The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 16 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by the89thchris Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:36 pm

Yep. The nice thing about TVR podcast is that you can safely expect there will be no "hot takes" on the Star Wars: Resistance trailer. rofl

Only wholesome vintage collecting related interviews & topics. rockon
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 16 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by richard_h Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Episode 52 lands a little later than usual but we're delighted to be able to confirm that even though overseas, Jez has managed to join us and record the entire show!!! So hopefully the show will be worth the wait.

Stuart and Richard are joined by Jason Langendorfer for this months interview, Jason discusses his collecting habits with the boys in depth including telling us about his recent visit to Redwood Forest whilst discussing his photography of the toys we all love, from the photos he snapped back in the 1980s through to the recent snaps he continues to take.

During Rebel Briefings, Richard delves into a current hot topic as we discuss when deals go sour, from the selling of suspect baggie mailers through to figures being sold for suspect scammers, the boys delve in and offer honest opinions on the recent debacle. The team also look at a host of other topics during Rebel Briefings which include the recent Vectis auction and Palitoy Landfill dream amongst many others.

He may be serving overseas but Jez still manages to bring his usual Newest Acquisitions section where he looks at items including Blue Snaggletooth through to Australian Pizza Hutt glasses, whilst also being joined by Andrew Carrick, Scott Bacon and Clint Garniss to discuss their recent purchases. The team take time to look at Hammerhead in more depth this month, with Ron Salvatore from the Vintage Rebellion Alliance stopping by to offer his expertise on the figure.

Following on from the Hammerhead discussion, Pete takes a look at the other oddball items associated with Hammerhead during 'Beyond the Newest Acquisitions'. The Frito Lay sticker from Puerto Rico is a truly stunning piece.

All this plus much more on this months Vintage Rebellion Podcast.

Enjoy the Show!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:20 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. I'm looking forward to downloading it and listening to it, tomorrow morning at work. clapping

Keep up the great work. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Nice one Rich, I'll be on that this week mate cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:28 am

Looks good Rich. I'm finally up to date with the podcast again. Got a long haul flight coming up this week and will be giving this a listen!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:41 pm

Had a long drive last night and got through about half of it. Nice to hear Clint on there again, we’re taking over. bananarock
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:39 pm

the89thchris wrote:Had a long drive last night and got through about half of it. Nice to hear Clint on there again, we’re taking over. bananarock

Stuart asked for a last minute segment, that I recorded late one night and I couldn't think straight while recording it. Razz
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:20 pm

Clint is becoming our 5th beetle.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:22 pm

richard_h wrote:Clint is becoming our 5th beetle.

I thought that was Simon.  That would make me Yoko. nanny

Thanks again for a great podcast & having me on the show again. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:24 am

My wife was calling Clint 'Yoko' in Orlando.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Clint would only be Yoko if Rich was the only one who wanted his segments in the show. rofl

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:37 pm

The Vintage Rebellion's 53rd episode lands with some disappointing news with regards to a member of the team. However, the other four crack on and smash out another show just in time before October ends.

David Phillips joins Stuart and Richard from New Zealand to discuss his work with WETA, his love of droids and a huge find in the wild amongst many other topics.

Rebel Briefings is packed to the hilt as Richard chats with Chris Fawcett about two fascinating topics, he is then joined by Robin Bocra to discuss the new Jordan Hembrough show where he visits and interviews Star Wars fans and collectors.

Newest Acquisitions is packed as always as the team look at an assortment of recent pick ups from Presto Magix Kits through to separation color sheets for Boba Fett MOC. The boys finish with a look at the Dagobah playset with help from The Vintage Rebellion Alliance.

Pete continues delving into Dagobah items as he takes a look at the oddball items associated with the swamp planet during Beyond the Newest Acquisitions.

As an added extra this month, Steve Savory serves up an Echo Live Special as he records with traders and guests from the recent show including Echo base founder Adam Pemberton.

All this plus an awful lot more on this months Vintage Rebellion.

Enjoy the Show!!!!!!

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:14 pm

Thanks for the update Richard. I'm already looking forward to tomorrow morning. Sitting with a nice cup of coffee, and listening while starting my work day. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:43 pm

Been listening to it while I carved my entry-level pumpkin. rofl
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:02 pm

Finished listening to the episode this morning, for the second time thru. cheers

I'll try and get a quick review up this weekend.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:45 pm

awesome hope to have the next one out in a few days with the Palitoy talk in
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Episode 53 Review

The show starts off with a bit of sad news.  Simon has started a new business adventure and decided to leave the show, due to time constraints.  It seems like yesterday that it was announced he was joining the show.
Simon, we here at the TantiveXI forum wish you all the best in starting up your new business and thanks for your time on the podcast.

