The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 17 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by the89thchris Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:23 pm

Yeah, I can see why you might have been tempted to edit the Palitoy segment. There is one guy in the audience who thought the hardcopies were alternate sculpts because he kept saying they were much more "realistic" than the more "cartoon" production toys. He didn't understand that the generation loss by the time you get to the painted final product just softens the details up that much. To be fair, I would have been similarly confused if not for like two specific 'Chive Cast episodes. rofl

Great episode, as always. I'm glad Jez enjoyed the boxed vehicles & playsets thread, a lot of beautiful items manifested there. popcorn
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 17 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by richard_h Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:01 pm

50/50 whether I was going to go or not but it was a great experience and glad I did.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 17 Empty The Vintage Rebellion Christmas Special!

Post by starwars_runner Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:53 am

The Fifth Holiday Special from The Vintage Rebellion sees the lads gather round a table with a Snowball to discuss 2018 and 2019 with regards to the hobby, events, collecting and the podcast.

Stuart is joined by Edd Grant to reflect on Star Wars Forum UKs 2018 and then alongside Richard they are joined by UK Facebook admins Mark Baker, Mark Daniels and Jason Smith to reflect once again on 2018 from a Facebook point of view.

In amongst all the chit chat is this years end quiz as the TVR Eggheads Team (Jez, Richard, Pete, Steve and Simon), take on a team of challengers from the community (Andrew Norton, Marc Hockley, Jason Smith, Scott Cato and Rob Marsh), can the Eggheads be beaten? Listen in to find out.
We wish everyone a huge Merry Christmas from everyone at The Vintage Rebellion Podcast!

Enjoy the show!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
TXI UPLOADS
The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 17 Attachment
xmasfb.jpg
starwars_runner
starwars_runner
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 68
Focus : Han Solo & Hoth Rebel Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:09 pm

Cheers Steve, looking foreward to giving it a listen mate cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Thanks for the update Steve. I'm looking forward to it. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:50 pm

Had quite a drive to do today so that was a welcome surprise! Great episode so far. bowwing popcorn
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Steve, I love listening to to podcast each month on my google home speaker  Very Happy
I think you have fitted in with the team really well  cheers
MCM comic con in London you came away with a Han Solo tatoo(on leg), when do we get to see it mate ?
Keep up the great work, love what you guys do for the hobby  bowwing
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:50 pm

The final episode of the year from the Vintage Rebellion lands with a shorter than usual show (although still longer than most others).

Stuart and Richard are joined by Brit Paul Davis A.K.A. Roundster, for this months main interview where they discuss a whole host of topics including several various focuses Paul has had on his collecting journey.

Richard looks at three stories from the hobby on Rebel Briefings, starting with Diecast and finishing with Vectis with a Battles issue sandwiched inbetween.

The NA is shorter this month but still takes a look at Comb and Keepers, Spanish Man bags, Gumball Machines and bargain loose figures before finishing off with the main topic, with the help of Vintage Alliance member Ron Salvatore, they look at The Ewok Battle Wagon.
Continuing on as always on 'Beyond the Newest Acquisitions' Pete looks at all things non toy related to The Ewok Wagon and other wagons belonging to the hairy bears.

We also take a fond look at the Christmas Farthest From event which was the prefect end to the Star Wars year and Stuart let's fly at two members of the community and a poor Facebook group.

All this plus many other treats on this months TVR.

Enjoy the show!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:41 pm

Nice one Rich, I'm off until the 2nd Jan so plenty of time to give it a listen cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:28 pm

We rushed this out so bound to be a mistake or two in there somewhere.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:42 pm

At the pace you’ve been cranking these out, it would be a miracle if there were no oversights. Thanks so much to you and the guys for a year of fine content, Rich!

Now I’ve got something to listen to on the drive to my parents place for Christmas. popcorn
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:49 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. I'm finally back at work this morning and have a chance to listen to the episode. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:13 pm

The first show of 2019 arrives with all four of the crew present, delivering a packed show.

Darren Mcaleese joins Stuart and Richard for the main interview this month, the larger than life character discusses a host of topics from events and the community to Trilogo Madines and modern with some wonderful tales in between.

During Rebel Briefings we look at a host of topics and items that the team have been tagged in over the last few months but sadly couldn't have fitted into earlier shows before we discuss the Bib Fortuna blog on SWCA and Toploading bubble protectors.

