The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 19 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by richard_h Wed May 29, 2019 7:38 pm

Scott's site is awesome for sure. Thanks Clint
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 783
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 19 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by Commander Clint Wed May 29, 2019 8:12 pm

richard_h wrote:Scott's site is awesome for sure.  Thanks Clint

I was really surprised to hear how hard the Canadian Bandolier Straps are to find. I think a lot of Canadian collectors have them in their collections already. Then don't give them much thought after that. lol!
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:47 pm

I can't help but wonder if the foam on the bandolier is uniquely bad. I've got a Dagobah set and a micro Death Star set where it's still pretty good but this one is just melted. rofl
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Episode 61 celebrates The Vintage Rebellion's 5 Year Anniversary. Joining the team to take you through this milestone episode are two special guest hosts which listeners should be familiar with!

Instead of a main focus interview this month, Stuart takes us through an array of stories from a selection of the interviews he has undertaken over the last 60 episodes, we hear from Matthew Fox, Ron Salvatore, Mattias Rendahl and Lee Bullock amongst many others and their memorable tales.

Rebel Briefings sees Richard joined by Brian Angel for a corker of a story, whilst the boys also look at what is going on in the hobby with the amount of new groups springing up and the negativity between some of those groups, what does the future of the hobby hold with the current climate.

Jez brings us his Newest Acquisitions, looking at a multitude of items from Creature Cantina Playsets through to Australian Roller boots and finishing as always with a focal topic, this month it's the B-Wing, Stephen Danley drops by to offer his knowledge on the ship.

Pete continues looking at the B-Wing in 'Beyond The Newest Acquisitions', as the boys realise how little the B-Wing appeared on across the oddball items.

All this plus much more as the boys look at how it all sorted and can Jez not finish bottom of a quiz when there's an extra two people to take that mantle from him... Surely... Maybe...

Enjoy the Show!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:19 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. I'll have a listen tomorrow. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:32 pm

Happy Birthday/5th Aniversary to The Vintage Rebellion Podcast cheers rockon Very Happy

Always a great listen, very informative and I love the banter/ humour you guys have rockon afro

Please keep up the good work lads cheers Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Loved the latest episode. Enjoyed hearing you guys talk about that Ledy cardback+figure combo I got done by CAS. I think you’re right that none of these companies have really figured out the best way to display the blasters yet.

Congratulations on hosting every episode over 5 years! cheers
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Just a quick note. Great episode guys, and congrats on the 5 year anniversary. I'll post more of my thoughts next week. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:58 am

Episode 62 features an interview with not one but two collectors and traders. joining Stuart and Richard is Richard Temple and Ben Potter, owners of Toys of Tatooine. The lads discuss trading, collecting, oddball items as well as delving into numerous finds including a 380 Logray MOC find.

Rebel Briefings sees Rich tackle all the important issues from around the hobby over the last four weeks. He takes us through a look at Modern pre-Production Items, Shill bidding accounts which were recently exposed, asks the question whether grading companies are favourable to repeat customers and we say a sad farewell to one of the podcast team.

Jez blows us away with the by far the longest Newest Acquisitions ever, a hole host of items are discussed, from helix Pencil Sharpeners to an array of MOCs. he then delves into an in depth look at cardbacks and finally rounds off the section with a look at the X-Wing where the Rebel Alliance drop by to help out.

Pete continues the X-Wing loving in Beyond the Newest Acquisitions, so many non toy items feature the x-wing, what will the big man pick out to discuss?

As well as all this we have the usual quizzes, hear about the disappointment of no summer Farthest From and take a look at a diorama that has been built using an old playset base. All this plus much much more on this months Vintage Rebellion.

Enjoy the show!!!

SHOW CONTENTS
0. 04. 23 TVR team acquisitions
0. 23. 53. No summer Farthest From!
0. 34. 45. Congratulations to Chive Cast Skye Paine
0. 35. 05. TVR now available on Spotify
0. 35. 35. Dioramas using recycled parts
0. 45. 05. Quiz
1. 15. 02. Rebel Briefings
1. 15. 57. Modern Preproduction
1. 28. 06. Shill Bidding exposed
1. 53. 01. Do grading companies favour repeat customers?
2. 01. 27. Podcast departure
2. 15. 10. Interview with Richard Temple and Ben Potter
3. 20. 15. Newest Acquisitions
4. 02. 33. Cardbacks (part of NA)
4. 44. 03. x-Wing (part of NA) (joined by Chris G from Vintage Alliance)
5. 41. 11. Beyond the Newest Acquisitions
6. 04. 19. Star Wars Tracker Top 5
6. 05. 55. Going for Gold Leader
6. 11. 41. Feedback
6. 54. 13. Out takes

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:02 pm

Thanks Rich cheers
   Found the time stamps very useful as it allowed me to go straight to the shill bidding part  saber
I'll listen to the full episode next week when I have more time  smoking
Very sorry to hear Jez is stepping down due to work commitments, he will be missed rebel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thanks for all your efforts mate, good luck for the future, stay safe bro cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:11 am

OOooo we got a serious shoutout this month. Rich even confused Clint and I for a few seconds there, but that's fine since TantiveXI is kinda like a Voltron or a Megazord, we all combine to make a death robot that just dominates NA on TVR podcast. rockon

Last edited by the89thchris on Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:18 pm

Thanks for the update Rich.  I'm looking forward to giving it a listen. cheers

I have to apologize for not being more interactive with you guys lately. I'm not feeling 100%.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Don't worry Clint you take care of yourself mate.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:05 pm

richard_h wrote:Don't worry Clint you take care of yourself mate.

Thanks Rich. I'm in limbo at the moment. The doctors are watching my blood work numbers & symptoms. Hopefully they can get me straightened out before things get worse.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:35 pm

I'm finally listening to the episode.

I love the idea of creating custom Cantina figures to put into a diorama.  I agree with Pete.  There are so many great Cantina aliens that they never made in the vintage line.

Congrats to Rich on winning the quiz.

Thanks for the discussion about the shill bidding scandal.  I believe this is happening more that just these 2 collector/sellers.
I recently was bidding on a local seller's (in my city) lot of Coca Cola bottle caps.  The bidding went up rather quickly.  I stopped bidding when I reached my max. bid.  There was only one more bid after my max bid.  The auction ended, and I immediately got a second chance offer from the seller at my max. bid.  I knew immediately that the seller was shill bidding.

Thanks for the discussion on the grading issues and the grading companies.  It was very interesting listening to Rich & Jez's point of views on the issues.  I'm a loose collector, and will continue to stay away from the graded stuff.  I don't believe in encasing everything in acrylic.  How do you play with the toys if you can't touch them. lol!

I want to thank Jez for all the work on the podcast.  He will be missed, as a regular contributor.  Hopefully when you're done with this next part of your career, you will be back.  You've been a massive supporter of the TXI forum, and we will miss that support.

I enjoyed the interview with Richard Temple and Ben Potter.  It's always fun listening to collector / sellers like this. clapping

Newest Acquisitions

Rich definitely mixed Chris (the89thchris) & myself mixed up when talking about the Sears exclusive card back. lol!

Chris's Helix pencil sharpener is a fantastic item.

Hopefully we can discover more about the Canadian Nien Nunb card backs with Nien Nunb offer.

Thanks Rich, for the shout out about my ROTJ theater cup. cheers

I enjoyed the interview with Ron S.

I never had an X-Wing Fighter as a kid either. jaw   I had a Tauntaun, speeder bike & a Slave 1.

Congrats to Pete for winning this episode of Going for Gold Leader. clapping

Thanks again for all the hard work, you guys put into each episode.

And good luck to Jez. You will need to stop by the forum and say hello, every once in a while.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:17 am

Thanks for the review Clint.

I've just made it clear from 6 weeks of family visitors so finally gonna have time to catch up on some podcasts....
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Happy birthday, Rich! Thanks for all the entertainment that you guys provide at regular intervals! rofl  See you at “The Annual”! rockon
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:52 pm

Cheers mate looking forward to it.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:29 am

The Vintage Rebellion rumbles on post Jexit, as Stuart, Richard and Pete are joined by two of the five rotating guest hosts, this month we welcome Edd Grant and Jason Smith on board to help us with the void that Jez leaves.

Pete takes control of the interview this month as he completes his trilogy of Toy Shop interviews, this time it is Chris Malbon for Metropolis that joins him for a chat.

Richard is joined by David Quinn, Dan Loisell and Brent Scotchmer to discuss this years ICCC event and what will be different from last years. Rich also looks at a fantastic fund raising raffle over on Tantive as well as an early look at 'The Man Who Shot Luke Skywalker Project'. With help from attendee Jason, Rich also reviews the recent LFCC event.

Pete introduces his new section, 'License to Thrill', where he looks at one vintage license each month. This month sees UK show company, Clarks, delved into, but why no shoes from Clarks in the UK during the line? Baffling!!!

Newest Acquisitions returns without it's natural leader, but the lads take on a shorter section looking at Kenner Lightsabers, John Menzies, Dairylea, beater MOCs and Handmade figures before finishing with their main topic, this month it's the Kenner Death Star, and as always we have The Vintage Alliance drop by to help us out once again, this time we hear from Ron Salvatore.

As well as all this we hear the TVR shenanigans on a recent Star Wars weekender and as usual the quiz. thanks to grant sharing the back seat of a car with Stuart we also see the return of the song!!!

All this plus much more on this months Vintage Rebellion Podcast.

Enjoy the Show!

TIME STAMPS

00.00.53. Welcomes
00.04.17. TVR Acquisitions
00.18.21. TVR Weekend Get Together
00.31.22. Terms : "Entry Level" MOCs
00.34.01. Luke Stormtrooper Trilogo : Black or Blue/Black blasters?
00.36.41. Quiz
00.59.14. Rebel Briefings
01.00.13. RB : ICCC19 with David Quinn, Dan Loisell and Brent Scotchmer
02.01.20. RB : Tantive the Forum Raffle
02.03.51. RB : The Man Who Shot Luke Skywalker Project
02.07.28. RB : LFCC Review
02.12.15. Interview with Chris Malbon of Metropolis
03.14.53. License to Thrill : Clarks
03.55.43. Song
03.59.14. Newest Acquisitions
03.59.36. NA : Kenner Lightsaber
04.03.04. NA : John Menzies
04.16.03. NA : Dairylea
04.24.03. NA : Beater Hoth Stormtrooper MOC
04.29.53. NA : 1978 Handmade Figure Set
04.33.20. NA : Main Topic - Kenner Death Star featuring Ron Salvatore of The Vintage Alliance
05.00.57. Star Wars Tracker Top 5
05.02.17. Going for Gold Leader
05.07.35. Feedback
05.15.59. Thank Yous / next Two Hosts Announced / Goodbyes
05.21.33. Out Takes
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:15 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. I'm looking forward to sitting at my desk and giving it a listen. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:34 pm

Episode 63 review

It's great to here Edd Grant & Jason Smith on this episode as guest hosts.

Edd forgot about the Canadian 77 back Lumat, when talking about his newest pick ups & all the Lumat cards.

Rub a dub dub, 4 guys in a boat. lol!
It sounds like it was a great time.  I saw a few pictures on FB.

I have to disagree with Edd about the "un-cracked" limbs statement.  I have lots of figures with limbs that haven't been cracked.
When the figures where sonic welded together, the limb pin inside the torso cavity is slightly welded.  That's why the arms on the EV-9D9 are missing on a lot of loose figures.  The arm pins are too thin on that particular figure and can't take the initial "un-cracking".

