The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 4 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by Nico Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:18 pm

I picked up a copy of the Podcast Guys Fanzine and was very impressed and really enjoyed it  clapping Awesome stuff gents  cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 4 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by richard_h Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:00 pm

The Vintage Rebellion return after their extended break with their longest podcast to date, beating the previous longest by a staggering 26 minutes, good luck to those who listen to this in one sitting!

Joining the team this month for an interview is a well known name in the collecting community, Mattias Rendahl, Mattias talks about his books, preproduction and growing up in Sweden with Star Wars amongst many other things.

Also this month, David Moss of Toy Polloi returns to the show to discuss the restoration of Vintage Star Wars. David discusses restoring toys fit for the bin, sometimes using techniques seen by some as controversial to hardcore collectors. This months Oddball section hopes to trigger some interesting conversations and highlight some of David's incredible restorations.

An extended rebel briefings sees much discussed from the charming message in a falcon story, fake wollworth baggies, Palitoy 30 back fetts, Meccano Fett world record sale as well as many other stories being discussed in the community. We also hear some interviews from Celebration from various collectors who attended the event.

Mattheiu Barthelemy join the team during the Newest Acquisitions segment to discuss his recent purchase of a Meccano Landspeeder, whilst the boys also look at other stand out buys within the collecting community.

We have a Celebration break down, rapid fire and the usual song, as the Rebellion return to what they do best. ENJOY!!!
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:50 pm

Thanks for the update Richard. I'll have to listen to it on this coming week. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:12 pm

I'll look foreward to giving that a listen cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:25 am

Guys, that was another great podcast. clapping

I did get a chuckle out of you guys calling Grant the "G-Unit".  That's better than calling him the "G-Spot". lol!

Jez.  The "Grave Yard of Giants" by Malcolm Tween is a beautiful piece.  It must look nice hanging on your wall at home!

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

Pete's Space Slug Puppet sounded so interesting, I had to see for myself what it looked like.  I can just imagine all the kids ( and Pete), running around with it on their hand.

Grant, congrats on your 2 Canadian TFP MOC's.  They will look great in your TPF focus.

Richard, what where you thinking?  Huey Dewey and Louie. lol!

Thanks for the heads-up on the "Woolies Baggies".  Taped not heat sealed.  Single tape vs. Double taped bags, sounds like either is good?  The stickers on the bags to be "off white" not "bright white".  These are all great things to look for. cheers

That was a beautiful tribute to  Kenny Baker.  It was in line with our very own thread.  https://www.tantivexi.com/t1865-rip-kenny-baker

I loved the Dave Polloi interview.  It was very interesting hearing how he fixes the beater ships & figures with parts from other toy lines and give them new life.  Like he said, most of the stuff in his collection would have probably ended up in a dumpster.

As a customizer, I did know about the 2 different neck post styles.  Because I most often split the torso in half for painting, I quite often use a small screw in place of a neck post as well.  That way the head still articulates.

There was a massive amount of other intertiews, so I would like to thank everyone. Well done. clapping

Thanks again for the great podcast and I'm looking forward to the next one. rockon
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:07 am

I'm still playing catch-up with the podcast. Just finished the excellent episode which featured an interview with Oli. I know Oli from the forums for a few years now so was nice to see him get some interview time. Been meaning to feature him on the blog but you guys beat me to it!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:13 pm

Thanks guys... we're doing the next one in a few days. We're getting swamped with requests from collectors to come on which is great. Unfortunately one of the guys has had technical issues so it's a little later than usual.

Clint those photos of the neck posts are great, I understand more now what he was saying.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:21 pm

Richard, Thanks for the update.  I love listening to the podcast's as I work during the day.

I'm glad that the picture of the neck post's, helps with understanding what Dave was describing.  It actually gave me an idea for a thread.

Was that the Huey Dewey and Louie set of figures that the guys were teasing you about?  It was the only set of figures that came up on google.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:19 pm

It was. It sits lovingly in my modern section lol!
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:50 pm

That's awesome. lol! cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:11 pm