Newest Acquisitions is full of guests as Evan Hoyt Wasserstrom chats about his Huffy Speeder Bike, Andrew Norton drops by to tell us about his ROTJ T-Shirt he found at a toy fair and Steve Savory tells us how he has completed a MOC run in which the final piece he has been looking for for 3 years! Alongside this we look at a 12 back with 32 back sticker, a graded Luke X-Wing Pilot MOC, Canadian Colour and Shapes on Cassette, whilst looking at Carl Dennis's top work on Yavin. As well as all this the team finish with a look at the Rancor monster, Richard proves what a mad man he is as he states it's the worst of all the creatures and the Vintage Alliance drop by to blow us away with more information on the caged beast than we could have hoped for.

Pete continues the Rancor loving by going further into other lines, in particular a Vintage Bootleg Soft Vinyl Model Kit is the pick of the bunch.

On top of all this we have the usual quizzes, a Celebration update, as well as discussing bubbles that get damaged in transit and where the liability lies.

All this plus much more on The Vintage Rebellion.

Enjoy the show!!!

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:19 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. I'm going to down load it now.

I have to appologize for not getting my last review written up. I had jotted down some notes, but failed to get them typed up.
It was a fantastic episode. Keep up the great work. clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:21 am

Looking forward to this one Rich. Darren is deadset one of the funniest and nicest blokes in the hobby!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:12 am

Episode 57 sees Star Wars Tracker developer Jared Cope join Stuart & Pete to discuss his collecting, coins, Australia and of course Tracker.

Rebel Briefings this month sees the team delve into the jaw dropping Prop Store Toy Auction as they look at some of the items that are available as well as being in awe of the information that is included in the auction catalogue. Richard leads the team through some other topics too as they look at R5-D4 Pre-Production, the Podcast stage at Celebration and Chicago and offer their thoughts on the new 'Retro Line' from Hasbro.

During Newest Acquisitions the team are joined by Mark Daniels to discuss his latest pick up, a Mint in Box Laser Rifle with red insert and also speak of the purple insert version. As well as this they look at the Pendulum Press Kit again and appreciate the work that Jason Langendorfer is doing to present the audio of this item, they look at Ron Cobb Color Vision book where Pete's loving for the man gets uncomfortable and we look at an amazing Lili Ledy haul picked up by Oscar Galaz, Jez shout outs many other awesome and inspiring purchases before the team settle down for the main topic of the month, the A-Wing, where Ron Salvatore from the Vintage Rebellion Alliance drops by to help the team out with the facts.

Pete continues the A-Wing loving during 'Beyond the Newest Acquisitions' where we look at what the A-Wing appeared on, Comic covers, MPC Kits, VHS tapes, he's got it covered before bringing us the Tracker top five of A-Wing items.

As well as all this we have the usual delights, we have a Celebration update, the usual quizzes and we hear just what the team had as children and what happened to those toys that inspired their collections today.

Enjoy the show!!!

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:40 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. cheers

The last episode was great.  I had the pleasure of meeting Darren in Orlando.  I also meant to comment on the figures with the backing trays.  I have quite a few Canadian ROTJ MOC's with the trays.  Teebo, Logra, Prune Face, Madine, Nein Nunb, Emperor, GG, 8D8, Klaatu Skiff, & Rancor Keeper. It seems to be mostly ROTJ figures.

There was a post back in Nov.  about the US version of the Color & Shapes in the Odd section.

And don't forget about "the89thchris" post about his latest pick up of the extremely hard to find Canadian Rancor monster. What a Face
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Good call on those backing trays, I also meant to point out that I've had two Canadian ESB Dengars that have backing trays, but I can't think of any other ESB figures that have them. scratch
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:48 pm

Was Jez hinting at doing an interview with me, at the end of the NA????

"Tan-ikan" lol! lol! lol!
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:47 pm

My orange headed friend has talked about doing a tantive roundup of NA items for a few shows.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:59 pm

richard_h wrote:My orange headed friend has talked about doing a tantive roundup of NA items for a few shows.  

lol! lol! lol!
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:10 pm

The Vintage Rebellion guys always come up with some great Celebration swag,
this badge is just awesome  clapping
[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:13 pm

Nico wrote:
The Vintage Rebellion guys always come up with some great Celebration swag,
this badge is just awesome  clapping
[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

Andy, Have you seen the other 4 badge/button/pins that they have? They all look fantastic.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:53 pm

I have mate they are all great rockon

This one stands out for me, can't think why What a Face
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:29 am

Yep, they done good. popcorn
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top