Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 9 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by ChristianC Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:16 am

Dr Dengar wrote:Good spot, Bryan! Thanks. Very Happy

Go to PROFILE >>> PREFERENCES Tab

There is a button "Associate your Facebook Account". By clicking on it your TXI account will be automatically coupled to your FB account.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After coupling, you can either log in via your TXI account or your FB account.

It worked for me, also for others?

Nice work and thanks Bryan for picking that up!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 9 Empty Re: Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI

Post by Commander Clint Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:59 pm

CanadianSWGallery wrote:Greetings folks and many thanks for the invite Clint! The site looks really good.

The first thing that sprung to mind when I received the invite to join was the disparity between the traditional forum and Facebook membership. The only suggestion I would have (and it's more of a question), but is there a way that we could bridge the established Facebook groups with this traditional-type forum such as Facebook feeds (via a Wordpress widget (Tint)?) that could scroll topics in a window on the vintage discussion page so that we could see the discussion going on in the 12-back Facebook group for example? It sounds kind of pie-in-the sky, but it would be great to find a way to bridge the two mediums and bring collector discussion together in a central area such as this.  

welcome Scott, and thanks for joining us. This sounds like an interesting idea, & I'll pass this along to the mechanics and see if it's possible.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:44 pm

I don't know if you guys noticed this or not.  When you use the attachment feature to attach pictures, there is a limited amount of file space.  It is very big but if you add lots of attachments over time the space will fill up and I assume you will have to delete photos from older posts to make them work.  Here is a screen capture to show you where they are stored in the profile section.

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:50 pm

Thank You again Bryan cheers

Yes , we actually did notice and the team has been discussing potential ways to try and get around this issue . We will update everyone when we come up with a solution - we certainly don't want our members to be forced to delete their images due to lack of storage space Sad
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:56 pm

Not to mention randomly deleting older photos would take away from the thread. Might delete some pic that needs to be there to make sense of the thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:07 pm

trappedtexan wrote:Not to mention randomly deleting older photos would take away from the thread.  Might delete some pic that needs to be there to make sense of the thread.

Yep , that's the biggest concern we have - hopefully a solution will come soon Smile
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:12 pm

CanadianSWGallery wrote:Greetings folks and many thanks for the invite Clint! The site looks really good.

The first thing that sprung to mind when I received the invite to join was the disparity between the traditional forum and Facebook membership. The only suggestion I would have (and it's more of a question), but is there a way that we could bridge the established Facebook groups with this traditional-type forum such as Facebook feeds (via a Wordpress widget (Tint)?) that could scroll topics in a window on the vintage discussion page so that we could see the discussion going on in the 12-back Facebook group for example? It sounds kind of pie-in-the sky, but it would be great to find a way to bridge the two mediums and bring collector discussion together in a central area such as this.  

Scott's here! Awesome! Welcome man!

I like this idea in theory, with one reservation. There are hundreds of SW groups on FB. How do you decide which ones get the feed on here without leaving someone feeling left out? And then, how to update that feed without dozens of posts flying by per minute?

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamhand1 Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:45 am

Will there be any sub catagorys for Ledy, Poch, Glasslite etc? How do i jump to page 6 of this thread without pressing next 6 times?
Thanks
Tom
Hamhand1
Hamhand1
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieFortuna Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:08 pm

Hi guys, thanks again for the invite, its looking great around here, really nice work.

I havnt read through this whole thread, sorry if its already been mentioned but would it be possible to have a 'quick reply' section at the bottom of the page so we dont have to click on another page to reply or am i doing it wrong?

cheers
AussieFortuna
AussieFortuna
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 85
Focus : Kenner and Bootlegs

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryB Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:24 pm

Hamhand1 wrote:Will there be any sub catagorys for Ledy, Poch, Glasslite etc? How do i jump to page 6 of this thread without pressing next 6 times?
Thanks
Tom

I had this question also, but I believe it was only when using the mobile version, because you can jump from page to page in the classic version.
GaryB
GaryB
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 107
Focus : ESB pre-production

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Hamhand1 wrote:Will there be any sub catagorys for Ledy, Poch, Glasslite etc? How do i jump to page 6 of this thread without pressing next 6 times?
Thanks
Tom

welcome Tom.  We are going to have sub categories for LL, PBP, etc....  Probably in the vintage chat section.  We just need to start some threads.

The problem of jumping to pg ?, is just when your in mobile view.  If you go to classic view, you should be able to see the page numbers at the bottom of the screen.

edit. I see Gary beat me to the answer. cheers

AussieFortuna wrote:Hi guys, thanks again for the invite, its looking great around here, really nice work.

