The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 21 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by the89thchris on Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:59 pm

Episode 69 should be out any day now but if you heard about anything in 68 that you'd like to see, check out the Instagram feed. Each photo has a caption relating to where it shows up in which episode. rockon

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast on Instagram
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's a sample of Justin & Jen's collection, they were the main interview on Episode 68.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 4629
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond - Page 21 Empty Re: The Vintage Rebellion Podcast 2016 and beyond

Post by richard_h on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:32 pm

and boom.....

Funnily enough the episode number of this podcast produced zero crude jokes and innuendo's, which is surprising. Almost as much as Jason Smith returning with fellow supporting guest co-host Andrew Mr Spoons Norton.

The main interview sees Richard catch up with David Deans to discuss many things including his love of that short fused droid R5-D4.

A brazen phalanx of midland and northern flavoured hosts results in a focus on that great staple of British picnics: the Thermos - in Pete's Licensee section.

Richard warbles merrily in Rebel Briefings about Jasons cardback matrix, the forthcoming Propstore auction and poses the question from the Tantive forum about "Collecting without Buying".

richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Yavin Honor : 753
Focus : Loose and R5D4 items

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint on Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:25 pm

Thanks for the update Rich. I'm looking forward to listening to the episode, this coming week. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun

Yavin Honor : 21977
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint on Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:19 pm

That was another fantastic episode.

Thanks to Jason and Andrew for being this months special guests.  Both of them did a fantastic job.

Just like Jason has been helping with the US updated Kellerman matrix, and the Palitoy cardback matrix.  A few of us in Canada have been slowly working on updating the Canadian cardback matrix, by confirming a few missing entries.

The interview David Deans was fantastic.  It was great to hear about his childhood & his current collecting habits.  I won't hold it against him for focusing on R5. lol!  lol!

Pete did another fantastic job on the Thermos products.  It was nice to hear about the history and 3 different companies that produced the products.
I still have my childhood metal lunchbox for some reason.  I used it to store toys for many years.  It's not "Thermos" brand, but it's that tartan pattern that you discussed. nanny
I don't remember if it had an insulated flask to accompany it?

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/300]

Thanks again guys and keep up the great work. clapping clapping
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris on Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:10 pm

The apocalypse is finally here. Its what we've been training for since Dawn of the Dead in the 1970s. What's your weapon of choice? OR you can stay in your house, kick off your Cuban heels, grab a relaxing beverage in your favourite mug and listen to a few hours of vintage Star Wars collecting talk.

We have handy-Andy Preston and jaunty-Jason Smith joining Richard and Peter in the hosting duties. We hear some cracking interviews from Andy's trip to Finse, Norway on his Empire Strikes Back / Hoth adventure - listen to him being gnawed on by a local Wampa. On this month's licensee section, Pete gets the guys to remember their Panini sticker collecting days, although Jason reckons the best Panini is ham and cheese, Richard fights him to the death on tripe and rhubarb. Andy and Pete watch on in horror.

Also during RB Rich and the team discuss the awesome article on Argentinian fakes found on the SWCA blog and consider the future role of auction houses.

Check out Episode 70 on Youtube:

Listen to it on Podbean:
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint on Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:16 pm

Thanks for the update Chris. cheers
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris on Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:38 pm

Yeah, that YouTube version was an exercise in madness. It may never happen again. rofl
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Yesterday at 9:51 am

A Canadian matrix will be super cool. Really looking forward to seeing that when it is published and knowing about all the cards I'v ZERO chance of owning!
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Yesterday at 2:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:A Canadian matrix will be super cool.  Really looking forward to seeing that when it is published and knowing about all the cards I'v ZERO chance of owning!

Talk to your media guy.  He should be able to hook you up with a rough draft. lol!

I'm fairly sure you have have a Canadian card or two already. cheers

I think that I'm about 1/2 or 2/3 of the way thru having each card in the matrix.  But I'm competing with the likes of Jason Smith, and David Deans. What a Face
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun

Back to top Go down

Post by richard_h Today at 8:22 am

I have one cardback :-)

Yep, those two are relentless.... wow that's good going.
richard_h
richard_h
Yavin Yari

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum