Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre - Page 2 Empty Re: Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre

Post by hellhippie Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:10 pm

incredible James , I've seen your awesome work before , your wife did an awesome job on those dolls btw . I cant watch the videos they're just green on my screen . me and the wife have been debating on whether or not to go all out for our favorite holiday but I'm not so sure as I've been hurt and out of work with a bad shoulder injury and after 7 months I have surgery around the corner . as you know this stuff doesn't go up in an hour . we'll see though . I'm sure we'll do something . spooky stuff !!!! I love it (but you knew that already )
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre - Page 2 Empty Re: Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre

Post by Ian_C Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:18 am

I love the squirrel James. Especially where the nut is now a baby's head. lol!

Wanna take a trip up here and show my wife how to do it right? I'm tired of her daycare influenced Halloween concepts, with smiling ghosts and witches. We need to SCARE children at Halloween, not make them thinks demons are "cute". Wink

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 2361
Focus : Kenner Production

https://www.tantivexi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:32 am

Thanks Bill cheers

Sorry to hear about your shoulder - I hope the surgery helps you out

I still really want to see some pics of your previous Halloween displays even if you can't do a display this year What a Face

Mabey if you go directly to you tube and just search for ourchickenshack (my 3 videos will be your only results  cheeky ) you can watch them directly from there  scratch

Thanks Ian  cheers

If I remember right I think it may have been Julie's suggestion to put the baby head in place of the nut - she's a twisted bitch  lol!

Hey if Trump wins the presidency here we have talked about moving to Canada  cheeky

You and Clint live pretty close to each other so we'll just find a nice little town in between to move to  Wink

We picked up a whole slew of messed up baby dolls right before Halloween last year for a few dollars the last day of a local estate sale . They made it into the display ...

[600][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/600]

As I mentioned before , last year I was so busy with other projects that I didn't do much new stuff . The baby dolls were a new addition but I really didn't do much to them .

I added the Raven in this pic ...

The wreath and devil mask here ...

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

I didn't do anything to the wreath yet but I will do some weathering to it this year . The mask was a garage sale find for $1 and I just repainted it ...

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:58 am

ourchickenshack wrote:

Hey if Trump wins the presidency here we have talked about moving to Canada  cheeky

You and Clint live pretty close to each other so we'll just find a nice little town in between to move to  Wink

Let's hope for everyone's sake that first part doesn't happen. If it does, and you guys move, I have the perfect city for you. You've heard of Wayne Gretzky? Or the inventor of the phone, Alexander Graham Bell? Their hometown is pretty much dead center between me and Clint. Smile I'll help you unpack, LOL.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:34 pm

James I'm loving that Raven mate cheers Reminds me of a great scene from Omen 2 What a Face

And that head below Frankenstein (Frank from Hellraiser) is frickin awesome clapping

The bag of rats looks great also cheers

Last edited by Nico on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:40 pm

Ian_C wrote:Let's hope for everyone's sake that first part doesn't happen.  If it does, and you guys move, I have the perfect city for you.  You've heard of Wayne Gretzky?  Or the inventor of the phone, Alexander Graham Bell?  Their hometown is pretty much dead center between me and Clint. Smile  I'll help you unpack, LOL.

Ian

sounds awesome - I'll provide the beer and finger foods of course What a Face

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

Btw - The fingers and ears were bought to hand out to deserving trick or treater's a couple years ago - I just repainted the fingers but I added the gore on the backs of the ears with latex and paper towels  eek

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:51 pm

Nico wrote:James I'm loving that Raven mate cheers Reminds me of a great scene from Omen 2 What a Face

And that head below Frankenstein (Krueger or Frank from Hellraiser) is frickin awesome clapping

The bag of rats looks great also cheers

I try to add lot's of small tributes to horror movies and writers in my display . I bought the raven because I thought it was a nice ode to Poe What a Face

I also made this Monkeys Paw out of a awful prop hand I had acquired that didn't look human to me ...

Just mostly a repaint but I added the hair too tongue

The head you are referring to is a small nod to Hellraiser Twisted Evil

I did a little touch up to the paint but the main thing I did to it was add the eye inserts . A few years ago I discovered some cheap but pretty realistic and well made eye inserts that I started using on most of my heads in the display - it's a simple touch but really seems to add quite a bit of realism to the props cyclops
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:25 pm

The Monkey's paw is a great addition James  clapping
You done a great job with the eyes mate, I'm a big fan of Hellraiser(first 3) What a Face
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:17 am

Thanks Andy  cheers

Combined with repainting the heads , the eye inserts really add a more realistic look ...

I add the veining and yellow up the eyes a little to try and help with the realism What a Face

Some props I just repaint primarily though ...

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[/400]

I added the "Hair Handle" to make it easy to carry and throw at trick or treaters cheeky
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:26 am

beautiful , i'll look to dig up some photos . funny about the mask I bought one just like it at a garage sale and I hated it . now I think ;ll paint it up . you've inspired me What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian_C Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:58 pm

The eyes do make all the difference.

Nice work on The Monkey's Paw. Classic story, that I just don't know how many people know about these days.

Ian
Ian_C
Ian_C
Sullust Samurai

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:03 pm

Great heads James  cheers The stretched skin effect in the top two pics looks really good  clapping

hellhippie wrote:beautiful , i'll look to dig up some photos  
Bill, when you get time that would be great mate What a Face Sorry to hear about the shoulder man No
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:11 pm

Thank you again guys cheers

I really look forward to seeing your Halloween décor Bill popcorn

Here's another example of a cheap prop I bought a few years ago , I believe with the 50 % off after Halloween discount I paid $15 (or less) ...

I got rid of the stupid little shirt it was wearing , added eye inserts and did a repaint ...

Then I used another one of my favorite techniques that's very simple to do ...

[200][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/200]

Spray Foam with a spine bone added ...

Then a little Liquid Latex around the edges ...

add a little paint ...

Everything included I spent less then $25 total on this prop  What a Face

This is where he hangs now ...

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:09 am

Here's a couple very cheap props I made mostly with crap around the house and spray foam ...

Nothing fancy but they make good background space fillers What a Face
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:45 am

Here's another cheap prop , which was just a mask I bought for $5 or so  What a Face

The first year I just put it on a tiki torch and called it good  Embarassed

I was not satisfied of course , and since it was too big to really wear as a mask , I made a corpse head out of it .

Before Paint ...

After ...

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

I filled the mask with poly foam then sealed over the eye and neck holes with my usual latex and paper towel combo to get the gore effect . Added the neck bone and a little paint ...

Then back to the torch ...

Twisted Evil
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:11 pm

I have several other Tiki Torches scattered around the perimeter of the display in our yard - the lighting from them on Halloween night helps add a little creepiness .

I have to do a little enhancement to them of course ...

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:30 am

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:24 pm

Nico wrote:
The Monkey's paw is a great addition James  clapping
You done a great job with the eyes mate, I'm a big fan of Hellraiser(first 3) What a Face
so am I yay yay
hellhippie
hellhippie
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:28 pm

your painting is outstanding also james , really cool

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:20 am

Thanks again Bill  cheers

Here's a Norma Bates prop I made ...

My vulture basket that kind of evolves each year ...

one of the main changes was the eye in the vultures mouth ...

The one on the left was what I had made originally but , after I discovered the better eye inserts , I made another eye and then replaced one eye on the head in the basket and tried to make it look like the other eye had been ripped out ...

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:47 pm

cool!!!!!!

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:27 pm

James that spray foam stuff finished off with red paint works wonders mate cheers Really looks the part, great effects clapping
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:22 pm

absolutely, disgustingly, revolting!! well done James your a true artist in your craft cheers clapping clapping bowwing
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10011
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:44 pm

This pic reminds me of Zombie Flesh Eaters  What a Face
James, love this thread brother  Very Happy
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:23 am

James you are a gifted prop maker. Such a great bunch of genuine looking horrifying items.clapping clapping clapping

I liked the setting in one of your videos where you are slowly walking towards the prop garage. In a slow kind of spooky fashion. We hear breathing, we even see shadows (Jason's!), and a dog barking (the prop dog!). You could easily combine all those elements during a night shooting in a small horror movie. I am sure you have the talent.
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top