Meet The Pets : Tell Us About Your Four Legged Friends : )

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meet The Pets : Tell Us About Your Four Legged Friends : ) - Page 7 Empty Re: Meet The Pets : Tell Us About Your Four Legged Friends : )

Post by the89thchris Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:13 am

Thanks guys,

Steve, small planted tanks are amazing pieces of interior decor. I've got a "fluval flora" tank that's been stable coming on 4 years. It has about 6 crypt in it and 3 amazon swords and 5 Amano shrimp who are all just as old. I add no food and she shrimp are active every day with just window light feeding the nutrient cycle. Its so fun to watch, and its cool to have shrimp that are years old lol
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Meet The Pets : Tell Us About Your Four Legged Friends : ) - Page 7 Empty Re: Meet The Pets : Tell Us About Your Four Legged Friends : )

Post by cantina_patron Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:03 am

Amano shrimps are very beneficial to a planted aquarium Chris. I kept them to keep hair algae under control and as you say, they are relatively long lived. The shrimps I had bred regularly, but having fish in the tank and a fairly powerful filter non of the young survived.
I gave my previous aquarium away over 9 years ago, as my daughter was starting to walk & I was worried that she might stumble and catch her head or eyes on the sharp corners of the stand.
I'm looking forward to getting back into fish keeping as, I have had over 30 years experience keeping & breeding them both domestically & professionally.
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5600
Focus : Cardbacks, loose variants, Lili Ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:28 pm

Only just found this thread, some nice pets in this thread and nice tanks to, here's our four legged friend, Sandy a shih Tzu, she's my baby really, she is the family pet but I see her as mine
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here I am with her before she went to the groomers
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5923

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:30 pm

Sandy is very cute Ian. BTW, it's nice to put a face to your name. Very Happy
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by ourchickenshack Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Adorable Ian cheers

and your little dogs cute too cheeky
ourchickenshack
ourchickenshack
Dagobah Daimyo

Yavin Honor : 27918
Focus : Farceur Mollification

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:08 pm

Cheers guys, yeah that's me handsome debonair man about town cheeky
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:05 pm

nice puppy ian , I had them when I was younger.. well my mom actually did . very sweet and loyal dogs .
I gotta get some pics up in this thread

Bespin Busho

Yavin Honor : 5322
Focus : Variants

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:31 pm

Nico wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Hey Steve, Do you still have your pet spider mate  scratch

Love to see a pic if you do buddy stick

I'm not scared or spiders (in the UK anyway lol! ) but I do respect them, fascinating creatures What a Face

It's not very good Andy as she was being uncooperative, but here's a pic of my Chillian Rose. She has a leg span of 5". I'll take a better one when circumstances permit.

cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:38 am

I have been kinda avoiding this section as I was missing my furballs everytime I would look on here, but me and Crystal have gotten a new cat from our daughter. Her and her soon to be hubby are moving to the east coast for work and are only able to take one of their cats.

They asked us if we would take Robs who is a 4 year old which is exactly what be and Crystal were thinking of getting, due to her health having a kitten would be way to hard for her to deal with while I am at work.Of course getting their cat we know his entire history as he had him from kittenhood, and one thing we are doing is getting pet insurance so knowing the full history is a good thing.

So I would like to introduce our newest member of the family to all of you and your lovely pets.

This is Tyrael
TXI UPLOADS
Meet The Pets : Tell Us About Your Four Legged Friends : ) - Page 7 Attachment
2018-02-11 12.46.42.png
Meet The Pets : Tell Us About Your Four Legged Friends : ) - Page 7 Attachment
2018-02-05 17.48.09.png
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:16 am

Nice looking cat! rockon

Mine is sleeping on the heater here beside me while I’m “studying” rofl

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:42 am

cantina_patron wrote:
Nico wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Hey Steve, Do you still have your pet spider mate  scratch

Love to see a pic if you do buddy stick

I'm not scared or spiders (in the UK anyway lol! ) but I do respect them, fascinating creatures What a Face

It's not very good Andy as she was being uncooperative, but here's a pic of my Chillian Rose. She has a leg span of 5". I'll take a better one when circumstances permit.

