The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 7 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by the89thchris Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:26 pm

Lol Tyrone strikes again! This one as making the rounds when the Rogue One trailer came out:

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 7 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by richard_h Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:53 pm

Once you watch one of those filmumentaries you will watch them all. They are so well put together.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:16 am

Episode 32 review

The show starts with a beautiful tribute to Carrie Fisher.  I loved the personal stories & memories that all the podcaster's tell about Carrie.

Here is our own little tribute.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was great listening to Brian Rachfal about his search for Rocket Firing Fett's.

Stefan Callaer's has started a very nice thread detailing vintage Top Toys over on TIG.

It was fantastic to finally hear Javi aka Javier Ruilopez talk about his book - PBP/Poch : Made in Spain Comprehensive Catalog
We haven't had an update from Javi in a while, so I hope he is feeling better now the book is done.  Hopefully he is also still going to Orlando for C8.  It would be nice to sit down and have a beer with him.

It's fantastic to hear that Jez is bringing the Running Stormtrooper out of retirement for a good cause. Lets all help him out, and get him up to his collecting goal. cheers

I love when you have Ron Salvatore on the show.  He has some of the most interesting stories on just about everything "vintage star wars".

Congrats to Grant Criddle, Mark Daniels and Craig Spivey on getting the British stationary company "Maped Helix" in creating some new stationary with a vintage flair.

Jared Cope has created a fantastic piece of software & web site.  It also allows you to print labels for loose figure stands.  Also if you want to know more about Jared, check out one of Christian's interviews.

Last edited by Commander Clint on Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:59 am; edited 3 times in total
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:43 am

Episode 33 review

The show kicks of with a new term that I know will make the rounds on social media - "Hutchinson'd". clapping lol!
Sorry Richard, the boys seem to pick on you too often.
For those that don't know Richard, they can read more in one of Christian's interviews

Like I already said.  The interview with Jamie Benning & his Filmumentraries is awesome.
I've located the page with his filmumentaries, and have watched most of them.  They are really fantastic, and recommend them to everyone.  There is a lot of fantastic behind the scenes & interviews, that run along with the actual films.

I also want to thank the Rebellion Podcast again for the huge shout out to our Forum & Something Odd about Oola section, and to James (ourchickenshack) and all his hard work on the entire "gimcrack" section. yay

Both your interviews with Amy Sjoberg & Scott Haddow about their Ewok focus collections were awesome.
For those that haven't seen Christian's interview with Amy, it's a fantastic read.

Thanks for the update on "baggiegate".  Hopefully you can continue to keep us updated periodically.

Your chat with Jamie Brown, the GW Acrylic UK Dealer, was great to listen too.  It sounds like they are getting a nice range of cases that vintage collectors may want.

Thanks again guys for another great podcast.  Keep up the great work. yay

Last edited by Commander Clint on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:28 am

Thanks for the updates Clint and for sharing the blog interviews.

I still need to listen to Ep 33. I loved Ep 32 though. I know I've already mentioned it but the interview with Ron was hands his best ever.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:17 pm

Hey Guys, thanks for the reviews and feedback.
Apologies for my lack of contribution to TXI. I just want you guys to know how much i appreciate this amazing pool of information, hence my rather big plug last show.
Once again i find myself trawling your forum as i'm prepping for 34 which will be recording this week. Keep up the great work fellas, and we'll keep plugging.
Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 403
Focus : Vintage collecting with a Luke X Wing side focus

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:23 am

Jez wrote:Hey Guys, thanks for the reviews and feedback.
Apologies for my lack of contribution to TXI. I just want you guys to know how much i appreciate this amazing pool of information, hence my rather big plug last show.
Once again i find myself trawling your forum as i'm prepping for 34 which will be recording this week. Keep up the great work fellas, and we'll keep plugging.

We are glad to help, and thanks again for plugging the forum. Between Christian plugging stuff on FB & you guys on the last podcast, we had a nice spike in new members signing up. yay

If there is anything I can help with, just ask. rockon
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:28 am

Will do. Cheers Clint.
Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Nice to hear there was a spike in membership. Can't wait for the new show! bananarock
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:42 pm

Recording Wednesday and hopefully we'll squeeze another one about before Orlando.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:00 pm

Awesome. clapping I'm really looking forward to meeting up with you guys in Orlando. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:24 pm

Wow guys thank you for your massive shoutout to Tantive XI! We are really lucky to have you blokes onboard.

