected file" regardless of the pic I choose.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaikelCediel Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:26 pm

olisuds wrote:

Good to see you over here Maikel!

thanks Oli and its Awesome to see good friends here back on Tantive X1
cheers guys and thanks for the pleased welcome : )
MaikelCediel
MaikelCediel
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 200
Focus : Uzay and pre produtions

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:22 am

Figured it out on the phone. Apparently I have to first move the pics from a gallery to a file on the phone. Odd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:27 am

Bryan: Great that picture uploading from your phone works now for you. cheers

Maikel: great to have you on board of this ship my friend! Very Happy
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:44 am

Maikel welcome my fellow Den Haager! Great to have you here!

I didn't post this on TIG so you guys might not have seen it. This is the kind of guy Maikel is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 7 Empty Test

Post by GaryB Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Having a really tough time figuring out how to attach a pic using my phone (in classic).

GaryB
GaryB
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 107
Focus : ESB pre-production

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryB Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Ok that worked. Seems you can't just submit a photo alone. Have to attach it and add some text to get it to go through.
GaryB
GaryB
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 107
Focus : ESB pre-production

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:41 pm

Yep exactly mate. Glad you worked it out.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:49 pm

Something happened, now on my iPad it is showing the mobile version and there is no place I can see to choose classic again. This forces me to stay in mobile. Any suggestions? The other day there was a way to switch back and forth, but now that is gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:56 pm

yep I have the same issue with my phone Bryan, I think the mechanics are tinkering under the hood at the moment r2

chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Can they switch it back? In mobile version I can't see notifications, pm, who is on, nothing but the threads. I would like to be able to switch back to classic so I can use the forum. Just to get to see what you wrote I had to go thru all 12 pages one at a time. At least the chat banner is gone though, so one positive.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:25 pm

This seems to work,
Switching between classic and mobile is possible by going to the menu folder of your phone ( for Samsung this is the bottom left button), and scroll down till the bottom. There you can select desktop version.
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:36 pm

According to the Mechanics they did not make any changes which could affect the Mobile's version functionality. Maybe it is due to changes in the underlying platform?  scratch
Anyway they have put it on their To Do list, to dig a bit deeper into this topic and trying to find a solution.

The good news:
The annoying issue that new members were not able to post external links for the first 7 days after signing up should have been solved, according to the Mechanics.  cheers
But it would be good to test this by a few of our newest members.   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:43 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
The good news:
The annoying issue that new members were not able to post external links for the first 7 days after signing up should have been solved, according to the Mechanics.  cheers
But it would be good to test this by our newest members.   @GaryB @"Bonsai_Tree_Ent"

I circumvented that easily by simply pasting a link and removing the "http://www." part from the beginning.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:46 pm

Good thinking, Ian.

I hope your work around is not needed anymore though.

Marco
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:06 pm

I've been on lates this week so could not post much feedback as we are supposed to be doing Embarassed
I've noticed I have 99 notifications from threads I've posted on, and I have not posted on many as yet lol!
Do we really need so many(I believe Olisuds posted something similar scratch )
If someone chooses to follow a specific thread then fair enough but otherwise would one notification from each thread you are a part of that has been added to not be enough ?
Can I delete all 99 notifications in one go or do I have to do it one at a time ?
The notifications is something I could live with if that's the general feeling but just something I thought I would mention What a Face
I know a lot of the Mods here and are all Top Blokes, it's great to hook up with them again cheers
Cheers Andy afro
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top