Wow how did I miss that, she's an absolute beauty Steve clapping Does she let you pick her up, I've heard you have to be very gentle or you could easily hurt them scratch Thanks for posting a pic Steve rockon

2 great cats you have there men cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Those cats look nice, glad you got a new furry friend to call your own Larry
And your cat looks snug Chris, great pics, chillian rose, that's a heck of a leg span, and an unusual but cool pet
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by cantina_patron Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:41 am

Nico wrote:
Wow how did I miss that, she's an absolute beauty Steve clapping Does she let you pick her up, I've heard you have to be very gentle or you could easily hurt them scratch Thanks for posting a pic Steve rockon

Thanks Andy. I can handle her when needed but I don't do it often as frequent handling can cause stress. As you say, you do need to be gentle and I always make sure that she's no more than an inch or two above a flat surface so that there is no danger of her jumping or falling from a height that could cause injury. I also watch her body language, as when these spiders feel threatened they can flick abdominal hairs which can be harmful if inhaled or they get into your eyes. She could also deliver a painful bite (the venom isn't strong but she does have large fangs).
cantina_patron
cantina_patron
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:30 pm

love the cats guys ... sweet spider steve . very cool

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:46 am

the result of me getting hosed at the vets for some $200 antibiotic cream  rofl doctor approved

the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by hellhippie Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:23 am

Me and the wife always laugh when we see the cone of shame!

Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by billygalaxy Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is that a Cornish Rex?
billygalaxy
billygalaxy
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by AdelaidePaul Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:51 am

Haven't posted for a while, so here is the black cat with the C3PO that arrived during the week
AdelaidePaul
AdelaidePaul
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 40
Focus : Cardbacks and loose, Toltoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:26 am

Great pic Paul, black cat guarding C3PO cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:42 pm

billygalaxy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is that a Cornish Rex?

Apparently its a "Devon Rex", not that I can articulate the difference. A Cornish Rex kinda has a bigger nose. rofl

Great shot of your cat with 3-PO!
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by arohk Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:31 am

the89thchris wrote:the result of me getting hosed at the vets for some $200 antibiotic cream  rofl doctor approved

Hey Chris if you stick a TV cable on the tail you get satellite TV, only it's hard to keep then stationary Smile. Hope the little one is doing better.

Paul you're one is awesome, look's a bit like Tryaels sister, we lost her a few weeks ago. I think Ty did something as he was an only kitty.

Love all the other pet's as well even the spider unless he's in my house, Then I would be moving lol.
arohk
arohk
Outer Rim Ronin

Yavin Honor : 1555
Focus : started on a baggie collection and lil ledy

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:50 am

Hey Larry, yes, that was resolved quickly. She would have picked up a few stations until they moved to a digital broadcasting system.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm

Our newest member of the herd, sittling nice on the mat beside the old girl (13 years old).  The wife and kids drove to near Ottawa on Saturday, to pick him up from the breeder.

The kids call him "Blue", but I want to call him "Smudge".  He's Poodle & Australian Shepard cross.  He'll get to 60 lbs (28 kg).

The cats are getting use to him already.

[400][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/400]
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26785
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by grinchy Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:04 pm

lovely pets guys, sad to say we had to have our Sandy put down, she had a bad infection and with her age, she was 11this coming june the vet said it was kinder to put her to sleep, we were with her, a really hard thing to witness but it was over very quickly, miss her little face
grinchy
grinchy
Bespin Busho

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:34 pm

Ian, sorry to hear that bro No bet she had a great life living in your house mate cheers

Clint, Blue or Smudge looks a great dog mate, nice one, his coat is awesome rockon
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top