The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 3 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by chris.75 Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Great stuff Richard, I look forward to hearing Christians interview on this month's episode Smile

hell I'm still stoked that I got a mention on the last episode, glad you guys liked the Vader bath towel so much. It was actually a gift from a very generous friend of mine Very Happy bowwing  

like the other guys have already mentioned, thanks Richard and Jez for your very kind support of our fledgling forum  cheers  clapping clapping
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 3 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by Commander Clint Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:50 pm

lol! I just finished the rapid fire section.  Christian, you need to learn the names of the Ewoks. rofl

I think you need to re-think your answer about who you most resemble.  Just need a beard trim & comb the hair the other way. rofl  rofl  nanny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:15 pm

being stuck with the whole Fonzie lookalike thing I shouldn't laugh ........ but thats friggin hilarious Clint lol! rofl rofl
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:00 am

Christian, How do you feel about a cosplay costume for CE3, when you meet up Richard, Stu, Grant, Jez and the rest of the crew? cheeky
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:58 am

Another fantastic podcast guys clapping

Of course I particularly enjoyed your interview Christian cheers

The part where you referred to your wife as a cross between Leia and Chewy seriously cracked me up lol!

The Bobby Bobses ...

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

I'm glad you guys live a long way away so your wife doesn't come kick my ass for that one  What a Face

BTW - I agree with Clint that you bare a striking resemblance to Madine Wink
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks again for another great podcast. It had wax sculpts, books, SW video chat and an interview with "Bobby Fett and the Great Pit of Carnoose"

You should add that great banner you have over on SWFUK. That was a fantastic bit of art work. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:48 am

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnn you guys have nailed it! I do look like bloody General Madine. Christ I'm getting old....

James I showed my wife your Chewie photoshop job and she couldn't stop laughing!!!!!!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Tue May 17, 2016 5:14 pm

Hi guys, delighted to introduce episode 24 with the awesome [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as our main guest this month.

On this month's Vintage Rebellion Podcast it's UK meets US as Chivecast host Stephen Danley joins the Rebellion to talk Focus Collecting, Chivecast and his Collection of Capacitance amongst many other things, whilst Grant welcomes Cathy Kendrick to the show on this months oddballs to discuss Star Wars Trading Cards.
On this months Newest Acquisitions Jez discusses item's purchased by the community over the last month including ESB 18 back Meccano Boba Fett, ATL Interceptor and an exciting discovery surrounding a 15" Darth Vader.  As well as many other items, Marco Jay joins the NA to chat about his Lily Ledy Boxed Snow Speeder that he's recently acquired.
As well as all this Pete picks through the highlights of the recent Vectis Auction and Rich chats Mailer Mysteries, 12 inches and Fett rockets in Rebel Briefings.
All this plus much more on the Vintage Rebellion, enjoy the show!!!

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Tue May 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Thank you Vintage Rebellion Podcast for yet another great Episode! Very Happy

And on a personal note, also thanks for letting me chat a bit about the Lili Ledy ''Snow Falcon''.
I really enjoyed it with you guys. Very Happy

Cheers
Marco
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed May 18, 2016 9:14 am

Just started listening to this. Seriously loving it already.

Really looking forward to seeing the podcast tables turned on Mr Danley and of course will be cool to see how one of very own goes Smile

ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed May 18, 2016 9:55 pm

I haven't listened to most of the edited podcast as my gf was in hospital for a few days after a horse riding accident so I'm going to enjoy listening to this mostly fresh. I was slightly dubious about including interviews in NA (not that I doubted Marco would be brilliant) but wondered about length, format, breaking up format etc.... Have to say it was awesome having him on, his knowledge ripped our notes apart and it was bloody brilliant. It's something we're going to do a bit more of in future. If anyone has a new item, and they're available for a 10 minute chat about it please tag one of us.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu May 26, 2016 1:02 am

Guys, Another great show. clapping

First, Well done Jez.  For completing the marathon in 5 hrs 00 min 26 sec.  And raising £5,000 for "Make a Wish Foundation". bowwing   From the pictures that I've seen, the crowds seemed to love the running Stormtrooper.  Will you dress up for another marathon?

Richard, I'm a trading card collector myself.  So if you ever have any questions.  Just let me know.

I was jotting down a few notes, but can't for the life of me, remember why everyone was jumping on the band wagon of "Team Jez" lol!

The interview with Steve "P vs. B" Danley was great.  I love hearing the cross over shows. clapping

It was also funny hearing everyone giggle, every time someone mentioned "Jabba's Goons" lol!

Grant's interview with Cathy about all the different trading cards, was my highlight of the show.  I've used her web site for years, not so much lately. I used to browse the "community" section, looking for cards.  I can confirm that the Canadian O-Pee-Chee card packs came with stickers.  They however are identical to the Topps stickers.  The Canadian SW OPC set #3 (orange), also has an actual error card.
I did learn something from the interview.  I never knew that the uncut sheets of cards were a mail away promotion.  That is a fantastic bit of information. clapping

Keep up the great work, and I'm looking forward to the next podcast. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jez Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:25 pm

We've done it again!!!!

