The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 2 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by ChristianC Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:08 am

Great episode as usual guys and thanks so much for having the guys from here on. They did a great job representing the team here!

I read Ross' glowing review of your podcast on theswca blog. Nice work and well-deserved!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 2 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by Commander Clint Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:17 pm

Nico wrote:I really enjoy these podcasts and it was great hearing the interview with the Tantive guys clapping
Marco sounds like Johan Cruyff cheers
Clint sounds like a cool laid back Canadian cheers
And I was hoping our mate Chris was going to say
Great interview guys clapping

Thanks Andy

The interview was my first, and was a little bit nerve wracking. I probably should have had a pint or 6 before. lol!

btw, James still doesn't believe I'm Canadian. I don't say EH & aboot. lol! cheeky
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Nico wrote:I really enjoy these podcasts and it was great hearing the interview with the Tantive guys clapping

I don't say EH & aboot

Hate to break it to you Clint but you do say aboot!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:34 pm

ChristianC wrote:Hate to break it to you Clint but you do say aboot!

jaw lol! lol!
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lol! yeah Andy, if I hadn't been so damn nervous and forgetting what I was talking about most of the time, i might of slipped in an AYYY cheeky

commander clint wrote:btw, James still doesn't believe I'm Canadian.  I don't say EH & aboot. lol! cheeky

Yeah I hate to break it to you buddy....but I'm gonna have to agree with Christian........you really do say "aboot" lol!
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:49 pm

Has this turned into a 'lets bash our Canadian friend' thread. lol!
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:53 pm

I might need a box of tissues. lol! rofl
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:58 pm

I'll send you a box of Kleenex Clint. lol!
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:53 pm

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]
I have to agree , after hearing the podcast , I am starting to believe your Canadian ... or that you have at least been working on your accent so that you blend in and sound more Canadian   cheeky

Tissue ?
[400]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
[300]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:57 pm

Poor Clint. It's a good job he can take a ribbing! Besides he knows we all think he is a fantastic guy. cheers
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Don't make me put on my toque, and get out the dog sled. thefinger cheeky
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi guys, we're pleased to announce episode 22 has now dropped:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On this months edition of the Vintage Rebellion Podcast we are joined by Mark Daniels, known across the various outlets as Sublevel Studios. He discusses his collection, his artwork and gives us an insight in the differences from collecting now compared to the 90s.
During this months Newest Acquisitions we receive some breaking news regarding Celebration Europe and the Vintage Rebellions involvement, so be sure to listen carefully for that amongst some stunning purchases from the community over the last 4 weeks.
Rich is joined by Darrell Johnson and Brendi Burton to discuss the significance of the Rocket Firing Fett during Rebel Briefings. Whilst Pete brings us the latest from the Vintage Market, including the recent Vectis sale which had more stunning Star Wars items.
Finally, Episode 22 sees the return of Oddballs as Grant is joined by Nathan Butler for an instant return to form.
All this plus much more including music from Bad Lip Sync.
Sit back and enjoy the latest episode of The Vintage Rebellion Podcast.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:34 pm

Hey Guys

Thanks for another great podcast.  I was able to listen to the latest episode, while working this afternoon.

I loved the shout out, to our very own Chris aka chris.75.  His photography skills are simply fantastic.  When he & Jay aka psybertech, were giving us pointers on the best way to take pictures, we all listened.  And I like to think we've got some of the best photographed SW items around, because of them.
Here is a great thread on some of our set up's.  Some of us (cough, cough, me), like the cheap route. What a Face

Chris is a DV focus collector, so that is why he was showing off the DV towel & the Lili Ledy DV in the Latest Pick-ups thread. cheers

While I was listening, Richard was talking about removing the bandolier & bombs from the 12" IG-88, and I didn't catch why, till later on in the podcast.  I have a Jawa that has the melting plastic problem that you guys were describing.
You can see the melt marks left on the cloth cape & right through to the plastic torso.  When I was originally taking the pictures, I didn't know why the bandolier was sticking to the cape and torso.  But it all makes sense now. study

I was wondering if you could also post a link to the video of the "how to repair the Imperial Shuttle wing mechanism".  I have a shuttle that needs that exact problem fixed.  I'm sure there are a lot of others that would love to see it as well.

Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to hearing the next episode. clapping

Clint
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:06 pm

Damn I just typed a reply and it has gone :-(

Anyway, many thanks for the above info Clint. Lee Bullock did a panel at FF on the 12" Action Figure line and worried the hell out of us with regards to different plastics touching and melt marks. What does it mean for all of toy collecting? We don't know but it's scary to think about and there's nothing that can be done to prevent it by all accounts.

here's Galactic Armory's awesome video that really helped me.