The Vintage Rebellion return with a slightly delayed show, but another epic show nonetheless.
This months main interview is with UK collector and friend of the podcast Simon McOwan. We discuss his Trilogo last 17 run that he's just completed, HC Ford and Sons record erasers amongst many other things, including his failed business enterprise with Dave Tree 16 years ago.
In Rebel Briefings, Rich covers a host of topics as he discusses AFA, Selling up, Javier's PBP book, Jawa prices going crazy and he also selects his highlights from Johnpaul Ragusa's Q&A that he participated in on Facebook group 'Jabba's Palace'.
Tony Damata joins Grant as they discuss in depth Vintage Star Wars music collecting, whilst Pete brings us a third part of the toy shop interviews as he speaks with Chris Hand from the Leicester Vintage Toy Shop.
As Usual Jez delves into the world of collectors newest acquisitions, this month he looks at vintage soap, Yoda hand puppets and miscard's amongst many other stunning items picked up within the community.
As well as all this and some other cracking nuggets, Rich decides to give humour a try, if that doesn't make this show a vital download then I don't know what will. The blokes totally quackers!!!
Enjoy the show.

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:39 pm

Awesome. Something to listen too for the rest of the afternoon. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:58 pm

I am working on a review. Just finishing listening to it entirely for the 2nd time. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:08 am

Guys, that was another fantastic podcast. clapping

Richard, the constant teasing over the Disney duck figures seems a little unfair.  They are just not for most collectors. What a Face   I may have found a few different characters for you too collect

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300] [200][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/200]

Thanks for the information on the AFA - Q designation.  I had never heard of that designation before.  Here is a screen shot that I got from the AFA web site.  I'm not a supporter of AFA grading, but any information on the different levels of grading is a good thing to know about.

[800][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/800]

I've never seen any of the Sears Canada "skin wrapped" figures in person, I don't remember seeing or having them as a kid either.  And I'm still after a cardback.  I'm going to leave the questions raised about the MOC with the broken & shifted weapon to the experts.  But, the more we know about the process & the materials used, the better it will be for spotting the fakes.
For those that don't know what the MOC's look like, I've borrowed a picture from Christians Blog & his Collector Snapshot #7 - Clio (aka Jitterbug) and Noel (aka IG127) in which the MOC's belong.

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

A big congrat to Jez on buying the house.  It must have been increadably hard to give up all those MOC's.  But I understand why you did it. rockon
Hopefully we can see a picture of the now famous Luke XWP MOC.

All I can say is Javi's book about PBP / Poch is fantastic addition to anyone's library.

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

Thanks for the update on the Adolpho mess.

The "Naked Jawa's" seems to be the tip of the iceburg.  Weapons, stripped 3PO's & DSD, etc, etc....  I think it's just going to get worse.

I liked the interview with Simon McOwan & the record erasers.  What I didn't know, was there were two different covers for them, as well as 4 different colours.

The Yoda hand puppet is a brilliant piece, that everyone should have in their collection.  I have mine, how about you? nanny

Bruce's must be over the moon with getting a hold of the Leia "first shot".  I did see pictures somewhere, I just don't remember where yet?

The Mallow box is a fantastic find.  Something everyone should see.  It looks very similar to a trading card store counter display box.

The interview with Tony Damata was fantastic.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for anyone that wants to see some of the great albums, 8 tracks, cassettes, etc....
But I do have "Chewie the Rookie Wookie" stuck in my head now.  Thanks for that ear worm fellas. cheeky
I borrowed a quick screen shot.  I hope Tony won't mind.
[600]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/600]

These are just a few of the items discussed on this podcast.  There were many more great interviews & discussions.

I just wanted to end with a thank you for the great shout out for me personally, & the team here at TXI.  I just hope that everyone that has never heard the podcast, too give it a listen, and spread the word.  It's a fantastic thing you guys do every month, and its so entertaining, but informative at the same time.  Thanks to all of you.  Keep up the great work. clapping

Last edited by Commander Clint on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart Skinner Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:56 am

Morning you Tantive lovelies

Richard is away camping, yes camping in October, because he's from up North and they're all deranged.

Thought I would update this as he's not about.

***** EPISODE 29 NOW LIVE *****

Episode 29 : Bespin Boxflats

The Vintage Rebellion return with a shorter show (but still generally longer than most other podcasts) after such a short period since the last show.

Todd Hudson joins the Rebellion to discuss his collecting habits as he delves into his past to discuss his once impressive Chewbacca focus, and more up to date collecting as examine his love of preproduction collectibles including Revenge Proofs, 4 ups, Boxflats amongst many other items.

Criz Bee of JediBusiness.com and Galaxy of Toys and ToyRun Podcasts joins Grant for this months oddballs as they look at modern collecting with a Vintage Twist, a real must listen from a true modern expert.