I urge you to give us a go, our podcast generally last between 4-5 hours but we only do one a month so you have plenty of time to listen to them.
We have been going for 2 years and are things appear to be going from strength to strength. We’ll all be at Celebration Europe, we are doing a live cooperation recording with Gus (representing the Chive Cast), and both Grant and i are involved with additional panels, Grant is on the collecting Track.
Our latest podcast is episode 25. We were originally called the SWFUK podcast, episodes 1-13 were all produced as the SWFUK, however after our live podcast stage and fan table at Anaheim last year we listened to the feedback and changed our name to reassure people that you didn’t need to be a Brit to listen and we were completely independent of all forums/facebook groups etc. Episode 14- the present are in the new format. All podcasts are still available.

We pride ourselves on packed shows where the majority of voices you hear are from our guests, and boy do we have a lot of them. I also almost always include items from the TXI Artoo projector thread.

This is what waits you in Episode 25

A month out from Celebration Europe and the Vintage Rebellion boys hit you with their longest podcast to date!

The show is packed with guests from start to finish and there truly is something for every collector in this months show. Marc Hockley is the guest interview this month as he discusses his collecting history, life size figures, 12 inch figures and his love of trade catalogues, along with many other items and stories along the way.
Continuing along the 12 inch discussion, 12 inch king pin Lee Bullock joins Grant Criddle for this months Oddballs whilst Pete Davis chats with both Mete Akin regarding Uzays and gets an update from Star Wars tracker main man Jared Cope.
On this months Rebel Briefings the Rebellion are joined by THREE guests! Stephane Faucourt joins Richard to discuss his latest Meccano book, Craig Spivey joins the team again to chat about his collection going on view for the public and Simon Graham chats with grant regarding the amazing Biker Scout helmet designs which will be on show at Celebration Europe. Talking of Celebration, the team announce giveaways, panels and the booth that we will all be involved in at the event.
And as if that wasn't enough guests Oliver Sudweeks joins me in the New Acquisitions to speak about his stunning Pink Poncho Leia carded sample and gives us some informative background on the item. Also on this months NA the team discuss AT-ST Walker's, Jawas, Diecast, Acamas masks amongst many other items.
Not only our longest show but probably our most action packed show too! Enjoy!

Thank you TXI, sorry about the ramble

Jez
Jez
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 403
Focus : Vintage collecting with a Luke X Wing side focus

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:41 pm

Jez, thanks for the update. cheers Sounds like a great show, and I'll start listening to it tomorrow morning, when I start work.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:32 pm

That was another fantastic show guys. Thanks for bringing back Lee Bullock, to explain the plastic discolouration & leaching of the ABS & PVC plastics. It was great to here Mete Akin & the Uzays, but was shocked to hear that he and his family were in a car accident while in Turkey. I hope that they are doing well & recovering.
It was great to here Oli talking about the carded pink poncho Leia, and all the other great guests you had on.

Have a great time in London at CE3, and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the postcards & fanzine. Oh, keep an eye open for some of the TXI team that will be there.

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:51 am

Halfway through the last podcast. Great so far. Your swag sounds ridiculously good.

I'll do my best to make it to your live podcast session.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:57 pm

Thanks guys......... what we've revealed so far is here....

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:21 pm

Richard, very cool swag mate clapping Great stuff cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:11 am

richard_h wrote:Thanks guys.........  what we've revealed so far is here....

That's a fantastic amount of swag. Well done guys. yay
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:17 pm

Great meeting the podcast team at CE3!

Can't believe Grant, Stuart and Pete all won a Tantive droid at the same time!

ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:22 pm

Lunatics....

Didn't get a photo with Rich unfortunately.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:27 pm

That's fantastic. I hope they enjoy the droids.

Looks like "The Vintage Rebellion" table was a lot of fun. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:25 pm

The boys put out another podcast, just before leaving for CE3.  It was great to listen to Oli and his pink poncho Leia & his other pre-production pieces.cheers

I'll be looking forward to seeing if you all can get a plush Ewok, before the end of the year. lol!

After listening to Tom Berges, I had to check out his web site "I grew Up Star Wars".  That is a fantastic web page. clapping

Pete's interviews with the toy shop owners was fantastic.  We didn't have anything like that close to where I grew up.  I would love to see some pictures, if they are available.

Your interviews with your CE3 swag artists was fantastic.  They did an awesome job on the art work. clapping

And good luck to Richard, in his search for a 12" LL Tusken Raider. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:15 pm

Thanks Clint,

Was great to meet up with Bobby, Chris, Alex and many other forum guys. I've just had another operation on the dreaded ankle yesterday and I'm slowly pulling round. Been a manic few weeks.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:43 pm

richard_h wrote:I've just had another operation on the dreaded ankle yesterday and I'm slowly pulling round.

I hope the recovery goes well & it's a speedy one. rockon
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top