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Thanks Richard. cheers

On my 12" Jawa, there was no different plastics touching.  So the bandoliers on both the Jawa & IG-88 must be made out of a plastic that is prone to leaching something out.  Thought I heard you mention the belt on Boba Fett might have the same problem?  I took my figures out of storage, and took the bandoliers off of them last night.  I also took the bombs out of IG-88's bandolier as well. The bombs seamed a little bit tacky.  Is there any good way of cleaning them up, besides soap & water?   I took Boba's belt off as well as a precaution.  There was no evidence of melting though, thankfully.

Thanks for the link to the video. clapping   I will have to watch it, and see if my Imperial Shuttle can be repaired with the existing parts inside.

Keep up the great work. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:53 pm

Commander Clint wrote:Thanks Richard. cheers

On my 12" Jawa, there was no different plastics touching.  So the bandoliers on both the Jawa & IG-88 must be made out of a plastic that is prone to leaching something out.  Thought I heard you mention the belt on Boba Fett might have the same problem?  I took my figures out of storage, and took the bandoliers off of them last night.  I also took the bombs out of IG-88's bandolier as well. The bombs seamed a little bit tacky.  Is there any good way of cleaning them up, besides soap & water?   I took Boba's belt off as well as a precaution.  There was no evidence of melting though, thankfully.

Thanks for the link to the video. clapping   I will have to watch it, and see if my Imperial Shuttle can be repaired with the existing parts inside.

Keep up the great work. cheers

If soap and water isn't working for you Clint you might try isopropyl alcohol - just be sure not to use it on any painted parts What a Face
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:02 am

ourchickenshack wrote:If soap and water isn't working for you Clint you might try isopropyl alcohol - just be sure not to use it on any painted parts What a Face

Thanks James, I will give the soap and water a try first, then the Isopropyl alcohol.cheers   I just happen to have some of the Isoproyl alcohol on my desk.  I use it for cleaning my paint brushes and thinning the acrylic paint that I've been using on another small project. What a Face

Last edited by Commander Clint on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:53 am

Is Lee Bullock on this forum yet? He put a post on FB i think talking about how best to clean them. I can't seem to find it but will ask him.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:46 pm

richard_h wrote:Is Lee Bullock on this forum yet?  He put a post on FB i think talking about how best to clean them.  I can't seem to find it but will ask him.

I don't think Lee is on TXI yet. I don't use FB, so if you talk to him, that would be great. cheers

I remember Lee from TIG. I also met him very briefly at C6 in Orlando.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:44 pm

commander clint wrote:Thanks for another great podcast.  I was able to listen to the latest episode, while working this afternoon.

I loved the shout out, to our very own Chris aka chris.75.  His photography skills are simply fantastic.  When he & Jay aka psybertech, were giving us pointers on the best way to take pictures, we all listened.  And I like to think we've got some of the best photographed SW items around, because of them.
Here is a great thread on some of our set up's.  Some of us (cough, cough, me), like the cheap route. What a Face  

I haven't had a chance to listen to the latest Podcast yet, But wow that's soo cool I got a mention in the latest pickups guide yay I will have a listen over the weekend.

thanks for the kind comments Clint, I appreciate it buddy Very Happy

richard h wrote:Damn I just typed a reply and it has gone :-(

Anyway, many thanks for the above info Clint.  Lee Bullock did a panel at FF on the 12" Action Figure line and worried the hell out of us with regards to different plastics touching and melt marks.  What does it mean for all of toy collecting?  We don't know but it's scary to think about and there's nothing that can be done to prevent it by all accounts.

Damn that is worrying  affraid , luckily there are no signs of staining or melting on any of my 12" figures  whew  
It's a shame to have to separate the accessories from the figures, as I have them on display, but of course I will do so, to prevent any issues in the future.
I'll definitely be listening to this part of the podcast with interest. Thanks richard for bringing this issue to everyone's attention, that may have missed Lee Bullock's original info.
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 9996
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:22 am

Just finished listening to the latest episode. Another beauty.

Thanks Rich for the Tantive XI shout out in the feedback section! Nice to be getting support from you dudes.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:55 pm

Our latest episode has now dropped. Featuring some Tantive XI LA items such as the Toxic Bossk it also has an extensive interview with a forum mod!

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:57 am

Thanks guys, I was really honoured to be a part of it. Stu and Jez were really chilled and even though I was pretty nervous it turned out to be a lot of fun in the end. Christ I do drone on and on don't I? Now I believe my wife when she complain...

Apologies to our members - I said that we have 150 members but we actually have almost 200. My bad....

Clint you get a little shout out in the feedback section as well. Nice work.

Thanks for all the support you guys have given our budding forum.
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:01 pm

Yeah I believe that 3 hrs of waffle was cut together with 5,000 "you knows" and 17,000 erms...... lol!

Seriously though, was a good interview and we enjoy looking at the LA items too on here. If this place was meh we wouldn't be interested so kudos to all of the guys who made this happen.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:04 pm

I just finished the interview with Christian. Well done.clapping Christian, you can do all of our interviews from now on. lol!

The interview with Ron, about the wax sculpts was fantastic.

Now to finish the second half of the podcast this afternoon. nanny
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top