Great to see the oddball section getting some well-deserved praise. It definitely is one of the highlights of our forum. Well done James, Clint and the others who make such an effort to maintain it.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Are you guys ready for Episode 34 'Brian's Angels'??
The Vintage Rebellion welcome stand out collector Brian Angel to the Podcast to discuss his collecting habits, we discuss Facebook, Engineering Pilots and his R5-D4 focus amongst many other topics.
Rich discusses display and shipping ideas with Iain Sanderson and Johnpaul Ragusa.
Whilst I host, possibly the most crazy NA ever with a random Tuna Fish advert and a discussion on Yak Face's Muff!  We discuss our favourite TIE Fighter from the range and highlight an absolute steal at an estate sale.
On Beyond The Toys, Grant welcomes artist Chris Moore where they discuss Star Wars Wallpaper. The Star Wars wallpaper you may have had as a kid, the very same wallpaper designed by Chris Moore!
This months market is short and sweet as Pete looks at the 2016 Kenner 12a market prices and the tracker top 5 'Ties' things up nicely.
All this plus the other usual gibbering with Stu at the helm from start to finish.
Enjoy the show!!!

All episodes available on Podbean (34 available now)

All episodes available on iTunes (34 will be up asap)
Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:16 am

Jez wrote:All episodes available on Podbean (34 available now)

All episodes available on iTunes (34 will be up asap)

Thanks Jez. I'm looking forward to starting this episode first thing in the morning, with my morning coffee. It sounds like a heck of an episode. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:15 am

My gad it's massive
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:21 am

Just downloaded it!

Love that you guys are getting Brian on, who is honestly one of the brightest lights of our hobby. Great guy.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Just finished listening to it. clapping

Next toy show I'm at, I'll see if I can find a MLP for Pete. rofl
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:51 pm

That discussion of re-seals was priceless. clapping

Too many highlights, especially knowing that Clint is gonna make a review loaded up with links again. (Which is also now a staple of the Vintage Rebellion feedback section) bowwing
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:54 pm

Just started listening to the latest one Very Happy The quiz was very entertaining as always cheers and the discussion on transporting MOC's was very interesting popcorn
Looking foreward to listening to the rest rockon
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart Skinner Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:14 pm

Just been reading through all the pages on here, thank you all so much for such wonderful feedback. And of course thank you to those who have come on the show in the past. Can't wait to have more of you on in the future. Great forum, aim to use this far more than I have and become a daily user. great layout, really fresh.
Stuart Skinner
Stuart Skinner
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 267

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks Stuart.cheers   I'm planning to post my review of the last show soon.  Still debating whether to tease Pete about the MLP & Barbie collecting. lol! cheeky
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:10 pm

Stuart Skinner wrote:Just been reading through all the pages on here, thank you all so much for such wonderful feedback.  And of course thank you to those who have come on the show in the past.  Can't wait to have more of you on in the future.  Great forum, aim to use this far more than I have and become a daily user.  great layout, really fresh.

Hey Stuart! We know it's all not easy to keep up with the various FB groups, forums and dealing with your own podcast so great to see you posting a bit here!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:53 am

Episode 35: Tales from Jabba's Palace was released on Monday and it's like Christmas, the hosts and several of our members are off to Space Mecca so we got an episode early.

The re-seal comedy hour continues, a clip of all of those parts put together would be hilarious.  lol!

If you're into POTF MOCs (and there is something wrong with you if you're not... right?) this episode is a must listen. Plenty of details on Australian and other licence exclusive cards in that line.

Glad to hear that Jez, the "Running Stormtrooper" has about 3 or 4 treadmill prospects for his Celebration booth at this point. Orlando Police and the 501st seem to have some common members.

The breakdown of some popular Facebook groups (specifically the "Jabba's Palace" family of groups) was most informative. I'm still avoiding those like the plague and according to the info on SW Tracker, I've saved a lot buying locally.

If that wasn't enough, there's French mustard glasses and reoccurring Salacious Crumb squawks from a talking plush. (I simply must have one of those)

Do yourselves a favour and download the episode. I don't always learn something new in each segment but it is funny without fail, every single time! popcorn

Thanks to the VR for another tour de force & enjoy Celebration!
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:09 pm

Nice breakdown Chris. I've just downloaded the episode.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:21 pm

Thx for the review Chris. It was a little rushed that one, but we were on a tight deadline. Delighted to announce that Jez raised $5100 in Orlando and made the Guiness WR by 48 seconds in the London Marathon. The soft git has gone to bed as his feet are sore but he's got the 40 miler in two weeks.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top