I havnt read through this whole thread, sorry if its already been mentioned but would it be possible to have a 'quick reply' section at the bottom of the page so we dont have to click on another page to reply or am i doing it wrong?

cheers

We did have the quick reply at the bottom of the page, but when the guys were on their phones, they would accidently hit the wrong button.  So we decided to turn that feature off.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxs-Toys Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:37 pm

The site looks awesome, just signed up. not got time to look around properly now as got a school run. will there be a section for none vintage bits?
Daxs-Toys
Daxs-Toys
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:48 pm

Daxs-Toys wrote:The site looks awesome, just signed up. not got time to look around properly now as got a school run. will there be a section for none vintage bits?

welcome Daxs-Toys. We are a vintage site, but we do have an off topic section to discuss any of the modern bits. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxs-Toys Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:51 pm

thank you commander clint, not had chance to look around properly yet
Daxs-Toys
Daxs-Toys
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by General Kahn Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:16 pm

Welcome aboard Dax Very Happy
General Kahn
General Kahn
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 3066
Focus : Luke Bespin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxs-Toys Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:36 pm

It looks a awesome forum, i think im gonna get lost in all the info and trying to navigate around.lol
Daxs-Toys
Daxs-Toys
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Just to help keep everyone updated on the Free Raffle entries , we have went through and started some lists to help keep track and to update our members on what they need to do to make sure they are eligible .  None of our "Mod Team" will be included in the raffle so we would really love to get as many members possible eligible and entered - who wouldn't want a chance to win a Free Ledy Burgandy Cape Squidhead  Wink

The following list of members have met both requirements for the free raffle and are officially in the contest  clapping  cheers  clapping

trappedtexan
olisuds
Ian_C
emperorburns
Nico
Akial
GaryB
Daxs-Toys

These Members have posted in "The Forum Feedback / Suggestions Thread" but still need a few posts to reach the 10 post requirement (The number of posts needed at the time this was posted is shown in parenthesis ) :

richard_h (3)
hellhippie (1)
Tank1252 ( 8 )
AussieFortuna (5)
Starwizz (2)
chiquetaba (6)
CanadianSWGallery (5)
Hamhand1 (9)

The following members have met or surpassed the 10 post requirement for the free raffle , but they still needs to make at least 1 Post in "The Forum Feedback / Suggestions Thread" stick

PAT-AT
arohk

Good luck to everyone rockon

We will post this list and update it regularly here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:32 pm

Sweet, I am in.  Wondered if all the stuff counted or if it was an "after the site is live thing".

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:38 pm

trappedtexan wrote:Sweet, I am in.  Wondered if all the stuff counted or if it was an "after the site is live thing".

Nope - Just 3 requirements :

You Must be a Registered Member here .

With at least 10 posts anywhere on the TXI forum

& at least 1 suggestion in this thread on how we can improve the site cheers

Anyone who can meet these requirements before Jan 31 , 2016 will be included in the Free Raffle (regardless of how long they have been here) cheers

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:04 pm

Sweet!

With 8 of qualifying so far, that's slightly better than a 1 in 3 chance to win a prize. Decent odds. I can only say one thing.

Those of you needing more posts to qualify, leave the board for the next 6 weeks, those who need to post a suggestion to qualify, stay away from that sub-forum, and to everyone else, follow either of the first two scenarios already mentioned. lol!

Seriously, a very generous first prize for sure, as are the 2nd and 3rd prizes. Best of luck to everyone who qualifies before the end of next month!

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Your opinion matters, please let us know what you think about TXI - Page 9 Empty are we all in? Are we really all in?

Post by orange_yoda Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:51 pm

Hi Guys. Im in, defently im in! Its Achim here. The corious guy from germany. Happy to be here.
Ill never was a big fan of forums, and it was maybe cause to me it looks always to sterile. Its a unpersonally atmosphere in some way isnt it?

Probally thats why i get more exited on facebook. Its not that i would prefer this, but its more personally in some case,... maybe its just about me, i like the direkt links, the more and easier way to share pictures... and thats it maybe... the easy way of sharing... (if I'm honest, ill never have understand the best way of sharing in forums?)
Of course im a very visual guy, at least cause i dont speak the whole language well.... so pictures say 1000words for me Very Happy

Defently what a forum needs is not a Facebook atmosphere, but pictures... more pictures beside the data, data, data of bla bla`? Someone get what i mean? What i feel? Maybe my force for forums awake here and i will be proud to be a part of the community...so i wish the hole team here a good start and many years of sharing the hobby togheter...

Cheers Achim - the orange-yoda... (spoiler of) stick
orange_yoda
orange_yoda
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 75
Focus : Loose Variants and Trilogos Moc.

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:20 pm

I'm a very visual pictures kind of guy too Achim cyclops

so ...

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Is there any way to get rid of this giant chatbox?  I clicked on the chat bar one day just to test it and ever since everytime I log in this giant box is on the screen.  If I scroll over the top bar on the upper left side is the move it option and a resize option, but there is nothing to get rid of it, no X option.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:53 pm

Just click on the chat bar in the upper right corner again. The big box should disappear automatically.

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Awesome.  Thanks Clint. yay  Gotta take back all that stuff I said about you.  lol!

That stinking thing has been bothering me for a couple of days.  Not bright enough to click on something, Thinking it would log me in to chat again and I wanted to not do that. st00pid

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top