The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 18 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by Nico Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:00 pm

The other designs for anyone who has not seen them yet  What a Face
[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]
As always, quality stuff guys clapping  bowwing
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 18 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by grinchy Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:05 pm

those designs look great, I need to start listening to the podcast again, just need to find the time, thanks for the heads up guys Very Happy
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5923

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:49 pm

Cheers guys glad you like the swag. More to come!

And our latest show.

With Star Wars Celebration in Chicago on the horizon the TVR team mash up a normal feeling show with Celebration.

In place of an interview this month we have a Celebration Roundtable where Chris Fawcett, Ron Salvatore and Chris Georgoulias join Stuart and Richard to talk Chicago, Collecting Track, Star Tots and previous Celebrations amongst many other topics, Ron also relays a wonderful story of a rocket firing Fett, David Mandel and a random passing Stormtrooper!!!

Richard looks at this years Collecting track in Rebel Briefings but is also joined by Matt George, Gary Borbridge and Stephen Ward for a fascinating look at their new book 'Engineering an Empire', and trust me, after hearing these three discuss it you'll be ordering it there and then!

Jez returns to England to host a mammoth Newest Acquisitions segment where he looks at a host of great purchases from knock off Jabba pipes and ESB Paperweights through to Greek Han Solo blasters with so much awesome stuff in between. The team end the section as always with a focus item, this month something the whole crew adore as they delve into the Taun Taun and Ron from the Vintage Alliance drops by for a second time in the show to give it that extra information.

Pete continues the love for the Taun Taun in Beyond the Newest Acquisitions, he looks at Lee Wards, Craftmaster and Sigma amongst other items before delivering his popular tracker top five on the hottest Taun Taun items.

As well as all this we look at other stories in the hobby, quiz hosted by Jez so obviously that's an extended section! Plus a better look at Celebration where Jez gets Uppity about a title for episode 9 leak.

All this plus much much more!!!

Enjoy the Show!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:47 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. It sounds like a great show. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardnut Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:12 pm

Those are too funny! They all gave me a good chuckle.
Cardnut
Cardnut
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1170
Focus : Trading Cards, Loose Figures

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:51 pm

Guys, That was a great show as usual. Loved all the Celebration talk, Tauntaun's, short shorts & orange tan jokes.

The one thing I do need to correct. Stuart mentioned that I had a Canadian decoder ring cereal adpac. Unfortunately it was a error multipack of the C-3PO cereal stickers and cards. I don't remember ever getting the decoder ring adpac stuff, here in Canada. It sounds like they were pretty cool to have.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:14 pm

Yeah they certainly do.  Cheers Clint and see you soon - hope you have a cardback for me!
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:49 pm

richard_h wrote:Yeah they certainly do.  Cheers Clint and see you soon - hope you have a cardback for me!

I hope to catch up to all of you guys soon as well. I actually now have 2 of that card back, so you can choose which one you think is better. afro

Chris & I will be there representing the forum. Both of us have tickets to the Archive party. So if we don't run into each other on the floor/panels on the first day, we'll see you on the Thursday night.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:51 pm

Episode 59 drops but we have to be clear with all our listeners from the outset, this is not a usual format show, this is 100% a revisit to Celebration in Chicago from the start of April, if you have no interest in this topic then miss this one out, we will be back earlier in May with the usual format show.

A shorter show where the boys sit around and discuss Celebration 2019, from Room Sales and the Show Floor to Chicago and our Acquisitions and everything in between. We hear from Shawn Moynihan, Daniel Burgess, Dallas Ewen, Jeff Kahan, Jason Smith, Josh Arber and Dario John Balsamo with their experiences of the show too.

There is the usual quiz, but we have placed it in the outro so listen on at the end for half hour of needless shenanigans.

Enjoy the Show!!!
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:59 pm

Sweet. I'm in need of something to listen too. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pantzman Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:15 pm

Just in time for a trip down to Redditch!
Pantzman
Pantzman
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 63
Focus : Ledy. Variants. Droids and ewoks TV series.

