Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre - Page 4 Empty Re: Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:18 am

Thank you again Ian  cheers

hellhippie wrote:great job on the chicken eyes lol brilliant . funny I was talking to the wife and showed some of your setup to her . she said they keep all that cool stuff outside ? I had no idead is was in your carport . so you do up your garage basically? , then park outside?
very cool as always

Thanks Bill cheers

Yeah I set up in our carport for the most part but it's pretty small , maybe 15 ' x 15 ' . Although my wife has a small Toyota Yaris we still don't even park in it normally because I have cabinets on one side and a bench on the other side .

The room I have to make a display really limits the number of large props I can make and also what actually "fits" into the overall slaughterhouse theme . My wife and I really want to get a warehouse type property that we can go all out on and be able to do other theme rooms Twisted Evil

Here's a Pennywise doll Julie and I did together and just finished (at least for now) ...

[500][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/500]

[600][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/600]

I carved the babies top lip into teeth with a exacto blade and then sculpted the thin top lip and nose with milliputty . After I painted the head / face , Julie did the hair and put together the outfit . She says the outfit is temporary until she can find the right materials to make one more like the movie .

BTW - although Pennywise is a rather iconic character and I loved the book IT , I really can't stand the made for TV movie tongue

Good news is I have heard that IT is being remade cheers
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre - Page 4 Empty Re: Ourchickenshack's House of Horror : Return of The Living Dead Oklahoma Chainsaw Massacre

Post by ourchickenshack Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:20 pm

Our tenants next door went to a Halloween party Saturday night and came over to our house before they left so we could take pictures of them ...

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:07 am

My latest creation is a re purpose of a older hand prop I bought quite a few years ago . It originally had a little battery operated motor in it that caused it to wiggle but only worked for a couple years . I just set it on my grill for a couple years after it broke but this year I noticed that the latex around the wrist was melting so I pulled the motor out and cut away the bad latex . The hand was actually pretty well sculpted so I decided to make a different prop with it ...

[700][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/700]

The mangled fingertips were actually part of the original sculpt but I added the bone and gore on the wrist area . Did a complete repaint and then added it to my meat hooks ...

Now Leatherface will always know what time it is Razz
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:55 am

James, Things are looking absolutely frightening this year. bowwing
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26800
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:17 pm

lol brilliant , I thought leatherface wore a rolex

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:12 am

hellhippie wrote:lol brilliant , I thought leatherface wore a rolex

cheeky

Well I broke my general "cheap bastard" rule this year and bought a prop without waiting for the after Halloween sales  lol!

They had a pretty decent Twisty The Clown head (from American Horror Story) and I was afraid it would be too popular and sell out so I paid the full price  Embarassed

Of course it needed some work , here is a before and after comparison ...

I spent quite a bit of time on customizing it to suit me . New eyes , enlarged the nose and cheeks with milliputty , added additional latex gore around the neck , redid the hair and a complete repaint What a Face

After Halloween I will buy a full Twisty costume so that I can make a full size mannequin to add to my display .

BTW - If you are interested in a cheap easy way to make a mannequin check this video out ...

That's basically how I made my Leatherface ( I was the one getting taped  cheeky ) and I used a smaller girlfriend of my wife and I's as the model for Norma Bates  Razz

I also add a pvc plastic pipe frame and stuff the duct tape suit with polyfill - it takes a roll or 2 of duct tape , maybe $10 for the pvc pipe and joints needed and $10 or less worth of polyfill . $30 bucks total isn't too bad for a life size mannequin  Very Happy

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:12 pm

Here's a candy cart I made a couple years ago ...

The front skull is a animatronic / talking skull that I rigged up so that Julie can trigger it when she presses a hidden button at the back of the cart . The knife is removable so that a killing weapon is within easy reach cheeky   I also have mini strobes mounted under the shelves so that is lights up the stuff on them .

I actually made the cart to go with the costume Julie wore the last two years ...

[300][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/300]

She's going to be a nurse again this year but it is going to be the nurse from a old episode of The Twilight Zone called Eye of The Beholder What a Face
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturm86 Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:17 pm

You should make a Halloween museum, really great work!! clapping
Sturm86
Sturm86
Sullust Samurai

Yavin Honor : 1559
Focus : Tie Fighter & Tie Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:27 pm

Well the big day is finally here cheers

I have about 6 or 7 hours to finish preparing and to get ready to scare the hell out of anyone brave enough to trick or treat at our house cheeky

Here's a Grim Reaper that I threw together last minute to go with the sickle / scythe that I bought last year at a local thrift store ...

