Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre - Page 3 Empty Re: Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:55 pm

Thanks again guys bowwing

I have a ton of fun making and or modifying the props but sometimes I find things that look so awful in their natural state that I don't have to do anything to them ...

here's a doll that I found at a estate sale ...

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

and a naturally mummified dead toad I found years ago ...

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]

eek
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre - Page 3 Empty Re: Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre

Post by ourchickenshack Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:41 am

Here's the Grandpa Sawyer prop I made a couple years ago ...

The wheelchair was given to me .

The suit was bought at a thrift store for $10 .

The shoes and tie were bought cheap off ebay ( $15 total) .

The hands were a cheap Dollar General purchase (repainted of course)

The shirt was one of my wife's old ones (and the socks were mine) .

I made the mannequin out of white pvc plumbing pipes and joints and then used a old quilt to wrap the pvc frame and give it the shape/bulk needed ($5 or less in materials) .

The mask was a original Don Post Texas Chainsaw mask and was by far the most expensive part , if I remember right I paid $40  jaw . All in all I still believe I spent less then $75 total on the entire prop so it's still pretty reasonable  Very Happy

Here's what the mask looked like originally ...
[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

First step was to remove the awful hair and add eye inserts...

Then I put it on a foam wig head and cut , glued , pinned , shaped and used poly fill to fill any voids etc - until I got it in a slightly more realistic size and proportion .

Added new hair and did a complete paintjob ...

He really isn't identical to either "Grandpa" in Texas Chainsaw 1 or 2 - more of a hybrid Grandpa from both movies  What a Face

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

The leg in his lap is from my "autopsy victim" prop and I finally found a prop foam sledge hammer after Halloween last year for $5 cheers

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:02 am

brilliant work mate, to much cool stuff to mention, but your customisation skills are brilliant! really impressed
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5918

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:58 am

Thank you so much Ian cheers

For those of you who have not seen Ian's work , please check out this thread : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now that's the work of a real professional bowwing yay bowwing

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:24 am

So a few years ago I acquired this CPR dummy ...

[600][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/600]

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:28 am

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:34 am

that's cool, you did a brilliant job bringing that to life!
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:09 am

A few years ago I bought these masks for cheap after Halloween ...

I decided to use the one on the left to make a face piece that looks like Leatherface peeled it off the autopsy victim ...

The other 2 masks I just repainted and hung them in the background for a couple years , until this year , when I found this chain / meat hook prop at our local Spirit Halloween store ...

So my first prop project this year was to add gore and do a little more painting to the masks so they would look better hanging on the hooks ...

Yes , I finally got my basic set up done last week What a Face

[700][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/700]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:26 pm

looking good, the repaint looks great, love leatherface to
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:50 am

Thanks again Ian cheers

Here are my Funkins (Foam pumpkins) which I carved in tributes to movies  What a Face

From the opening credits of the original Halloween movie ...

From the opening credits of the original Halloween 2 movie ...

I plan to eventually split the pumpkin so I can put a skull and "membrane" in it so it looks like the movies intro after it starts splitting apart  Twisted Evil  . I think it would look a lot cooler displayed that way because the actual design of the pumpkins face is rather boring  Neutral  .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Ian , do you have any suggestions as to what would make a nice membrane material ?

A "Sam" pumpkin head from the movie Trick 'r Treat ...

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:24 am

Here's my Finger Lamp ...

[200][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/200]

I tried to make sure all the fingers were different and then added a little gore and paint . Added a  vertebrae to the pull chain for good measure cheeky

I already posted pics of the next two props here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

but in case you didn't see them there ...

That pretty well covers the majority of my older props but I have been working on repairing and touching up a few of the older ones .

The latex broke on this head so I had to repair the damage . I actually took some coat hanger wire and super glued them about 5 inches deep into each "skin flap" and bent the wires into a hook on the ends so I could attach the chains . I changed the original strings to chains and added a few "accessories" to the head lol!

I also have a few new props in the works  Very Happy

Here is a sneak preview of a couple props I bought that I wanted to make into something special ...

Any guesses scratch

Wink

I finished the project this evening but it was after dark so I'll get pics tomorrow to show you chickenshack
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:09 pm

James, Everything is looking great again this year. I hope you have great weather for halloween and get to scare the hell out of the trick or treat'ers. bowwing
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:07 pm

Thanks Clint cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Say hello to my little friend ...

Lucille ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She's thirsty ...   Twisted Evil

Its a foam bat with fake barbwire ...

[200][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/200]

I sanded off the "tape wrap" on the handle and then carved some wood grain where the tape was with my dremel tool . Then painted , shaded and wrapped the barbwire - even added the worn Louisville slugger emblem What a Face

Whats hilarious is I have seen a ton of Lucille props selling on ebay for $150 jaw   They are made with real bats and barbwire though and I went the fake route for the safety of trick or treaters . It actually would have been a lot easier to make a real bat then the fake one cheeky
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:28 pm

brilliant , love the toad !!!! all looks so sick , on a side note I don't make props just collect them . id be scared to get some of that stolen theyre too good .granpa and the dummy are just too twisted clapping

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:55 am

Thanks Bill cheers

A few years ago I started putting this little lamp on the porch for a little extra light but the lamp shade always bugged me .

so I decided to make a Skined Face Lampshade :

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

I bought 5 cheap masks at the Dollar General for $10 , cut them apart and then pieced them together on the lampshade . I actually sewed every seam on because that's how Leatherface would have done it cheeky

Although the sewing was very tedious and time consuming , with a little latex work , painting and shading it actually turned out cooler then I had imagined cheers  

It looks pretty sick lit up ...

Twisted Evil

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:58 am

James, that lamp is straight out of the Sawyer family house Twisted Evil Awesome work brother bowwing
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:07 pm

sick as hell

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:08 pm

awesome updates mate, that lamp is a brilliant idea, very cool
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:53 am

Thank you Andy , Bill and Ian cheers

I've been working on several props and finished a couple , for now at least What a Face

This was a simple addition that just came to me on the spur of a moment ...

I always seem to have a few extra skulls lying around so I took a couple and did my usual weathering paint treatment to them , then cut holes in the backs so they could be placed over the arm rests on my porch bench ...

We have a nice footstool that we generally keep in our carport  but usually remove it during Halloween because it's yellow cushion just didn't blend in to the display . I decided we could use a extra place to sit down on Halloween night so I made a few modifications to the stool to make it fit in Twisted Evil

I actually want to do a bit more to it but I think I'll call it good for now because I have spent too much time on it already and still have other props I need to finish whew
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:57 am

Great additions mate, love the footstool, lol, your display must be the best in your area!
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:36 am

Very cool James!

I love this "I always seem to have a few extra skulls lying around." Pretty casual....
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6843
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:03 am

I bought this Zombie Chicken a couple of years ago but never did anything to it until now . My wife suggested gluing feathers to it and I thought it was a great idea so she did  cheers

I forgot to take a pic of it before the feathers but here it is after ...

Then I painted the bone and muscle parts ...

I still wasn't quite happy with it so I did some work around the eyes with milliputty ...

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:01 pm

made some pile 'o guts to go with a couple different displays ...

drove a railroad spike through the autopsy dummy's hand ...

Still working on several more props ... coming soon What a Face

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:40 pm

gruesome mate, loving the new additions, railroad spike through the hand inspired stuff!
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:45 pm

great job on the chicken eyes lol brilliant . funny I was talking to the wife and showed some of your setup to her . she said they keep all that cool stuff outside ? I had no idead is was in your carport . so you do up your garage basically? , then park outside?
very cool as always

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top