Here is a great article/discussion about it.

Rich's interview with David Quinn, Dan Loisell and Brent Scotchmer, about the ICCC19 was great.  It sounds like a great show to attend.
Here are some of Chris's (the89thchris) pictures from the first ICCC.

I want to thank you for the Droid Raffle shout out.  It means so much.  I'm actually still suffering a bit at the moment.  But I'm trying to make more time for things in the hobby.
If anyone wants to donate & get in on the raffle, there still is about 3 weeks left.

I loved Pete's final Toy Shop interview with Chris Malbon of Metropolis.  It's always so interesting to hear the stories from these shop owners.

License to Thrill is a great idea for a new segment.  The very first license is Clark's Shoes.  The boys discuss the Star Wars shoes that were only available to the US & Canada.
I think Pete manages to make a joke about every one of the host's feet. lol!

I actually don't own a Kenner Death Star Play Set.  Just the Canadian cardboard version.

Thanks again guys for another great episode.  Keep up the great work. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:39 pm

I'm in the same boat as Dave, Dan, and Brent as far as the first ICCC is concerned. I had a great time, but due to certain show variables, I think it could have been run more efficiently. There was just a lot of space and autograph guests that vintage collectors didn't need. I know thats a serious armchair quarterback thing to say, I really have no experience in it. I just know that most of the vintage collectors weren't overly interested in autographs, especially not from Captain Kirk (as fun as he was to have around). rofl

Glad to hear a plug for the TantiveXI droid raffle while its still got a few weeks to go. bananarock
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:38 pm

Cheers guys - I sent my donation to raffle last week. I'm a firm believer that you get out of a con what you put into it. Go with a positive mindset, chat with friends and make the effort, you come away with a great memory.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm

richard_h wrote:Cheers guys - I sent my donation to raffle last week.

Thanks for the donation Rich, and good luck. cheers

Hopefully, being an R5 collector will bring you a bit of luck in the raffle.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:57 pm

***** Episode 64 Live *****

The Vintage Rebellion welcome Andrew Preston and Mark Daniels to take us through Episode 64 as this months rotating guests.

Alistair Kirkland takes Stuart and Richard through his expansive and impressive collection during this months main interview, Stuart's delighted as Alistair is a Sigma nut who has recently finished his Sigma run.

Rich is joined by Ben Sheehan as they take a look at the new book from Kim Simmons. As well as this Rich guides us through his time at the Star Wars Annual event before celebrating the fact that Farthest From has a Christmas date.

Pete continues his License to thrill section, this month looking at a license close to his heart and focus, Deka.

NA sees the lads look at a whole array of items including Walkie Talkies, Huffy Push Bikes and Knitted Cardigans and finishes with a focal look at Boba Fett.

All this plus the usual quizzes, Rapid Fire and a countdown to the awesome Echo Live event.

And much more inbetween.

Enjoy the Show!!!

Show Time Stamps

0.00.53 Welcomes
0.03.31 Thank You To The Listeners
0.04.48 Trailer Discussion (Ep9 and Madalorian)
0.11.57 Echo Live
0.14.18 Chance Meeting with Stuart Freeborn
0.23.02 TVR Acquisitions
0.37.49 Quiz
1.06.00 Rebel Briefings
1.06.55 Interview with Ben Sheehan (Kim Simmons Book)
1.33.17 Star Wars Annual Review
2.09.57 Farthest From Announced
2.15.09 Interview with Alistair Kirkland
3.14.51 License To Thrill : Deka
3.44.32 Newest Acquisitions
3.44.48 NA - Sears Diecast Landspeeder Mailer
3.45.46 NA - Boba Fett Hand Knitted Cardigan
3.48.33 NA - Toy Toni Gamorrean Guard
3.53.43 NA - Huffy Push Bike
4.01.59 NA - Oral B Store Display
4.07.25 NA - Sheet Music
4.13.20 NA - Ralph McQuarrie ESB Portfolio