I made the body frame out of pvc pipe , added a skull and hands and dressed him with a cheap Dollar General priest costume we bought a few years ago .

I'll do a bit more with it next year to improve it's overall look but , at night at least , he looks good enough for this year What a Face
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:49 pm

James, Have a fantastic evening scaring the crap out of kids & adults alike. bowwing
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:14 am

Soooo, how did your favourite night of the year go? popcorn
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Dengar Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:50 am

A realm of stunning, horrorfying and very professional looking props, James!!  clapping  clapping  bowwing  clapping  clapping

Have you ever considered turning your hobby into your (part time) job?

And like Clint, I am also looking forward to this year's Halloween pics. Very Happy
Dr Dengar
Dr Dengar
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 4514
Focus : Lili Ledy, PBP, MIB.

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:05 am

Thanks Marco cheers

Yes we have been seriously considering buying a property to turn into a year round house of horror Twisted Evil

If we did I don't believe our small conservative town would be enough business so we would either have to do it in a college town like Stillwater or move out of state completely . If nothing else I have been thinking of selling props too but I barely seem to have the time to make a few new ones each year for my display lol!

Halloween night went great , my wife thought we were down a few trick or treater's from last year but , counting adults , Julie estimated we still had about 250 to 300 visitors cheers

Lot's of great scares and plenty of candy and toys were handed out to the filthy little bugger's cheeky

The only bad thing was it was unseasonably warm for Halloween which made it pretty miserable in my Jason costume whew

I spent most of the today recuperating and trying to make video's of this year's display . I think I have figured out a program on my computer that will allow me to add music to the videos so I will try to get them posted in the next day or two Very Happy

I also shot a few short videos of some of my animated props so you guys can see what they do ...

Here's my Deady Bear ...

Bag of Rats ...

Dog Skull ...

Nothing fancy but just a little fun , I'll get more posted over the next couple days  What a Face

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:51 am

I'll be damned - I figured out how to add music faster then I thought I would lol!

Here's how the display looked at dusk this year ...

The song is Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion by Fantômas (Mike Patton , Buzz Osbourne , Dave Lombardo , Trevor Dunn) Twisted Evil
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:11 pm

Fantastic. bowwing   I love how the dog skull makes the fingers dance on the bbq. clapping Nicely done on the display this year. yay

It was warm here as well, during the day it reached 18˚C, but was only 7˚C when the little buggers started coming around.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:59 pm

250 - 300 visitors jaw rockon We had less than 20 Laughing

Awesome display and video's James clapping Top work brother bowwing
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:21 pm

fantastic stuff , beautiful really ,,, we got 7 count em 7 trick or treaters !!!! I really haven't been displaying much the last few years but I put up a bit . just not super into it this year as I have shoulder surgery tomorrow and needed to get everything down right quick . james you made my Halloween better , thanks for it . too bad I live in shitty new York otherwise I woulda been at your house !!! clapping clapping clapping clapping yay yay yay yay Shocked

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:56 am

Thank you guys I really appreciate the kind words bowwing

I really hate taking it down every year  Crying or Very sad

Here are a few more of my animated props ...

The trigger for the talking skull on the candy cart is hidden in the mouth of the skull on the back of the cart so that Julie can start and stop it at will ...

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:11 pm

freaking incredible

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:55 pm

brilliant work mate, it all looked really good, glad it went of well
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5958

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Well past that time of year but due to life getting in the way I am running way behind on the display . I finally set up a week and a half ago or so but most years I start setting up the last 2 weeks of September .

My 1st project was to redo Grandpa's head because over the summer this happened ...

It was a pretty old mask when I bought it and I'm guessing that the heat in our garage caused a meltdown .

Lucky for me they just released a new Grandpa mask this year that is hands down better then the old one ...

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:38 pm

rockon Fine work sir! Since I live in an apartment in 2017, kids aren't even allowed to go door to door on Halloween here. Mad

My dad always goes all out decorating the house, I'll probably stop by there Haloween weekend just to see it.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:49 am

That is a good looking granpa mask. One of my favorite grim reaper heads got completely messed up from last year .. aint no fixing it either

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Thanks guys - glad you like the new Grandpa mask cheers

I moved him by Leatherface long enough to get a family portrait ...

The family that slays together stays together  Twisted Evil

and added the rest of my melted figures to this little scene ...

ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:53 am

That's a fine mask James clapping great pics as always mate bowwing
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top