The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond Empty The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by richard_h Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Mods move this to wherever you think is best.

Episode 20 is now out and there's lots of vintage chat in it with some great guests.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Happy New Year from The Vintage Rebellion Podcast.

We start 2016 with an almighty bang as we have long term British collector and Helix fanatic Craig Spivey joined the Rebellion for this months interview, Craig discusses The Force Awakens British Premier and After Show Party that he was lucky enough to attend, along with digging into his collection as we discuss a bit of everything including his part of the Millennium Falcon that he owns.

Thomas Garvey joins Richard on Rebel Briefings to discuss a recent article which he published on the SWCA and Stuart speaks with Matt Fox (Bonsai tree ent) on his collection being displayed in the 'May the Toys be With You' exhibition.

Pete looks at two huge recent auctions during the market section as he delves into the Nigo auction held at Sothebys as well as the recent Vectis auction.

Jez brings us his Newest Acquisitions where he looks at items from the forums and facebook. All this plus Force Awakens discussion, Rapid Fire and general jabbering's sees the Vintage Rebellion doing what it does best. ENJOY!!
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:34 pm

Thanks Richard for posting this up. clapping I hopefully will be able to listen to it tomorrow.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by Commander Clint Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:04 pm

I just finished listening to the latest podcast. Well done guys. clapping

I enjoyed all the interview with Tom, Matt & Craig.

I'm a bit of an odd ball collector myself, so it was nice to hear all the chat about the Helix stationary. cheers

Some of the guys might enjoy our very own odd section, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:13 pm

Hey guys, if there is anything you think i should mention in the New Acquisition section please let me know.
We are all up for giving this forum a plug Very Happy
Thanks for the great support.
Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 403
Focus : Vintage collecting with a Luke X Wing side focus

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:38 pm

Hey Jez, That's going to be tough to single out any of the great new acquisitions. Everyone has such different collecting habbits. MOC's, MISB, loose, baggies, odd stuff. It's all fantastic. yay
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:44 pm

We'll just have to make a 5 hr podcast next time lol!

I love looking at everyones stuff and choosing different items to discuss. I'll be keeping a close eye on that thread.
I must say, i love the Oola thread as well, what a gold mine of information. I'll definitely be referencing that. clapping
Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:26 pm

Great job yet again! I miss Jez, Grant and Peter.  Had some unforgetable laughs with them and I look forward to having a pint with you too Rich and Stuart when the time comes  beer

Listening right now and just got to the part about the SS Jez banghead2  roflrofl
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 200
Focus : Loose, boxed, carded, Kenner, Non Kenner. Oh ya and die cast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart Skinner Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:59 pm

Paul Armory wrote:Great job yet again! I miss Jez, Grant and Peter.  Had some unforgetable laughs with them and I look forward to having a pint with you too Rich and Stuart when the time comes  beer

Listening right now and just got to the part about the SS Jez banghead2  roflrofl

Paul I'd love to buy you a beer, the lads spoke very highly of you when they returned from Anaheim.

Are you coming over to Celebration this summer?????
Stuart Skinner
Stuart Skinner
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 267

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:57 pm

No they didn't! They said he was a total tit. At least I think that's what they said.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Armory Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:32 am

Stuart Skinner wrote:
Paul I'd love to buy you a beer, the lads spoke very highly of you when they returned from Anaheim.

Are you coming over to Celebration this summer?????
 Hell Yes I'm coming What a Face I need a proper education on the correct beer to drink in Britain! beer    After CE3 I plan to continue my holiday traveling the UK on a road trip rockon  and staying with the UK collectors drinking all their booze and getting drunk as a lord chug

richard_hNo they didn't!  They said he was a total tit.  At least I think that's what they said.

C'mon Rich! Don't go spoiling it too soon thefinger
Paul Armory
Paul Armory
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 200
Focus : Loose, boxed, carded, Kenner, Non Kenner. Oh ya and die cast

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:32 pm

lol!

Our new episode will be recorded Monday as we get our act together for another show. We have a special treat for Tantive as we have not one, not two but three of the XI or XII on to discuss the purpose of TXI (see it sticks). More details will follow.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:49 pm

I wasn't able to attend, but I'm certainly looking forward to hearing it Richard. Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:51 pm

Awesome. cheers

I'm looking forward to hearing the next episode. popcorn
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:17 pm

Really enjoyed the last episode guys and I'm looking forward to the next one cheers cheers
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Thanks for having some of our team on the podcast guys! Sorry I missed it. I was punching out zeds in Sydney while you were recording.

Not sure if other noticed but it was great of Jez to give a few of us a shout-out in the New Acquisitions section - Clint and Marco scored a mention as did myself and the Luke Focus group on FB. Good stuff Jez and thanks!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:31 pm

You're welcome. Busy editing the next episode. TXI gets one or 2 mentions again, oh plus a great admin interview!
Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:16 pm

Episode 21 has been released with shout outs to TXI in the New Acquisitions section but even more importantly some of the brains behind TXI have their very own interview!
Enjoy the show guys, we enjoyed making it and we hope that there will be more TVR & TXI collaborations in the future!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:26 pm

I enjoyed listening to it Jez.
I also hope that there will be more TVR & TXI collaborations in the future! Very Happy

Last edited by cantina_patron on Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:36 pm

I will have to listen to it soon. Thanks again for having us on for an interview. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:08 pm

That was great listening!

Thank you Jez, Richard and the rest of the TVR Podcast team for giving us a great and fun opportunity to promote the TXI forum! Very Happy

Looking forward to more cooperation between TXI and TVR Podcast in the future!

Cheers
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:08 pm

Good stuff guys cheers
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:30 pm

Haven't listened to all of it yet, but I like what I have heard. About 45 minutes in so far. Great to hear Chris, Clint, and Marco voices.

Funny how when you hear someone's voice then read what they write you imagine them saying it in that voice. For those who have never heard mine, I am about as hick sounding as you can be. Grew up very southern cowboy style. Just listen to some old western movies and you can get an idea of the way I talk. I try to type a bit different than I talk and leave out the y'all, gonna, ain't etc. other country words that I use in my everyday conversations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:07 pm

I just finished listening to the episode.  Another great show and very entertaining as always. clapping

We have an explanation of the mould family's is almost finished.  So you will soon know what a "Small Head Han Family I" means.popcorn  

Thanks again for having us on for an interview.  Maybe next time, I'll have a pint or 4, and be a little more relaxed. What a Face
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:30 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been away on a trip for a few days so have been quiet, but back now to check for updates.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:14 pm

I really enjoy these podcasts and it was great hearing the interview with the Tantive guys clapping
Marco sounds like Johan Cruyff cheers
Clint sounds like a cool laid back Canadian cheers
And I was hoping our mate Chris was going to say
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Great interview guys clapping
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next