I don't remember who it was that was talking about Pete playing with himself 24/7.  It started the show of with a good laugh.

Stuart mentions that he is struggling with Star Wars collecting at the moment.  I can relate with him.  Work, life, physical health, collecting friends, and seeing all the issues on line, can certainly have an effect on your mental health.

Pete is in charge of this months quiz.  I really loved that it was about character species and home planets.  Well done Pete, and well done to Stuart for winning it.

The first interview is with Chris Faucet and he talks about one of the very earliest scams.  Back in the UseNet days.  It was a user called Ren Hoek (it was definitely a Ren & Stimpy Show reference).  He was very cleaver in the product description and the advantage of no pictures added.  It ended up being early 90's Galoob Micro Machines and Bendums being described, and not vintage Kenner products.

The second interview is with Robin Bocra and her involvement with "Our Star Wars Stories".  These are personal stories about how Star Wars and affected and influence the story tellers lives.

Rich then brings us another story about an expensive item being promised, paid for, and then not being delivered.  This time it's an Power Droid Engineering Pilot figure.  Hopefully we have some updates soon?

The third interview guest is David Phillips.  David is in movie production composition and has worked on some fantastic movies.  He is currently living in New Zealand.   It sounds like he has a lot of great stories.  David seems to do a good job of giving honest information and evaluations when picking up collections.  I just have one word.  "Karma"

The boys have Chris Georgoulias on to talk about the Dagobah Play Set.  I did know about the designer sneaking in his daughters name, onto the play set sculpt.  But I didn't know about him trying to sneak a self portrait onto the play set as well.  Of course, the self portrait didn't make it thru to the final production play set.

Here are some great custom figures that would have made that play set, a lot more fun.

[200][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/200]

I will definitely have to look up the "Women's Day" magazine Dagobah play set design.  It's apparently similar to the Hoth version.

I've never heard of the Blue Snaggletooth's sticky fingers.  I've had a few pass thru my hands over the years, and never noticed.  I'll have to check mine.

I have to thank The Vintage Rebellion Podcast's new social media guru, Steve Savoury.  Keep up the great work, you're doing a fantastic job.

While listening to the out takes, I have to agree with Jez.  There was a lot of inuendoes thru out the show.  It made for good listening though.   lol!

Thanks again guys for another great episode. clapping

Last edited by Commander Clint on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:42 pm

Thanks for breaking this one down, Clint! I also particularly enjoyed the David Phillips interview.

Rich, can’t wait for the next one! popcorn
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:49 pm

That's brilliant Clint I love those customs!
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:05 pm

richard_h wrote:That's brilliant Clint I love those customs!

You'll have to thank Alex Magraw (General Kahn) for them. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:21 am

Commander Clint wrote:
richard_h wrote:That's brilliant Clint I love those customs!

You'll have to thank Alex Magraw (General Kahn) for them. cheers

Fuck that bloke!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:14 pm

Vintage Rebellion return with a slightly different format than normal. This month there is no focus interview after Richard and Pete were able to attend the Palitoy presentation in Coalville with former employees of the toy company. In place of the interview we hear the presentation in its entirety instead.

Although no interview we show does have a familiar feel to it outside of that change with Richard discussing the unearthing of some old photos in the 99p Woolworths baggie scandal, as well as catching up with friend of the show, Stephane Faucourt to discuss his latest upcoming book.

Jez returns with his usual NA section where the team talk Posters, displays, Sigma, Cinema tickets and Koolee Cups before rounding the month off with a look at the Imperial Dignitary figure, do you love him or hate him? The boys have differing opinions and none more so than Vintage Alliance member, Ron Salvatore, as Ron gives us his take of the greatest last 17 figure.

Pete continues the Imperial Dignitary loving during 'Beyond the Newest Acquisitions', as he looks at the alternate collectibles for the would be Imperial Dignitary focus collectors before delivering his tracker top five.

As well as all this the boys discuss bleaching of figures, Jez lets himself down by having a meltdown during another quiz, and more general Star Wars chit chat.

Enjoy the Show!!!

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:32 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. I'm listening to it as we speak.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:43 pm

I'm working my way through this episode, really enjoyed the Palitoy interview cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Like Andy said. Really enjoyed the Palitoy interview. Thanks again for the TXI shout out in the NA section.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top