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed May 01, 2019 4:06 am

Thanks for the heads up, Rich! rockon
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Tue May 07, 2019 7:19 pm

It was great to recap that weekend. Really hope we can swing anaheim but the odds are against us.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue May 07, 2019 8:00 pm

richard_h wrote:It was great to recap that weekend.  Really hope we can swing anaheim but the odds are against us.

Rich.  You where like a ghost that weekend.  There only for a moment. lol!   Thanks for the recap. clapping
It sounds like everyone had a great time. cheers

Pete from The Vintage Rebellion with Chris (the89thchris).  Chris made Pete a custom t-shirt with the cover from the Spanish comic book that Pete picked up and discussed on the podcast.

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

Daniel Burgess, Stephen Savory, Jez, Stuart, Simon.  Sorry, I don't remember the last guys name.  Hopefully one of them will refresh my memory.

I have most of my pictures posted up in this thread, for everyone to see.

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed May 08, 2019 9:22 pm

That's Peter Lee on far right.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed May 08, 2019 9:44 pm

richard_h wrote:That's Peter Lee on far right.

Thanks Rich. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri May 10, 2019 4:44 pm

I'm just listening to the episode again. To answer some of your questions. The Tantive droids are hand cast from resin. 3D printing is too expensive at the moment.

The OT droid names can be found here. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can see a picture of the snow in that thread as well. The weather wasn't a shock to me. They get the same weather as we get here in Ontario. lol!
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon May 13, 2019 6:55 pm

Same here. I actually said it was warm and the Southern Softies were crying that it was snowing
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed May 15, 2019 6:42 pm

It was great briefly meeting you in Chicago, Rich.

I gotta give the episode a second listen, the first time it got blurred into the Celebration overload / space fever dream. rofl
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed May 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Likewise Chris. I felt I had more time to hang out in Orlando than Chicago. Not sure why.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Thu May 23, 2019 7:33 pm

With Celebration now a distant memory the boys return to the usual format for Episode 60. The team start with a reflection on Peter Mayhew who we've sadly lost since the last show.

Anthony Spinnickie joins Stuart and Richard to discuss his Ben Kenobi and Luke Skywalker focuses and how he got involved with Chive Cast and their social media amongst many other topics.

In this months Newest Acquisitions the lads look at a whole array of items, including a ray gun! Rich explains about a fantastic gift give to Adam Pemberton at Echo Live and there is understandably a look at some Chewbacca items that have been purchased including the height of Star Wars fashion items: The Chewbacca Bandolier Strap.

Pete keeps the Chewbacca love going during 'Beyond the Newest Acquisitions' as we find some amazing oddball items of the beloved Wookiee.
Rebel Briefings sees Richard look at the world of Protomolds and the fantastic article produced by Ben Sheehan as well as revisiting last months Vectis Auction.

As well as all this we talk Hakes and Echo Live as well as the usual quiz and much much more.

Enjoy the Show!!!
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu May 23, 2019 10:17 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. I'm looking forward to listening to this, tomorrow morning.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Fri May 24, 2019 3:12 am

Got most of the way through it today. Another fine episode, as usual! I shared my Canadian Bandolier Strap with you guys over the TantiveXI instagram account. It's true that you don't see many for sale online listed correctly, but a lot of Canadian collectors seem to have a boxed example of that fine piece of hardware. rofl

Not sure who's operating the VR Instagram account, but they do a good job. cheers

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sat May 25, 2019 2:45 pm

At the moment it's Jez. He seems a happy bunny on there currently
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon May 27, 2019 3:50 pm

I'm just to the discussion about the bandolier strap.  I just had my Canadian one out last week, when Alex (General Kahn) asked about them on FB.  Mine was MIB & unused, but not sealed.  When I took the strap out of the box, the foam was a mess and turned to goo.  I spent an hour or more cleaning it up.  This is one of those items, where the foam needs to be removed.

It's one of the few items that says "made & printed in Canada"

Jez forgot to visit "The Canadian Star Wars Gallery" for information about the Canadian Bandolier Strap.  Even though there isn't a lot of information about it.

You guys have forced me to bring this thread back. Some great Chewbacca videos in this thread.

Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top