Chris Georgoulis joins Richard for Rebel Briefings for an educational and fascinating discussion as he was reunited with a Wax Sculpt head and Tusken body.  Marc Walsh also returns to the show to discuss his new shop that he's recently opened in Blackpool.

Pete brings us a look at the recent Propstore Auction in this months Market, and be sure to listen on at the end of the show as Rich goes into meltdown!!!!!!

Enjoy the Show!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stuart Skinner
Stuart Skinner
Alderaan Ashigaru

Yavin Honor : 267

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Stuart, Thanks for the update. cheers Hopefully I will be able to listen to it later this week.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:57 am

Cheers for the update, I'll have a listen later Very Happy

camping in October, is Richard a bit of a Bear Grylls rockon
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:14 pm

What are you guys talking about. Camping anytime of the year is another Canadian pastime. bananarock
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:22 pm

-1 degrees is nothing.... got another in 2 weeks time.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:55 pm

richard_h wrote:-1 degrees is nothing.... got another in 2 weeks time.  

Lots of people here in Ontario like winter camping. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:33 pm

Degunk your junk and clear your phone memories, as you're going to need it all for this epic edition of The Vintage Rebellion Podcast.

This months show has no less than ten guests joining the team throughout the various sections.

Stuart is joined by Horacio Narvaez (Ozio) and Marco Jay to take an in depth look at the Lili Ledy license.

Rich has no fewer than FOUR guests during this months rebel Briefings. Jon Spira joins him to discuss the Elstree 1976 DVD release, whilst Adam Pemberton speaks with Jez about the recent Echo Live toy show. Henrik Friden discusses the recent huge Norway haul and Jason Smith returns to the show to discuss Palitoy 45 AB combinations.

This month in the newly titled Beyond the Toys section, Grant speaks to Propstore's Prop Guru Brandon Alinger and Emmy Award winning comedy screenwriter David Mandel on their new publication 'The Art of Ralph McQuarrie'. The book which will be the most comprehensive guide to artists behind The Original Trilogy.

Pete continues the guest ratio having Chris Botkins join him for Market as they take a look at the Rebel Commando, whilst also delving into the recent Propstore auction.

Jez offers a feast of acquisitions in the NA segment, as he looks at Trilogo MTV-7s, Hoth Survival mailer Kits, Canadian Ugnaught MOC, Argentinian Pepsi rulers, TIE Pilot Uzays, AT-ATs and a look at Cash Converters.

As well as all this Chris Georgoulias joins the team during feedback to make some corrections on information given during Episode 29.
Don't fear the length of this show is a one off and will be back to the usual 5 hours in December. x x

Enjoy the show!!!!!!!

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:47 pm

Thanks for the update Richard.

I do have some notes jotted down from the last episode, that I need to get it typed up.

Last edited by Commander Clint on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:59 pm

About half way through at the moment. Elstree 1976 sounds like it's right up my alley.

Great positive mention of Clint by Dr. Dengar Smile
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:54 am

Episode 29 review

Guys, I really enjoyed this episode.  It started out with the trivia game.  That was hilarious.

The great interview with Chris Georgoulis started it off, about the original wax sculpt of the Tusken Raider.  It was very interesting how Kenner sculptures &  engineers used brass sub frames to help figure out heights & dimensions of the figures.  I also enjoyed the discussion about the steel mould engravers & the sculpt differences in the production figures.

Congrats to Mark Walsh on opening the new toy shop in Blackpool.  I wish you every success with it.

The interview with Todd Hudson about his Chewbacca focus, & box flats was great.  It was also fascinating listening to how Todd deals with the humidity of Hawaii.  The 12" line of figures is one of my favourites, also hearing about un-produced items, 4 ups & proof sheets was fascinating.

It's hard to believe that it's been 21 yrs. since the introduction of the POTF2 figures.  They are not my cup of tea, but they do have some appeal.  But the interview with Criz Bee was great.

The most interesting was hearing about the Luke Bespin production figure that was turned into a prop for the Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark movie & was recently sold at auction.  How many of us went back to that scene of the ark opening to try and see if we could see the figure. lol!

[200][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/200]

I want to end with Richard. The rest of the crew are treating you like a brother.  I'm sorry buddy, but the duck jokes are hilarious.  It's comic gold. rofl

Thanks again guys, and looking forward to the next podcast.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:54 am

I'm slowly making my way through episode 30. I've loved what I'ved heard so far. Having a soft spot for Lili Ledy, I especially enjoyed the interview with our very own Ozio & Marco (well done guys clapping ) it has taught me a lot. Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top